Page 384 of 387 FirstFirst ... 284334374375376377378379380381382383384385386387 LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Max64 ~ I find those very interesting statistics as well. Great job!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by martinanne;4019562;
    Ok, this is making me a little nutso. I've listed to both of them and they sound identical and I can't tell which one has the name spliced in.

On Episode 7 Part 1 (Portugal) in a voiceover at 12:25 Ali says "I'm realizing that Roberto could really be the one for me."

And in the current preview video at abc.com called Ali's Finale Sneak, in a voiceover at :55 Ali says "I'm realizing that Chris could really be the one for me."

They have the same intonation, so I think one of them is spliced (?), but I can't hear it. Someone with better ears help me out here!

Or is it possible that they had her same the exact same thing about both guys on purpose?
    Ok, now I've listened to them a few more times with headphones on. And I think it's "Chris" that is spliced in. I can hear it better with the headphones. But I'm still really new at trying to listen in for splices and cuts and such editing tricks. So I'd appreciate it if a seasoned sleuther can confirm this for me...that when she says it with "Roberto" that's non-spliced and when she says it with "Chris" it is spliced in there. Thanks!

FORT Fan

Some questions about edited scenes that were put out in commercial previews, endings or deleted scenes.

Is there any significance to the Cat and mouse scenes? Have TPTB ever done this little comic relief before with animals?

Are the cat and mouse scenes TPTB are giving us and referring to a game of catch me if you can- trying to figure out the ending along with fooling us, RS and any others trying to spoil ending ahead of time.

Or could it be.....

Is Chris the Cat that catches the mouse(Ali) - runnning around, then Cat gets what he came for food (love) - spoils Ali and Roberto's meal in Portugal.

Then ....
    Finale preview commercial- Roberto "I don't know if I can propose" or will he, expect the opposite of what we are really seeing.

Is everything being previewed so twisted and edited so much that the ending will really be a surprise or will it be a bust with Ali's choice no one but herself?
    Last edited by Tigerl; 08-02-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4016803;
    Some may argue, but it's pretty clear to me that the "God I love you" was dubbed into the scene with Chris and Ali on their FD. Why did they edit that in, only to tell us later in the MTP preview that he hasn't said I love you? Granted the MTP sounds spliced to me as others have said, but why are they contradicting themselves by editing it this way? And why is the "God I love you" statement important to be put in the FD based on the storyline they're creating? CH even mentioned what a sweet moment it was in his blog that week.

Any theories? It may not be important, but it's been bothering me, and I feel like if we can figure out where they're going with this, maybe we'll figure out the ending...
    Why is everyone so sure Chris' "God I love you" was dubbed in? I watched it several times, but don't know exactly what I'm looking for to indicate splicing or dubbing. It sounds real to me. Why does everyone think it wasn't? And if they spliced in his whisper, did they also splice her laugh in response?

And from his PI right afterward, he confesses that he finally told her that day, so even if it WAS dubbed, it stilll must've occurred on that date. Which does make it hard to understand why Ali and her family thinks that Chris has NOT said it yet, next episode.

I had originally thought Ali laughed to downplay the intensity of the moment, but perhaps she was laughing anyway and didn't even hear him say it at all. Imagine getting rejected and then 2 months later when the show airs, finding out that the girl you said I love you to had never even heard you...

FORT Fogey

There is something diabolically wrong with repeatedly using the edit season after season to manipulate the majority of viewers to fall in love with the wrong person.
    However, in my not at all humble opinion, there is something ethically wrong in the storywriters deliberately crafting and editing a storyline that features numerous - many, many - story elements pointing to the wrong winner.

Many of you know me as practical, common sense Bloomers who watches the statistics like a hawk. I will use hyperbole to make a point, but I am not typically given to dramatics, and certainly not melodramatics. However, as I sit here, my heart hurts for the Chris fans and the wonderful analysts on this thread.
    The English major from so long ago rails against the injustice that has been done, especially the effect it has had on you in this thread.

I wonder if Fleiss and Co. - in an attempt to shut down RS - decided even more so than usual to elaborate on Chris's edit at the total expense of Roberto's edit.
    You are totally correct in that we did not learn much about Roberto, but you can bet that Ali did in all of those hours of discussion we did not hear.
    What a mockery and shame the edit was this season....

I want you to know how impressed I have been with all of the analysis on this thread. Even though I felt sure at times (especially prior to the Fantasy Dates when they "mixed up the edits") that you were barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, nevertheless, I was still in awe of the marvelous presentations that I read.

Props to all of you.

Bloomers, ITA! It was so fun to read all the analyses anyway, regardless of the outcome. I have to say this season has been my favorite!!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4019776;
    There is something diabolically wrong with repeatedly using the edit season after season to manipulate the majority of viewers to fall in love with the wrong person.
    However, in my not at all humble opinion, there is something ethically wrong in the storywriters deliberately crafting and editing a storyline that features numerous - many, many - story elements pointing to the wrong winner.

Many of you know me as practical, common sense Bloomers who watches the statistics like a hawk. I will use hyperbole to make a point, but I am not typically given to dramatics, and certainly not melodramatics. However, as I sit here, my heart hurts for the Chris fans and the wonderful analysts on this thread.
    The English major from so long ago rails against the injustice that has been done, especially the effect it has had on you in this thread.

I wonder if Fleiss and Co. - in an attempt to shut down RS - decided even more so than usual to elaborate on Chris's edit at the total expense of Roberto's edit.
    You are totally correct in that we did not learn much about Roberto, but you can bet that Ali did in all of those hours of discussion we did not hear.

I want you to know how impressed I have been with all of the analysis on this thread. Even though I felt sure at times (especially prior to the Fantasy Dates when they "mixed up the edits") that you were barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, nevertheless, I was still in awe of the marvelous presentations that I read.

Props to all of you.
    My heart hurts for Chris, but it seems he's doing OK.
    That said, the edit this season was a mess. Oh well.
    I really hope Chris doesn't accept the B offer.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4019750;
    Why is everyone so sure Chris' "God I love you" was dubbed in? I watched it several times, but don't know exactly what I'm looking for to indicate splicing or dubbing. It sounds real to me. Why does everyone think it wasn't? And if they spliced in his whisper, did they also splice her laugh in response?

And from his PI right afterward, he confesses that he finally told her that day, so even if it WAS dubbed, it stilll must've occurred on that date. Which does make it hard to understand why Ali and her family thinks that Chris has NOT said it yet, next episode.

I had originally thought Ali laughed to downplay the intensity of the moment, but perhaps she was laughing anyway and didn't even hear him say it at all. Imagine getting rejected and then 2 months later when the show airs, finding out that the girl you said I love you to had never even heard you...
    I'll try to help you ...When you watch that part (FSD scene)...you will notice that his lips are not moving as to say those words. It was edited in there...not that he never said it, just not at that time. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4019776;

Props to all of you.
    I'm not one of the analysts, but I am a Chris fan, so I want to say thank you for this. It's nice to know not everyone thinks we're idiots for falling in love with the story we were shown.

The thing that makes me mad is that they didn't show us more of the Roberto and Ali love story, as you have stated.

I think I finally learned my lesson this season and will wait until I know the ending to tune in from now on. That way I don't let Fleiss' editors break my heart. It is going to be really hard to watch Chris and Ali's love story end after so much of a build up ... but I hope in real life Chris finds love and Ali and Roberto are happy

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4019804;
    Bloomers, ITA! It was so fun to read all the analyses anyway, regardless of the outcome. I have to say this season has been my favorite!!
    ITA this season was awesome to analyze! Alanna your humorous posts made it even better!!