Page 381 of 387 FirstFirst ... 281331371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387 LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4015396;
    I think most of agree that wasn't the first time he said it, and that he did not say that at that moment, but possibly at a different moment, but that's where it was spliced in...
    Well, he said something, because he did that head dip thing that he does when he makes some proclamation of caring to Ali.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;4017166;
    JBF-I snipped your post for brevity. Thanks for taking the time to write it, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.
    Neither do I, but it was fun typing it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4017237;
    Neither do I, but it was fun typing it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;4017173;
    Well, he said something, because he did that head dip thing that he does when he makes some proclamation of caring to Ali.
    Oh I think he absolutely said it when they showed it. He said it in between kisses and got really shy right afterward, that is why his head dipped down to her shoulder and she hugged him a little tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4017132;
    These posts prompted me to laugh and re-analyze how the F1s, F2s, F3s, etc. were presented this season. It seams like we have different kinds. With the Bachelorette show, we can't "rate" anybody by the week they leave the show.

Do you feel a sense of déjà vu?

The "Public" Final 2 (regardless of their actual positions on the show)... Are we the only ones dancing in the streets? I don't care.

1.) One set of spoilers say Ali picked nobody because Frank broke her heart. One set of spoilers say she's engaged to Roberto
    2.) Frank keeps saying he's "first" in the early episodes. Roberto gets first impression rose.
    3.) Most of the competing guys acknowledge the strong Frank/Ali connection, although "see through" lawyer Craig R insists he isn't the only one Ali's interested in. Most of the competing guys acknowledge the Roberto/Ali connection, but sarcastically dub him Rico Suave.
    4.) A heavy physical connection is stronger in some ways with these two than the others. Ali comments on the many "lovers" who passed their way in Istanbul and she and Frank were "adding to the history". She tells the other: "Roberto! You are smoking hot!". Also, both get the word "romance" slapped on them before anyone else.
    5.) Frank get his first kiss high on the hillside under the Hollywood sign, overlooking LA. Roberto gets his first kiss high on a tightrope, overlooking LA
    6.) Frank is part of a spectator frenzy in downtown Hollywood with Ali. Roberto performs on the Broadway stage with Ali, being broadcast for the other guys to see.
    7.) Frank gets photographed in Hollywood and Chicago and Roberto gets photographed in Lisbon
    8.) Ali wears more yellow outfits with these two guys than the others. (Not sure if she does with Kirk, Chris and Ty... mostly white, blue and beige with them. Oh! I take that back... she has yellow on when she's with BOTH Frank and Ty in Lisbon.)
    9.) Key episode 5 (Iceland) quotes: (F) "I want to see us fall in love. I want to be the last guy here." / (R) "...hopefully she will give me a rose and I can continue to traveling the world with her and hopefully I end up with the last rose." (Alas... Frank doesn't get what he wants. Will Roberto?)
    10.) It's sabotage, I tell ya!!!! Frank and Ali's car break down on the LA freeway and, according to the blogs, the electricity went out in Roberto's suite and the heat was stifling.
    11.) Later, Ali states that she originally planned to take Frank to see her parents, even if she wasn't sure he was The One. Roberto just may, it can be argued, have made the final 2 on account of this.
    12.) Since Justin planned to make final 3, I guess he could be the default "public F3"
    13.) Frank and Roberto are kinda like Felix and Oscar. One is type A, the other Type B... having to calm down Frankie's "shadow" Jonathan the Weatherman. (Those high pressure systems.)
    14.) Rainbow flares: Even though Ali hardly knew Chris in episode #2, one line from Frank echoes Chris' episode #1 introduction speech (partly with different words): "I feel like career will always be there and I feel like we can always jump back into that. I feel like you have only so many shots at finding love". Just as he says it, Ali gets her first rainbow flare-in-the-face. Poor Roberto gets his in Lisbon while kissing on the trolley car.
    15.) Speaking percentages: (F) "I prepared myself for the worst and it was about 100 times worse than that." / (R) "I can't propose to a woman who, no matter how I feel, doesn't feel 100% about me."

The "Private" Final 2 (regardless of their actual positions on the show)... on our own private secluded island

1.) As the men enter their limos in episode #1, four guys (including Frank "doing whatever it takes") discuss the Big Competition ahead. In contrast (after commercial break), Kirk says "I'm extremely happy things did not work out for Ali and Jake. I wouldn't be here if it was anybody else.", followed immediately by Chris telling the others that she was his favorite and in PI: "She was the only one I wanted and she was crying in the hallway, she looked like she needed a hug and Jake, like, didn't do anything and I was, like, you moron."
    2.) Not to be outdone... Ty, the "private" Final 3 man-in-waiting (as backup for Kirk and Chris if they fail Ali), also thanks Jake for "screwing up". At least Ty gets certain Third Man perks this season, like a Turkish bath. Too bad Ali's hands were all over Kirk and Chris' photos the night she dumped Ty. Even during his very rainy limo ride, clips of both intrude on his speech... as if he thought they were his only competition!
    3.) Kirk brings in a family scrapbook on day #1. Lots of family photos in Cape Cod. In the finale (preview), Chris is seen with Ali's family through an oval window, framing them like a "picture".
    4.) Both feel youthful with her: Kirk finds he can "bring his inner child out" with Ali and Chris feels "like twelve"
    5.) "Ali makes me want to be, like, right next to her, cuddled up, arm around her constantly. I like being with her, I want to keep being with her. I don't want to leave her side. I just... It feels good to be with Ali." / " I just want to run around circles when she's around."
    6.) Ali uses the word "emotion" more frequently with these two... even while listening to the music on their 1 on 1 dates (Joshua Radin in NYC and Lisbon "sensuale" ballad)
    7.) "Kirk has all of the qualities I'm looking for in a husband" / "Chris would make an amazing husband"
    8.) In music video shoot, Ali plays intimate wife in the bed kissing Kirk. Ali plays intimate wife shaving Chris in bathroom.
    9.) Frank crashes Kirk and Ali's alone time in the hot-tub, post music video. Frank wants to crash Chris and Ali's alone time in Blue Lagoon, but can't... "the steam is rising..."
    10.) Kirk puts Ali to bed when she's sick in NYC. Chris revives her the following day... while she's in bed
    11.) Both have "stories" (near-death experience with Kirk), but are reluctant to discuss in detail with her at first. Both use the key word "vulnerable" in PIs just before they reveal these.
    12.) Kirk says his experience "doesn't define me. It just prioritize what's important. I know that it is the people in my life and the relationships I make that are most important to me." (Later he reminds her that he "deserves happiness".) Chris is almost there... just not quite. Sarah hopes that "Maybe one chapter of his life can close and another begin."
    13.) Before his illness, Kirk was an athletic runner. After this show, Chris will be running in a race.
    14.) Frank hadn't brought a girl home in three years on account of his tragedy. Chris hadn't since his mother's death.
    15.) Kirk tells Ali he's "in a good place" during the Lisbon carriage ride. Ali tells Chris she's "in a good place" on the boat in Tahiti
    16.) Yellow band on Kirk's wrist. Chris' Dennis bracelet on her wrist.
    17.) Rainbow flares by the castle in Lisbon distract Ali from focusing on Kirk, but he says ""I want to let Ali know that I care, that I'm here for her, I'm thinking about her and that she's important to me". The rainbow flare appears to help her find Chris in a nighttime Tahiti.
    18.) Speaking percentages: (F) "She's trying to be here 100% but I feel like her mind is wandering." (C) "Yes, I love this girl 100% and I don't know how to verbalize it."
    19.) The split between F2 and F1 is cracking fast in Lisbon: "I'm trying to enjoy my date with Kirk today, but there's so much on my mind and I don't know what's wrong."
    20.) On the plus side, when "private F3" Ty got dumped, it was pouring rain. When Kirk got dumped, Ali created her own waterfall... starting before she left Chris Harrison's sit-down. It's pretty obvious they would have "gone far" in Tahiti.

