Page 46 of 387 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3920577;
    Just saying that Frank and Roberto were the front runners in Ep 1 and 2.
    So were Jillian and Jeremy... and they left at F3. Graham and Ali were both early frontrunners who left at F4.

IMO they will throw all editing out the window again. They know exactly how they want this storyline played out. They knew before Frank did that he was leaving at F3. With people coming and going the past 4 seasons I am surprised anyone can make sense out of any of this...

Would Graham have been F1 if he didn't choose to leave?
    Would Kip or Reid been F1 had Ed not come back?
    Would Ali have been F1 had she not left?
    Would Frank have been F1 had he not left?

We will only know for sure if Ali admits that Frank was F1. Everything else is speculation.
    Last edited by Noobslueth; 06-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.

And like every single season - we will never know the truth about anything. All the players keep their mouths shut - we know enough 'truth' to know a very high percentage of what we watch is manufactured and scripted.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3920585;
    bamabrain! Yea! I was getting worried about you. Back on topic: I hope conversations were edited out... otherwise they're truly as vapid as TPTB make them appear.

I assumed when this season started that Chris would get the Ryan edit and Roberto the Charlie edit. However, unless Roberto does an about-face in the next episodes, that doesn't appear to hold true. Charlie was a very "touchy" guy. They are similar in that Ali and Trista turn to jelly around them.
    I totally saw Chris and Roberto getting these edits too. And I saw it in the first two eps. Roberto is not super-touchy, but he was rubbing her arm a few times and seemed quietly confident, similar to Charlie. Also like Charlie, he looks perfect on paper. Chris is like Ryan in that he is instantly smitten and gets a little awkward and overeager around her. I thought Charlie would win in his season, but then I did not watch all that closely then. Also, I do not see Chris writing poetry. At least I hope he won't.

We have the triad scenerio here.......... Frank - the type she usually is attracted to - BUT............... - Roberto - the too good looking type who intimidates her - Chris - the different type from what she usually wants

Makes good sense to me
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

TPTB knew how popular Reid was and I think, the edit right now is showing Frank to be a Reid substitute - with the heavy glasses and quirky personality.
    JMO
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3920790;
    TPTB knew how popular Reid was and I think, the edit right now is showing Frank to be a Reid substitute - with the heavy glasses and quirky personality.
    JMO
    That could be, but Frank is no REID. Reid didn't get the hyper intro that Frank got. They let the Reid story slowly unfold and they are pushing Frank from the start. He has glasses, but so what? I'm not buying Frank as another Reid, and if TPTB think I'm that gullible then shame on them. :nono

I like Frank for himself. He seems a bit smarter than Reid, faster talking and more entertaining. He's quicker to lay it all out there & make a move. Immediate reaction is thumbs up, hope he goes far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3920850;
    I like Frank for himself. He seems a bit smarter than Reid, faster talking and more entertaining. He's quicker to lay it all out there & make a move. Immediate reaction is thumbs up, hope he goes far.
    Have you read the spoilers on Frank yet?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3920586;
    So were Jillian and Jeremy... and they left at F3. Graham and Ali were both early frontrunners who left at F4.

IMO they will throw all editing out the window again. They know exactly how they want this storyline played out. They knew before Frank did that he was leaving at F3. With people coming and going the past 4 seasons I am surprised anyone can make sense out of any of this...

Would Graham have been F1 if he didn't choose to leave?
    Would Kip or Reid been F1 had Ed not come back?
    Would Ali have been F1 had she not left?
    Would Frank have been F1 had he not left?

We will only know for sure if Ali admits that Frank was F1. Everything else is speculation.
    Trying to be objective here, but I see...

RobTo- I see the Edit treating him as a F2. Aliís incredibly attracted to him but weíll have to wait and see how deep that really goes. It can very well stay superficial. Fleiss plays on this and right now wants us to think the attractive connection = RobTo. He screams Kip to me...and unfortunately I don't see that changing much. He resorts to dancing and playing catch to entertain Ali, whereas those short 1on1 times should be used to delve further into each others interests/personalities. we'll see... i really want to hear him talk more to change my mind...and not about sports and salsa please.

Chris- Ali clearly thinks heís cute and has commonalities with Chris but heís not the frontrunner in her head at the moment. His Edit is definitely F1 or F2. No date yet, his spark with Ali is being hidden for the most part. Yeah, he has many PIís, but thatís about it. I think one huge clue is that other men in the house saw a connection with Ali & Chris that the viewers were not privy too. He's emotionaly stable, protective, mature, kind--the kind of guy most girls want. He could be a Jason Mesnick or a Ryan Sutter.

Frank-the fun guy who Ali thinks she wants- I get a very unsettled feeling about him. He wants to be in love, be a screenwriter, but the edit hasnít included anything about him settling down and having a family. If she picked him, it would be like Deanna picking Jesse. There's that fun laid-back aspect about it, but it doesn't scream "long-term or forever in a relationship". I know some men do change, but he still seems up in the air, still finding himself...and from experience, I've found, you've got to let a guy do his thing before trying to make him a fiance.

All three of these characters have been played in the F3 in the past seasons and who is F1 ultimately depends on the type of person make the choices.

Trista chose Ryan - she was serious about settling down
    Meredith chose Ian - she was incredibly attracted to him
    Deanna chose Jesse - he was fun (i know he was default but she could have gone with the person who she knew would settle down, if that's what she really wanted-Jason)
    JIllian chose Ed - Jill was serious about finding someone on her level, hate to admit it, but Ed is career oriented and responsible with similar humor, so he was a good match for her. Reid was cute, but couldn't commit, quirky; Kip was kindhearted and HOT with commitment issues as well.

Ali will have to find that balance in the quirky, smart, funny, & mature that best works for her, that is, if she's serious about settling down...
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Great analysis, Bachfan. And I agree, the only way to truly predict which choice she will make is to know what she's really looking for. I don't think we really know that little detail about Ali yet.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl