Page 47 of 387 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3921167;
    Great analysis, Bachfan. And I agree, the only way to truly predict which choice she will make is to know what she's really looking for. I don't think we really know that little detail about Ali yet.
    thanks alex, you're right, i think that's the bigger issue. I think both 1on1's last week were good opportunities to show that...but they were pretty much generic info...blah
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3921167;
    Great analysis, Bachfan. And I agree, the only way to truly predict which choice she will make is to know what she's really looking for. I don't think we really know that little detail about Ali yet.
    I totally agree with that and have talked about that being key in past seasons too. You can't always believe that what the Bach/ette are billed as looking for, their reason for doing the show, is what they end up choosing. Matt Grant was billed as looking for a sweet girl, with a great sense of humour who was ready to settle down as he wanted to marry young and have kids.. so we all naturally thought Amanda would be his choice... wrong, he really wanted some Hollywood fame, so he chose Shayne... Same with Deanna, we thought Jason was perfect for what she SAID she was looking for, Jake wanted a wholesome girl-next-door type and well you know how he lied about that.

soooo... If Ali is serious about finding a lasting love, she'll choose Chris IMO and by the sounds of it, the majority of the viewers feel the same way, that he's her best match out of the guys on the show.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3921160;
    Trying to be objective here, but I see...

RobTo- I see the Edit treating him as a F2. Aliís incredibly attracted to him but weíll have to wait and see how deep that really goes. It can very well stay superficial. Fleiss plays on this and right now wants us to think the attractive connection = RobTo. He screams Kip to me...and unfortunately I don't see that changing much. He resorts to dancing and playing catch to entertain Ali, whereas those short 1on1 times should be used to delve further into each others interests/personalities. we'll see... i really want to hear him talk more to change my mind...and not about sports and salsa please.

Chris- Ali clearly thinks heís cute and has commonalities with Chris but heís not the frontrunner in her head at the moment. His Edit is definitely F1 or F2. No date yet, his spark with Ali is being hidden for the most part. Yeah, he has many PIís, but thatís about it. I think one huge clue is that other men in the house saw a connection with Ali & Chris that the viewers were not privy too. He's emotionaly stable, protective, mature, kind--the kind of guy most girls want. He could be a Jason Mesnick or a Ryan Sutter.

Frank-the fun guy who Ali thinks she wants- I get a very unsettled feeling about him. He wants to be in love, be a screenwriter, but the edit hasnít included anything about him settling down and having a family. If she picked him, it would be like Deanna picking Jesse. There's that fun laid-back aspect about it, but it doesn't scream "long-term or forever in a relationship". I know some men do change, but he still seems up in the air, still finding himself...and from experience, I've found, you've got to let a guy do his thing before trying to make him a fiance.

All three of these characters have been played in the F3 in the past seasons and who is F1 ultimately depends on the type of person make the choices.

Trista chose Ryan - she was serious about settling down
    Meredith chose Ian - she was incredibly attracted to him
    Deanna chose Jesse - he was fun (i know he was default but she could have gone with the person who she knew would settle down, if that's what she really wanted-Jason)
    JIllian chose Ed - Jill was serious about finding someone on her level, hate to admit it, but Ed is career oriented and responsible with similar humor, so he was a good match for her. Reid was cute, but couldn't commit, quirky; Kip was kindhearted and HOT with commitment issues as well.

Ali will have to find that balance in the quirky, smart, funny, & mature that best works for her, that is, if she's serious about settling down...
    Trista was straight forward that while she would like a hostessing job ( similar to Brooke on DWTS), what she wanted more than anything was marriage and children; she went through the process determined to find "the one." Inside info came out shortly after that she had been told somewhere along the line that Charlie would not commit. ( I will tell one on myself. At the time I had only seen one reality tv show and been on the mother board with the Aaron season, and I didn't understand this. Why wouldn't Charlie commit? He went on the show, didn't he? )
    We saw the edit. Ryan was "the one" in spades. He wanted her from the time he got out of the limo.

Now...I have to say something here. Ali was extremely quick to correct the misconception that Chris Harrison gave in an interview when he said that Ali wanted babies. She straightened him out lickety-split. She wants babies, she said, in 5 years.
    Ali wants a career, folks, just like she has always wanted. Now, she may or may not include marriage, but she does not want to start a family at the expense of her career which she doesn't even have right now.
    There is also a pretty long time between now and getting married, and anything can happen especially if you have had your heart set on something for a long time. We are hearing "love" now, but I am keeping in mind that we "hear" lots of stuff!

My guess - and it is a guess only - is that if Roberto truly is in training in Georgia, he too is working on his career which may be a pretty smart move for a twenty something year old young man.

For all I know, in one of their early talks Roberto laid out his career plans to Ali. That alone could have influenced her thinking, or maybe that plus one other thing. Who knows?

As I mentioned before, I was told by one of the super sleuths that the lead and the main contenders have hours long discussions about topics like politics and religion, etc., which we never see or hear because they would be boring and controversial, but they are very necessary. Though we don't see or hear it, surely the lead might take those differences of opinions into account when making a big selection, I would think.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921209;
    Trista was straight forward that while she would like a hostessing job ( similar to Brooke on DWTS), what she wanted more than anything was marriage and children; she went through the process determined to find "the one." Inside info came out shortly after that she had been told somewhere along the line that Charlie would not commit. ( I will tell one on myself. At the time I had only seen one reality tv show and been on the mother board with the Aaron season, and I didn't understand this. Why wouldn't Charlie commit? He went on the show, didn't he? )
    We saw the edit. Ryan was "the one" in spades. He wanted her from the time he got out of the limo.

Now...I have to say something here. Ali was extremely quick to correct the misconception that Chris Harrison gave in an interview when he said that Ali wanted babies. She straightened him out lickety-split. She wants babies, she said, in 5 years.
    Ali wants a career, folks, just like she has always wanted. Now, she may or may not include marriage, but she does not want to start a family at the expense of her career which she doesn't even have right now.
    There is also a pretty long time between now and getting married, and anything can happen especially if you have had your heart set on something for a long time. We are hearing "love" now, but I am keeping in mind that we "hear" lots of stuff!

My guess - and it is a guess only - is that if Roberto truly is in training in Georgia, he too is working on his career which may be a pretty smart move for a twenty something year old young man.

For all I know, in one of their early talks Roberto laid out his career plans to Ali. That alone could have influenced her thinking, or maybe that plus one other thing. Who knows?

As I mentioned before, I was told by one of the super sleuths that the lead and the main contenders have hours long discussions about topics like politics and religion, etc., which we never see or hear because they would be boring and controversial, but they are very necessary. Though we don't see or hear it, surely the lead might take those differences of opinions into account when making a big selection, I would think.

Roberto's career is in South Carolina, specifically. I suppose he could be an insurance agent anywhere but my understanding is that he has plans to open an office in Charleston. It is a beautiful city, but would Ali move there?

ITA that we don't know what she wants. She says love but she does not say with what kind of guy. Leaving it open might be smart.

I don't see glaring differences between the F2. Chris is older, sensitive, and given his job choices, maybe a little less focused on financial success. Other than that.....they are both good guys with good edits so far.

Forgive me, but I thought Roberto had already started the business
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3921216;
    Roberto's career is in South Carolina, specifically. I suppose he could be an insurance agent anywhere but my understanding is that he has plans to open an office in Charleston. It is a beautiful city, but would Ali move there?

ITA that we don't know what she wants. She says love but she does not say with what kind of guy. Leaving it open might be smart.

I don't see glaring differences between the F2. Chris is older, sensitive, and given his job choices, maybe a little less focused on financial success. Other than that.....they are both good guys with good edits so far.
    This is very true. I think most viewers will be happy with whoever she chooses. So unless TPTB decide to do a storyline along the lines of whether she's going to choose her heart and take a risk or go for safety after being hurt, it's a situation where the audience will be happy no matter what happens.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3920795;
    That could be, but Frank is no REID. Reid didn't get the hyper intro that Frank got. They let the Reid story slowly unfold and they are pushing Frank from the start. He has glasses, but so what? I'm not buying Frank as another Reid, and if TPTB think I'm that gullible then shame on them. :nono
    I know and you know that Frank is no Reid, but I don't think MF understands the meaning of the word subtle. They found in Jill's season, to their surprise, that women went gaga over a cute, funny, quirky guy in glasses from the big city, so in their minds, they are duplicating this with Frank, and to make sure we don't miss the similarities, they are hitting us over the head with them (with a sledgehammer). Apparently, for some it's working, if Frank is already so popular, based on his (IMO) lame and annoying performance so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921209;
    I guess I was thinking in terms of what the Edit is showing. I guess watching RobTo play catch with Ali is much more entertaining than watching him speak about politics and religion...
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3921237;
    I guess I was thinking in terms of what the Edit is showing. I guess watching RobTo play catch with Ali is much more entertaining than watching him speak about politics and religion...
    What brought up the info about the lead and contenders having those hours was that I said I wanted to hear something of substance. I wanted to hear what they "think". I guess it would be boring to most people, and the catch was cute. I really do think so. Playing ball also was what he has done with a lot of his life as well as the fact that it exemplified the idea that Ali is a tomboy, so it really wasn't a wasted scene from that point of view.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3921226;
    I know and you know that Frank is no Reid, but I don't think MF understands the meaning of the word subtle. They found in Jill's season, to their surprise, that women went gaga over a cute, funny, quirky guy in glasses from the big city, so in their minds, they are duplicating this with Frank, and to make sure we don't miss the similarities, they are hitting us over the head with them (with a sledgehammer). Apparently, for some it's working, if Frank is already so popular, based on his (IMO) lame and annoying performance so far.
    I agree Ironcat. The Frank Ali is getting to know is probably a little more balanced or level than what we are seeing - he's being grossly edited to appear a certain way. Yes, he's likely hyper, talkative, dramatic and quirky, but I would also bet he has another side that is intelligent, articulate and a little more grounded as well.