Poor Kirkie never saw it coming, despite Frankie's warnings:

episode #3:
    Frank (trying to see Chris and Ali from a distance): Is she on top of him? What's going on!
    Kirk (dressed in his funny green shirt): They're very close. They are whispering. Why are we watching this?
    Frank: I don't know!
    Kirk (laughing): Hey!! Let's...let's get into our heads even more!
    all roads lead to love...

JBF wow! I love the family portrait in the oval window. So many parallels with Kirk and Chris... to see them written down is amazing. And the Frank and Roberto parallels astounded me. I have had Frank tucked in this little corner of my mind, that his purpose was to protect Chris' spot in Ali's heart. I need to go back and analyze this some more... but I love it♥

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4017132;
    These posts prompted me to laugh and re-analyze how the F1s, F2s, F3s, etc. were presented this season. It seams like we have different kinds. With the Bachelorette show, we can't "rate" anybody by the week they leave the show.
    Thanks JBF for laying it all out there. My daughters no longer watch the show after the Jason/Melissa/Molly season, they are convinced it is all just a script. However, as you have so beautifully shown, I think there are two stories going on at the same time, and the public story is there just in case the private story does not pan out. Frank is a "screen writer" - give me a break. He was casts to carry the show and give Ali someone to lean on in the early episodes - he got the first date and was always there when something needed to be explained. The State Farm connection with Roberto is very interesting. We would not think an insurance agent would be there to further his career, but have you seen the latest State Farm commercial with the helpless girls and the good-looking agents?

Ali does not have any trouble crying, but there also is a difference in how she cries. The crying with Jake and Frank is overdone, where her tears in NYC with Chris (which we didn't get to see - too much too fast), when she let Kirk go, and in the last episode will be subtle and real.

So we have Plan A - a real love story, the private characters, and Plan B - just a TV show, the public characters. Which plan will be used this season? If it is Plan B I will feel cheated once again.

FORT Regular

One last thing about the edit -

IMO Chris was anything but slow. He put himself out there from night one. Ali had Frank and Roberto shoved in her face and she was the one that moved slower towards Chris, not the other way around. And the moped metaphor - watch closely, it is Chris that starts the thing up when Ali takes over and they speed off.

I hope this is the right thread.....

I just watched cupcakes "Find You" video....AGAIN....(you are very talented cupcakes) and it ends with Ali and Roberto having their picnic in Portugal. She specifially ends it with Roberto telling Ali "Don't forget about me....don't forget about this.....please......cause I won't."

That has always haunted me. Why would he say that to her? It almost sounds like someone who knows they are having "An Affair to Remember" as if they know they will go their own separate ways at the end......

Thoughts?

(Cupcakes I hope you didn't end your video with that as a forshadowing......)

I want to also add that their chemestry just pops off the screen in CC videos. If they don' end up together someone in hollywood should give them their own scripted show as a couple because to me they have "IT."
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;4017921;
    I hope this is the right thread.....

I just watched cupcakes "Find You" video....AGAIN....(you are very talented cupcakes) and it ends with Ali and Roberto having their picnic in Portugal. She specifially ends it with Roberto telling Ali "Don't forget about me....don't forget about this.....please......cause I won't."

That has always haunted me. Why would he say that to her? It almost sounds like someone who knows they are having "An Affair to Remember" as if they know they will go their own separate ways at the end......

Thoughts?

(Cupcakes I hope you didn't end your video with that as a forshadowing......)

I want to also add that their chemestry just pops off the screen in CC videos. If they don' end up together someone in hollywood should give them their own scripted show as a couple because to me they have "IT."
    that was said on their first date on the top of the roof, not in portugal...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101;4017923;
    that was said on their first date on the top of the roof, not in portugal...

Oh so that was creative editing on cc part? gotcha
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods