Page 382 of 387 FirstFirst ... 282332372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

FORT Fanatic

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;4017828;
    So we have Plan A - a real love story, the private characters, and Plan B - just a TV show, the public characters. Which plan will be used this season? If it is Plan B I will feel cheated once again.
    I think you nailed the Fleiss Ethic right here. There is often a "showmance" and, hopefully, a "romance"... SOMETHING has to happen in the season regardless... even if it is just the former.

Any of these things are possible:

1.) There is just a showmance, but no romance... but the show is completed on schedule and the actor and actress can part ways after they have played their parts long enough post-show (i.e London Calling season with "monkey")
    2.) A showmance evolves into a romance... this makes the producers happy
    3.) A showmance helps hide a too-obvious romance... this makes the producers VERY happy.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I love the fact that at least twice this season Frank has been shown voicing his insecurities while Ali is spending time with Chris. Once during epi 3 when Chris is talking to Ali on the bench and once in the blue lagoon. I also love that Chris wrote Frank's name on the card in epi 1 and then tells Ali to keep slapping (or something to that effect) Frank in epi 3. Such foreshadowing!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4017650;
    I have had Frank tucked in this little corner of my mind, that his purpose was to protect Chris' spot in Ali's heart. I need to go back and analyze this some more... but I love it♥
    Chris called him Frank the Tank... and Frank loved it. As long as Ali wasn't around, these two got along great. The only criticism he had of Frank was stated in episode #1 (and thanks, sunshine08, for reminding me) claiming that Ali would prefer a more low-key guy and writing Frank's name... not because he wasn't here for the right reasons, but because he didn't think he and Ali were a "perfect match". By the same token, he admitted that Frank had the edge by getting the first 1 on 1 date. My take is that Chris viewed Frank's relationship with Ali pretty objectively: that it was strong and probably intense, but not necessarily long-lasting.

In Lisbon, it was interesting that Chris commented on both Roberto and Kirk:

"I'd like to be on the one on one today. I would rather be Ali's King than Roberto. I'm gonna be King of the Castle."

"The date tomorrow is 'Once upon a time' and it goes to Kirk. He's not the right guy. I'll take my date the day of the rose ceremony. My smiling face and funny demeanor will be on her mind the day of the rose ceremony, so that's just as good."
    (later to Kirk, joking with him) "Well, Cinderella, we need to get you ready for the ball."

What is funny about his comment on Kirk is that BOTH guys are weary of "fairy tales". Kirk was the one who belted out: "Once upon a time? That's not even a complete sentence!" Earlier, Chris scoffed Kasey's unicorns. (Then again, we also have his preview "fairy tale" quote... is this some sort of "re-awakening"?)
    Last edited by Jack Benny Fan; 08-01-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4017650;
    all roads lead to love...

JBF wow! I love the family portrait in the oval window. So many parallels with Kirk and Chris... to see them written down is amazing. And the Frank and Roberto parallels astounded me. I have had Frank tucked in this little corner of my mind, that his purpose was to protect Chris' spot in Ali's heart. I need to go back and analyze this some more... but I love it♥
    Wow is correct!! JBF has outdone herself once again!! I tell you what,
    if I was looking to hire a couple of editing geniuses it would be the two of
    you!! For creative genius ~ I'd hire Imsotired!! Well done to all of you
    this season!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;4018076;
    Wow is correct!! JBF has outdone herself once again!! I tell you what,
    if I was looking to hire a couple of editing geniuses it would be the two of
    you!! For creative genius ~ I'd hire Imsotired!! Well done to all of you
    this season!!
    Sorry to bust a bubble, but Bloomers is my trusted genius here
    No offense to others....

OOps - sorry
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by KK4;4018417;
    Sorry to bust a bubble, but Bloomers is my trusted genius here
    No offense to others....
    But ........... there IS a difference - BLOOMERS looks at the edit that we see - where as others are projecting the edit ahead of time......

Great imaginations tho
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3998429;
    Yes Mr Roberto put a ring on it night 1. All the others were a last taste from the former life before going into the good life. As she said he is sexy.
    Sexy doesn't make a relationship. Look at Jillian and Ed, Jake and Vienna, both kaput already.....

I sure hope she is single. this show does not create a lasting relationship, with the exception of Trista and Ryan. Molly and Jason have yet to prove how long their marriage will last.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;4001193;
    Nice.

The account Chris gave of his insubordination while at his friends house for dinner.... the part where he was bragging about his refusal to wear a tie and the producer finally said, "Let him!" explains his sappy edit. The rainbows and unicorns and "Love is the only reality!" b.s. I'm sure he thought he was outsmarting them, but they have the last laugh.

He is about as romantic as Vince Vaughn. He is boring and trite. There is some talk going around that Ali wanted to dump him earlier, but tptb made her keep him. Do you think it could be so that he would be humiliated as he proposed only to be denied?
    UH NO!!! and a BIG NO at that.

FORT Regular

I have a question, and I hope I'm posting it in the right thread. On the video at ABC.com called "Ali Final Sneak", at around :57, Ali says "I'm realizing that Chris could really be the one for me". I doesn't sound spliced to me (not that I'm an expert!), and I don't recall hearing her say it in any of the episodes. So my question to you all is, when did she say it? Was it in an episode and I missed it?Maybe the last episode during the FD? Hey, there's an excuse for me to watch it AGAIN!