Page 385 of 387 FirstFirst ... 285335375376377378379380381382383384385386387 LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4019776;
    There is something diabolically wrong with repeatedly using the edit season after season to manipulate the majority of viewers to fall in love with the wrong person.
    However, in my not at all humble opinion, there is something ethically wrong in the storywriters deliberately crafting and editing a storyline that features numerous - many, many - story elements pointing to the wrong winner.

Many of you know me as practical, common sense Bloomers who watches the statistics like a hawk. I will use hyperbole to make a point, but I am not typically given to dramatics, and certainly not melodramatics. However, as I sit here, my heart hurts for the Chris fans and the wonderful analysts on this thread.
    The English major from so long ago rails against the injustice that has been done, especially the effect it has had on you in this thread.

I wonder if Fleiss and Co. - in an attempt to shut down RS - decided even more so than usual to elaborate on Chris's edit at the total expense of Roberto's edit.
    You are totally correct in that we did not learn much about Roberto, but you can bet that Ali did in all of those hours of discussion we did not hear.
    What a mockery and shame the edit was this season....

I want you to know how impressed I have been with all of the analysis on this thread. Even though I felt sure at times (especially prior to the Fantasy Dates when they "mixed up the edits") that you were barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, nevertheless, I was still in awe of the marvelous presentations that I read.

Props to all of you.
    It is pretty sadistic isn't it? I had hoped that with MF stating how much he liked Ali that this season would be different, and she would end up in the very end with the viewers favorite. The edit this season was crazy, I tallied up the PI's from ep2 thru htd's and Chris far exceeded anyone else, not to mention his total screen time. I guess I had hopes that MF was on a mission to make RS look bad, so he came up with a conspiracy to to prove RS wrong...having Chris bow out early, making it look like it will be Roberto, only to have him let go, hence the no pick, which is what RS had been saying. But to only somehow in the very end be Chris. Why else have such a crazy edit for him? To make him more profitable as the next Bachelor? I don't know, I guess time will tell, not too much longer and it'll be all over

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4019821;
    I'm not one of the analysts, but I am a Chris fan, so I want to say thank you for this. It's nice to know not everyone thinks we're idiots for falling in love with the story we were shown.

The thing that makes me mad is that they didn't show us more of the Roberto and Ali love story, as you have stated.

I think I finally learned my lesson this season and will wait until I know the ending to tune in from now on. That way I don't let Fleiss' editors break my heart. It is going to be really hard to watch Chris and Ali's love story end after so much of a build up ... but I hope in real life Chris finds love and Ali and Roberto are happy
    I just fell in love with Chris and will retire him to my dreams after tonight. Would be great to see him next season as the Bachelor doing things his way with his funny demeanor and smiling face.
    "Shakespeare In Love"

FORT Newbie

There is something diabolically wrong with repeatedly using the edit season after season to manipulate the majority of viewers to fall in love with the wrong person.
    However, in my not at all humble opinion, there is something ethically wrong in the storywriters deliberately crafting and editing a storyline that features numerous - many, many - story elements pointing to the wrong winner.
    Bloomers, I really appreciate your comments and I completely agree that there is something ethically "off" with the producers/editors choice to highlight the "wrong" guy. The bottom line is it does make for a dramatic FRC... and I'm sure that's all TPTB care about.

Unfortunately, it also must make it uncomfortable or worse, destructive for the winning couple. This “setup” by TPTB undermines and challenges the couple’s new and developing relationship because the winner, in this case Ali, is forced to defend her choice and Roberto against the majority of viewers that believe she should have chosen Chris. Honestly, with this pressure, it’s a wonder any of these relationship survives.

Still, in the end, I am glad to have spent this season getting to know Chris. Win or not, he was a joy to watch.
    Last edited by SueSt; 08-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SueSt;4019896;
    Bloomers, I really appreciate your comments and I completely agree that there is something ethically "off" with the producers/editors choice to highlight the "wrong" guy. The bottom line is it does make for a dramatic FRC... and I'm sure that's all TPTB care about.

Unfortunately, it also must make it uncomfortable or worse, destructive for the winning couple. This “setup” by TPTB undermines and challenges the couple’s new and developing relationship because the winner, in this case Ali, is forced to defend her choice and Roberto against the majority of viewers that believe she should have chosen Chris. Honestly, with this pressure, it’s a wonder any of these relationship survives.

