Page 386 of 387 FirstFirst ... 286336376377378379380381382383384385386387 LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

IMO the producers must have had to edit out some of the Roberto/Ali scenes because the suspense of the show would have been ruined (check out the FORT poll) and the viewers would have known the F1 was Roberto. Cupcakes posted screencaps that were not included in the show, and those support that the connection all along was Roberto and Ali, as much as we all like Chris.

Personally I think they focused on Chris because he was much more entertaining. Roberto was a little dry, passive which may balance with Ali better. Here's wishing good luck to Ali & Roberto and hoping ABC brings Chris back next season!!!!! He definitely has what it takes to carry this show and offers any lucky girl a much better shake at real lasting romance than Jake ever did.
    "Shakespeare In Love"

My Boyfriend refuses to watch this show because of the editing LOL... Last season when they showed in the previews ALI's phone call to Jake asking to come back.. The clip made it appear he welcomed her back with open arms..

DUBF said... she is coming back to only find out it was spliced...He was horrified they could do such a thing... I of course just giggled and gave him a kiss and said "your cute"... (he looks a little like Roberto minus the eyebrows..)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;4020161[B
    ;]Personally I think they focused on Chris because he was much more entertaining[/B]. Roberto was a little dry, passive which may balance with Ali better. Here's wishing good luck to Ali & Roberto and hoping ABC brings Chris back next season!!!!! He definitely has what it takes to carry this show and offers any lucky girl a much better shake at real lasting romance than Jake ever did.
    I agree with you on that one! Chris is definitely more entertaining, I love his humor, actually I could just sit and listen to his voice all day Kind of reminds me of what they did with Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4020179;
    I agree with you on that one! Chris is definitely more entertaining, I love his humor, actually I could just sit and listen to his voice all day Kind of reminds me of what they did with Reid.
    Both Reid and Chris are by faaaaar my favorite guys ever on this show..hands down! I think they both showed alot of integrity as well. Both are great guys and Reid apparently didn't need much help finding love after Jillian.

I too could listen to Chris all day....and both Reid and Chris have a similar sense of humor as well. He certainly made this season fun to watch!

Never Again Dismiss or Discount the Adrenaline date! What is this - two bachelors and two bachelorettes, now? (note to self)

Those who read edits could see by the fifth episode that the two leads were in a horse race. One week one was ahead, the next the other. Do Not Take Edit For Granted Ever Again! (note to self)

One common thread through all the shows did stay intact and that was that the narrator from the first few episodes is NEVER the F1. In this case, perhaps Chris was more entertaining than others, but nevertheless, he is not the F1.

Another truism (other than Deanna's screwed up season) the F1 rarely gets the first 1:1 date as late as just before hometowns.

Next season we start with a fresh slate. How to approach the edit? It all depends on the characters involved whether it will be cut and dried or not. Also depends on the drama involved. But, never dismiss the adrenalin date.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4019776;
    There is something diabolically wrong with repeatedly using the edit season after season to manipulate the majority of viewers to fall in love with the wrong person.
    However, in my not at all humble opinion, there is something ethically wrong in the storywriters deliberately crafting and editing a storyline that features numerous - many, many - story elements pointing to the wrong winner.

Many of you know me as practical, common sense Bloomers who watches the statistics like a hawk. I will use hyperbole to make a point, but I am not typically given to dramatics, and certainly not melodramatics. However, as I sit here, my heart hurts for the Chris fans and the wonderful analysts on this thread.
    The English major from so long ago rails against the injustice that has been done, especially the effect it has had on you in this thread.

I wonder if Fleiss and Co. - in an attempt to shut down RS - decided even more so than usual to elaborate on Chris's edit at the total expense of Roberto's edit.
    You are totally correct in that we did not learn much about Roberto, but you can bet that Ali did in all of those hours of discussion we did not hear.
    What a mockery and shame the edit was this season....

I want you to know how impressed I have been with all of the analysis on this thread. Even though I felt sure at times (especially prior to the Fantasy Dates when they "mixed up the edits") that you were barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, nevertheless, I was still in awe of the marvelous presentations that I read.

Props to all of you.
    Thank you Bloomers for all of your fine posts - they are always appreciated. I agree with the above - and such a shame to give us a not so flattering view of Roberto and the relationship building - just seems to lay the groundwork for a tough post show time for the participants. Imagine Ali & Roberto reading that 67% thought she should pick Chris ... shouldn't have to be that way.

I'm now beginning to think that TPTB did Roberto a huge favor in the way they edited him. Even though I was a bit frustrated that they didn't show that much of him on the show, it's a good thing. The public is less attached to him because they know so little about him, therefore he can more easily disappear from sight and get back to a normal life. Lots of people are outdone with Ali, so they will no longer be interested in her after a while too. This could tremendously help their budding relationship because there will hopefully be less people in their business.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

What always amuses me is that no matter how much of a "straight line" the edit is (Trista-Ryan season and Andy-Tessa season, for example), there will still be at least half of the viewing audience who sees the edit pointing to Charlie or Bevin. That's part of what makes the show popular and frustrating. If Ali chose anyone, it was clear to me that she chose Roberto. Where there's smoke, there is fire. Nothing unethical or immoral about that, unless she's supposed to remain chaste through this hormonal bungee jump. In the mind of Fleiss, what happens on the motu doesn't stay on the motu. We're all voyeurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4020229;
    Never Again Dismiss or Discount the Adrenaline date! What is this - two bachelors and two bachelorettes, now? (note to self)

Those who read edits could see by the fifth episode that the two leads were in a horse race. One week one was ahead, the next the other. Do Not Take Edit For Granted Ever Again! (note to self)

One common thread through all the shows did stay intact and that was that the narrator from the first few episodes is NEVER the F1. In this case, perhaps Chris was more entertaining than others, but nevertheless, he is not the F1.

Another truism (other than Deanna's screwed up season) the F1 rarely gets the first 1:1 date as late as just before hometowns.

Next season we start with a fresh slate. How to approach the edit? It all depends on the characters involved whether it will be cut and dried or not. Also depends on the drama involved. But, never dismiss the adrenalin date.

That is a great summary to remember. This season did actualy follow the F1 formular down to a T.

Add a couple of other signs :
    1. The "voiceovers" during the MTA making it seem like Chris was the best thing since sliced bread is a clear indication that he would not be the F1.
    2. The Disappearance of the candidate after the show finished filming, Vienna Ed and now Roberto all MIA.
    3. The absence of an intro piece in the season Premier episode.

Yes, the signs were all there and all followed the preset formular with few minor adjustments.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series