Page 42 of 387 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

I think his name is Ty Brown, but yeah he seems really nice too, and a cutie...

I tried to resist coming into the spoiler section, but I couldn't. Glad that Chris L. makes it far
    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3920000;
    Chris L was shown as being crazy for Ali, and so was Frank. Roberto seems to be taking it more slow (reminds me of Kip). Chris said he was melting for Ali, Frank said he felt like Ali was his girlfriend. I wonder if we will get a glimpse of Roberto's feelings next week?
    I think you're spot on with how this is shaping up. Chris is very into Ali, while we don't (So far) hear her gushing over him like she has with Roberto, Frank and Jesse to an extent. Chris is shown as enthusiastic, nervous, and these seem like his true emotions. Roberto is more laid back and not as giddy. This could just be a difference in personality or maybe Roberto isn't as into Ali as she is into him yet. Nevertheless, this is what they're showing us.

On the season preview Ali says she wants someone who's going to love her back, and maybe that is the question/problem that will take shape with Roberto. Then Chris, otoh, has a vo that says he will only propose to Ali if he knows that she loves him in return or something to that effect. The story-lines become whether or not Ali will choose the one she loves (Roberto) or will she choose the one who loves her (Chris)? Hopefully it's Chris.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyBee;3920041;
    Yeah his edit is quite good so far so TPTB must really like him. Be interesting to follow how it continues in the coming weeks, maybe making him this season's fan favorite. They could do alot worse!
    In order for Ty to be a contender for the Bachelor, he will have to become a fan favorite or be viewed as the frontrunner at some point. The only times that a lead was chosen who wasn't in the F2 or 3, it was when they reached that status. I know many of us didn't like Jake, but in the early episodes, and even up until he was eliminated, he did have a decent sized following that truly believed he was Jillian's top pick (getting the first 1 on 1 didn't hurt). I suspect that Ty, while likeable, will not get the same reaction from viewers. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3920030;
    If you ask me (and I know you didn't) but I think Ty Morrow is getting a possible future Bachelor edit. Very charming, funny and straightforward ---- told Ali about his divorce, not waiting for the 'right time'. He must be a contender.

Ali and Roberto's date will definitely set the edit for these two - either they're going to be all chemistry, or there will be substance as well.
    They have to have backups. IA with Alanna that whoever ends up F2 is probably their 1st choice but if he turns them down then they need other candidates. With Jillian's season they were prepping Jake for it but Reid and Kiptyn connected with their viewers far more so those 2 were their top choices. Jake only got the gig after Reid and Kiptyn both turned down Fleiss. This season I'd guess you'll have the F2 as the frontrunner with Kirk, possibly Kasey, and Ty Brown as the backups for the next Bachelor.

If there isn't much substance to Ali & Roberto's date I wouldn't be surprised if it seems like that's Ali's doing moreso than Roberto's.

I don't see alot of emotion coming from Roberto yet and maybe that will change next week..I hope. I saw a lot with CL but he did have a lot of ITM last night he seems like he might be the narrator for the season. So far Kirk and Ty have both had great edits and I will even admit that those two are my favorite right now. I really liked how Ty and Ali both handled his divorce situation. I don't recall Ali having an ITM after he told her which means it probably was not a big deal to her. Kirk just melts my heart and I go gaga whenever he is on the screen (even with DH in the room). I would definitely enjoy watching Kirk or Ty be the bachelor at this point over Roberto. Roberto whipping out the "I was drafted by the majors" card kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Overall (aside from Frank) I have a really good feeling about her top 6 (as DH likes Craig Robinson).

With Frank it is like someome clued him in or else he did his research on Ali and found out what she was looking for in a guy - quirky, smart, funny, spontaneous, etc. - and he is trying to be all of those things for her. He is even playing into her insecurity, her fear of "will they like me back" by aggressively pursuing her. After just one date he is already calling her his girlfriend and is saying that he has jealous feelings when she is out on dates with some of the other guys. Frank even was the one to initiate the first kiss on their 1-on-1 date, and he did the same thing when he pulled her away from Kasey and kissed her right in front of the other guys right before the RC. He is pulling out all the big guns!!

It seems like both Roberto and Chris L have a plan, which isn't to be aggressive but to stand out from the rest of the guys in some way. Chris L quoted his father as saying that a good start in a relationship is to find what you have in common and to build on that. Chris L is trying to build something rather than dazzle her right now.

Roberto's plan does seem to involve some kind of activity like dancing and baseball. He is also trying to stand out from the rest, and he might also be using things that he knows they have in common. Ali is athletic and seems to like to dance. I also think that Roberto may have gone into the season with no expectations - that he is letting things happen rather than pushing things like Frank. Doesn't Roberto say that he never expected to develop feelings for Ali so quickly? He may be taken by surprise when he does start to care a lot for Ali.

And back to Frank. I can't imagine how the girlfriend back home must be feeling if she is watching this all unfold. Frank actually said that his 1-on-1 date with Ali was his best first date ever!!! He certainly isn't sounding like a guy who is still carrying a torch for an ex-gf.

I was hoping that with a Phi Beta Kappan cast as the "lead" that the dialogue would be a bit more articulate this season. I see that that the script is pretty much the same, alas. I really wish they'd hire some better writers. I did notice, though, that to her credit Ali choked when she had to say the word "journey." I wonder if there were any substantive conversations that were edited out?

Does anyone know - did Roberto graduate from college - or did he go into baseball before graduating ?

Episode 2 Rose Ceremony-

I caught something choppy in the editing last night during the rose ceremony and rewound my DVR just to see if I had seen it correctly....

With all the drama between Craig R and "The Weatherman", I was curious to see which of the two would stay and which would go. They kept focusing on several of the men and their expressions during the rose ceremony. When Ali called out John C, Jonathon HAD a rose on his lapel. However, the sequence they showed it made it appear as if Jonathon received the last rose.

FORT Fogey

The intial edit of Frank is that he is very interested in Ali; and she seems interested in him as well. It has been pointed out that their relationship has progressed further than most others due to the 1:1 date. This is what we have been led to believe at this point. It will be interesting, however, to watch Frank in the next several episodes when he is with Ali. Remember, he has claimed they had no chemistry. If what we saw last night continues throughout his remaining time on the show, then we know he is a hired gun. We'll have to watch his body language and see how much he pulls away from Ali, if at all.

Ali's statement at the RC about this all being a process to get to the end was telling. I think sometimes we will definitely see her just going through the motions. Her date with Jesse is an example. While she seemed to warm up to him a bit at the end, she almost treated him like her little brother - except for the statements about him being hot. It was like she kept him around because he's one of the better ones of the bunch she has no interest in.

Her 1:1 time with Chris L. was abbreviated. They let us see the part they wanted to about them talking about what they have in common - saying wicked - and family importance. It's like that's all we needed to see of those two in order to lead into his storyline; including the parts where Chris expressed how interested he is in Ali.

I see the edit leading to a tight 3-way race between Frank, Roberto and Chris, likely with Frank being shown as the frontrunner. The bomb with Frank will be dropped and viewers will be stunned and wondering now what? It will be interesting to watch the edit of these three men going forward and what challenges Ali will face with each of them.