Still, in the end, I am glad to have spent this season getting to know Chris. Win or not, he was a joy to watch.
    GREAT POST!!! Feel the same.

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=Bloomers;4019776;]There is something diabolically wrong with repeatedly using the edit season after season to manipulate the majority of viewers to fall in love with the wrong person.

Totally agree w/ you. I wish the producers would realize that sometimes telling/showing a true love story (whether it last or not) would generate high ratings as well.

Of course, I am a hopeless romantic.

I truly hope that Ali/Roberto make it. I am really routing for them.

What was up with all of those rainbows?? Only the detail oriented people on here would notice them, so I don't think they did it just to trick those few... Those editors are truly evil...

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4020075;
    What was up with all of those rainbows?? Only the detail oriented people on here would notice them, so I don't think they did it just to trick those few... Those editors are truly evil...
    Honestly, other than the one true rainbow shot and a couple of others, I think it was just sloppy photo editing. It wasn't worth their trouble to take them out. JMHO

FORT Regular

Yeah, the purported ending of this season does not make sense from the editing perspective. Chris' backstory, which was shared from the very beginning made the viewers want to root for him. Here's a guy who took care of his mom in her dying year and whose family is just plain wonderful. One, if not the most, memorable family in the Bachelor/Bachelorette history. I just can't believe that the producers would just use them to their advantage because they can. I know that Chris joined The Bachelor and with that came the responsibility of having to expose yourself and your family to the public. It was his choice to join and stay in this show but I still felt that they were being showcased behind the love story of Chris and Ali that developed real slowly.

It's a shame because while a lot of viewers are also pulling for Roberto and Ali, Chris' supporters is way more many. I'm almost positive that there will be an overwhelming message that Ali chose the wrong guy because every poll I see, Chris is picked as the right guy for her. And to Ali and Roberto, the stress of having to prove their relationship to the public will add to the stress of building a relationship under the llimelight, more so if they really join DWTS.

I just don't understand why they would edit it this way. I can only understand it if they are building Chris, whose heart was broken, as the new Bachelor. But do I really want Chris to be the new Bachelor? As much as I would like to see him on my TV screen for the next season, I just don't want to see him amidst catty and petty women fighting for him. I just don't trust the producers' mentality in picking the men or women for the lead in this show.

It still boggles my mind why they would edit Chris the way the did and Roberto's love story with Ali in the background. It doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SueSt;4019896;

Absolutely it can make it "destructive" for the winning couple. I believe the Navy DR. said that in his interview on the E! Special. The viewing audience thinks one should have picked the other & then they have to defend their choice. In the Navy Dr's words "were you there?"

Logical people can reason that TPTB are editing this show to make dramatic & draw in viewers. It's sad to think that Ali will have to defend her choice repeatedly. She doesn't have to answer to anyone but herself.
    I'd take either one.

FORT Fanatic

Many of you know me as practical, common sense Bloomers who watches the statistics like a hawk. I will use hyperbole to make a point, but I am not typically given to dramatics, and certainly not melodramatics. However, as I sit here, my heart hurts for the Chris fans and the wonderful analysts on this thread.
    The English major from so long ago rails against the injustice that has been done, especially the effect it has had on you in this thread.

I wonder if Fleiss and Co. - in an attempt to shut down RS - decided even more so than usual to elaborate on Chris's edit at the total expense of Roberto's edit.
    You are totally correct in that we did not learn much about Roberto, but you can bet that Ali did in all of those hours of discussion we did not hear.
    What a mockery and shame the edit was this season....

I want you to know how impressed I have been with all of the analysis on this thread. Even though I felt sure at times (especially prior to the Fantasy Dates when they "mixed up the edits") that you were barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, nevertheless, I was still in awe of the marvelous presentations that I read.

Props to all of you.
    Bloomers I oft times disagree with your take on things, but today agree that it is so wrong to lead viewers astray with edits as Fleiss continues to do. It's like reading a mystery where all the red herrings are the plot rather than devices to move the plot along. This and other boards have so many intelligent sleuthers who bring a deep perspective to what is actually a pretty simple show. The English major as well as the Counselor in me is very tired of being duped time and time again.