Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #3761
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby-licious;4012360;
    I just re-watched what's coming up at the finale in the MTP. Ali's father puts it out there to both men asking them if they can really be in love with his daughter in just two months. The sc stops before either can answer, but RM looks like he didn't have an appropriate answer. So could this possibly make RM question whether he should ask Ali to be his wife because he feels he cannot ask without her father's permissiion? Just a thought, imo.

    However, CL looks to me like he is going to tell her father that the minute he laid eyes on his daughter he knew there was something special and it has grown from there and "Yes", he is in love with his daughter and wants to marry her. He explains his parents' story to him to sell his argument. At that point, imo, Ali's dad gives him his permission to ask her to marry him.

    I don't know how it ends. Either guy would be fine with me, although, I really believe it would work irl with CL.
    I'm here too. For whatever reason, I completely believe Chris that Ali is his perfect girl and watching him reassure her on being able to move for her and working anywhere to take care of her, I really believe they have a change to make a go of it.

    Having Chris as the next Bach would be really profitable for TPTB but there's no guarantee he'll accept. Having another Trista/Ryan right after 2 break-ups, especially when all clues points to something else happening, is a guaranteed ratings bonanza and media circus. If my prediction is right and Chris/Ali are together, people are going to be more obsessed with them than any other couple in the show's history. I'd be nervous for all the love they're going to get.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  2. #3762
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4012305;
    Do you guys remember Ali’s interview with Ellen at the beginning of the season when Ellen said that Roberto was cute? Ali replied “yeah he’s a cutie” and then she proceeded to “mistakably” point out Chris and said he was cute too.
    All eyes have been on Rob since day one. Chris’s story was heartfelt but, to me she’s had this automatic chemistry with Rob. It was quick, no doubt. She was attracted and liked Chris L, but she was frustrated that more wasn’t happening as quickly.
    Now, putting into perspective what has been shown in the past 3 weeks, HTD, FD & Ali’s thoughts after the MTA, Chris is caught up emotionally with Ali. They’ve made a strong connection as have Rob and Ali.
    Going back to the Ellen interview, I wonder how Rob would have felt, if indeed he is the F1, seeing what Ali did? Ali goes back and forth putting both these guys on an equal pedestal.
    I don’t know how many times I have heard Ali’s thoughts over and over again after the MTA and I can’t possibly imagine that she would chose Rob over Chris after having said what she did. She may have used some of those coined phrases with Robto in the past (although I’ve never heard her refer to Rob as “we’re a couple” & “excited about us”) but the point is, why use ALL of the token phrases for someone who is not the F1? Hasn’t happened before. I’ve never heard a bach/ette refer to being excited about the future with someone who they don’t pick.

    If she chose Roberto, that’s going to be a first for me, that’s fo sho! It makes more sense to me that she would chose no one.

    Back at the LK date in NY she referred to her and Roberto as a couple performing on Broadway. And, if you listen closely, the "us" sounds spliced, brief pause and change in voice level and intonation. Also, on her FD with Roberto, she had several VO's and PI's looking forward to a future with Roberto.

  3. #3763
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4012374;
    I'm here too. For whatever reason, I completely believe Chris that Ali is his perfect girl and watching him reassure her on being able to move for her and working anywhere to take care of her, I really believe they have a change to make a go of it.

    Having Chris as the next Bach would be really profitable for TPTB but there's no guarantee he'll accept. Having another Trista/Ryan right after 2 break-ups, especially when all clues points to something else happening, is a guaranteed ratings bonanza and media circus. If my prediction is right and Chris/Ali are together, people are going to be more obsessed with them than any other couple in the show's history. I'd be nervous for all the love they're going to get.
    I agree... and hope that happens. That would be a phenomenal ending. All the spoilers say RM or single. RS said RM or no one, but he's leaning on the single theory. So if ALi chooses RM, RS won't be wrong because he said RM or no one. The only way RS and other spoilers could be wrong is if ALi picks CL. That folks would be a surprise ending!

  4. #3764
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Editing Analysis

    The Great Tease... watch it before abc.com deletes it...

    Always fun to dust off the antiques. This episode #1 montage is the very FIRST seasonal preview and includes clips from the premiere.
    This was before all of the spoilers, apart from the final 2 revelation.

    Week 1, part 1 (abc.com), starting at 5:08, just after Ali's "I'd better have waterproof mascara that day" comment.

    Put all Roberto and Chris scenes in BOLD.

    Chris Harrison (voice-over): And tonight... America's eligible bachelors (Chris out of limo... fooling viewers he may still be) are here to meet Ali (Frank leaping from top of limo)
    Ali (v): I am so shocked at how many great guys are here (shots of her meeting the mansion group... cheers with wine)
    Frank to Ali: You're not laughing, I will do it. My reservoir of energy...
    One of the "forgettables" commenting: I don't know about this kid
    Ali to "Shooter": You are a brave man for telling me that story!
    CH (v): And it's a party (Roberto salsa dancing with her) like you have never seen before (Hunter strumming away)
    Justin to Ali: I'm kinda known as Rated-R
    Craig R. to Justin conversation about "promoting yourself"
    Craig R to Ali: I just want you to be careful
    Ali (v): I'm afraid (Kirk) that I'm gonna keep someone around who will break my heart ("guard your heart" Kasey) in the end
    CH to the guys: Gentleman... start of the balloting for "guy not here for the right reason" (Justin grinning)
    Frank (v): Somebody's going home tonight because of this (shot of Chris L. writing Frank's name... this is a "false" image since Chris did not leave)
    CH (v): And then... (clips of beach group date for calender)
    Jesse (v): You get a bunch of guys in one place, something's gonna happen
    Footage of the Hair Gel Craig versus Jonathan battle pre-RC and Jonathan tattletelling to Ali, with a bit of Jesse footage thrown in
    Very brief flash of Chris growling (probably in fun, but clip is incorporated in all of the masculine tit-for-tat footage)
    ? (v): He was potentially going to do something big. (Clip of police car/ambulance "lifted" from another season? and Frank holding Ali)
    Ali (v, initially with her looking out darken hotel room): I came here to find a husband (Turkey aerial) and you're *bleep* with that!
    Ty (v): Karma is a bitch (olive oil wrestle)...
    Ali to unseen Justin: I gave up my job, I gave up my apartment, I gave up everything to be here
    Ty (v): ... and it come back and get you
    Ali (on phone): Are you serious!
    Ali (v, with the chase after unseen Justin): It's unspeakable what you've done. (Justin: chill out) You seriously gonna go out like this. Is this how you want to be perceived?
    Ali (v, as she walks away in dark): I can't put my heart out there again to be broken.
    Frank (v): (aerial of Iceland date on volcano) We are going around the world to fall in love with Ali (Ali on horse, Ali with Kasey in helicopter)
    Kirk (v): I am (shot of Turkey dinner setting where Frank had his 1 on 1) absolutely certain (clips of carriage taking Kirk and Ali in Lisbon, Roberto/Ali in Lisbon dancing, Ali) I can make Ali a happy woman (Frank in Istanbul with pigeons) for the rest of her life (missing scene, to make room for Jake/Vienna, of the Renaissance date with unseen Ty and Frank)
    Frank (v): I know (Kirk and Ali feeding geese in Iceland) this is the girl (Ali with Roberto in Lisbon) to spend my life with (Ali on tightrope in LA)
    Chris (v): I'm in love with Ali. (Ali dancing by herself in front of Joshua Radin)
    Ali (v): I know... (holding Kirk in sweaters, Iceland) it's gonna be hard (LA skyline date, followed by sunset clip with unseen Roberto in Lisbon) but you have to go through the fire to get to (Blue Lagoon with unseen Chris) the happily-ever-after (Chris and Ali kissing in New York).

    My "take": Either this is the Truth with some trickery at the beginning...

    or it is one Big Lie. If it is the latter, than this video would be easier to watch online, apart from being "stuck" in episode #1's show.


    Interesting stuff many of us probably overlooked the first time when watching the full episode:

    I already mentioned in previous posts of the strategic placement of seagulls and seagull sounds in the two key scenes of Ali and somebody else

    Justin's Grandma tells him that beautiful women are trouble... sure enough, they "sniff him out" later

    Before Jonathan, Ty and Chris' introductions, we are introduced to an early reject, Phil from Chicago, who just lost his brother and has to "prioritize" his life (like Kirk and Chris). Also shows him training for a triathlon.

    The music in Chris' introduction is interesting... it starts out very "sad" in tone, until just before the "love is the only reality" line... it then gets "upbeat".

    Although Chris delivers the classic "she's the only one I wanted" line, Ty and Kirk are equally dedicated to Ali (Kirk: "I wouldn't be here if it was anybody else")... it isn't a competition to them (unlike John C, Justin, Frank and others who are more gung-ho for the competition)

    Although all three Chrises that first night are seen entering the mansion after meeting Ali (with Orlando Chris only seen going in, not coming through the door), it is Chris L. who has the longest limo entrance with a surprising amount of footage of him entering the mansion almost backwards, constantly talking to Ali. Later (after Frank enters and sits down) he is seen again telling the others: I'm so excited to get that out of the way. For three days, I've been, like, talking to a wall. 'Hi Ali, good to meet you.'

    In contrast, Craig R, Justin, Frank and Roberto make very quick entrances through the door after greeting Ali (and don't look back), although Ali turns around to look at Roberto and comments "He's cute".

    Sadly, Kasey, Kirk and Ty are "jumped-cut" after their meeting with Ali, with the next guy arriving. No mansion entrance shots here.
    Last edited by Jack Benny Fan; 07-29-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: missed something

  5. #3765
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    622

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4012305;
    Do you guys remember Ali’s interview with Ellen at the beginning of the season when Ellen said that Roberto was cute? Ali replied “yeah he’s a cutie” and then she proceeded to “mistakably” point out Chris and said he was cute too.
    All eyes have been on Rob since day one. Chris’s story was heartfelt but, to me she’s had this automatic chemistry with Rob. It was quick, no doubt. She was attracted and liked Chris L, but she was frustrated that more wasn’t happening as quickly.
    Now, putting into perspective what has been shown in the past 3 weeks, HTD, FD & Ali’s thoughts after the MTA, Chris is caught up emotionally with Ali. They’ve made a strong connection as have Rob and Ali.
    Going back to the Ellen interview, I wonder how Rob would have felt, if indeed he is the F1, seeing what Ali did? Ali goes back and forth putting both these guys on an equal pedestal.
    I don’t know how many times I have heard Ali’s thoughts over and over again after the MTA and I can’t possibly imagine that she would chose Rob over Chris after having said what she did. She may have used some of those coined phrases with Robto in the past (although I’ve never heard her refer to Rob as “we’re a couple” & “excited about us”) but the point is, why use ALL of the token phrases for someone who is not the F1? Hasn’t happened before. I’ve never heard a bach/ette refer to being excited about the future with someone who they don’t pick.

    If she chose Roberto, that’s going to be a first for me, that’s fo sho! It makes more sense to me that she would chose no one.

    Funny I saw the interview differently the first thing that caught my attention is when Ellen mention Roberto she lick her lips and say he is a cutie. I think she point out Chris to take the heat off Roberto maybe because she know how shy he is and might be uncomfortable with the media attention.

  6. #3766
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    JBF although as you know I don't put THAT much stock in editing, I loved reading your take! That video is really interesting when you break it down like that. These are my favorite parts you noted:

    Chris Harrison (voice-over): And tonight... America's eligible bachelors (Chris out of limo... fooling viewers he may still be) are here to meet Ali (Frank leaping from top of limo)
    I love this and it's true. Before we even met Chris, we were told he'd make an excellent Bach. Right away that's what CH announced. No suspense, nothing to worry about. Chris the next Bach.

    Before Jonathan, Ty and Chris' introductions, we are introduced to an early reject, Phil from Chicago, who just lost his brother and has to "prioritize" his life (like Kirk and Chris). Also shows him training for a triathlon.
    I don't remember this and it probably doesn't mean that much but since I'm just analyzing for fun; I love how it shows the two ways this could have gone for Chris on the show- Phil's way and then the real way (IMO) it's going to go.

    Ali (v): I know... (holding Kirk in sweaters, Iceland) it's gonna be hard (LA skyline date, followed by sunset clip with unseen Roberto in Lisbon) but you have to go through the fire to get to (Blue Lagoon with Chris) the happily-ever-after (Chris and Ali kissing in New York).
    We already talked about this in the SC thread but the SC and VO to go along with "happily ever after" is just mind-numbingly cute. Like you said, either this is legit and the editors have outdone themselves this year OR this is all a really, really good and detailed and elaborate lie.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  7. #3767
    FORT Fan moonchild629's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4012681;
    JBF although as you know I don't put THAT much stock in editing, I loved reading your take! That video is really interesting when you break it down like that. These are my favorite parts you noted:



    I love this and it's true. Before we even met Chris, we were told he'd make an excellent Bach. Right away that's what CH announced. No suspense, nothing to worry about. Chris the next Bach.



    I don't remember this and it probably doesn't mean that much but since I'm just analyzing for fun; I love how it shows the two ways this could have gone for Chris on the show- Phil's way and then the real way (IMO) it's going to go.



    We already talked about this in the SC thread but the SC and VO to go along with "happily ever after" is just mind-numbingly cute. Like you said, either this is legit and the editors have outdone themselves this year OR this is all a really, really good and detailed and elaborate lie.
    Alana, you did come towards the light!!!!

  8. #3768
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;4012725;
    Alana, you did come towards the light!!!!
    Oh HAHA. I've absolutely decided Chris and Ali are together, no matter how it's presented to us and what narrative/editing they decide to use.

    I'm just thinking about this logically (to me). MF is telling everyone she's with Roberto while working overtime to protect the ending. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Chris is the one I see the lovestory with anyway but it's really the media/spin campaign that's helped me draw my conclusion.

    I am well aware I may be getting Fleissed though. I'm used to it
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #3769
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4012737;
    I am well aware I may be getting Fleissed though. I'm used to it
    In addition, there's already been some "tinkering" with the abc.com preview.

    First missing item is this flash:



    Kinda curious to see what happens next...

  10. #3770
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4012750;
    In addition, there's already been some "tinkering" with the abc.com preview.

    First missing item is this flash:

    Kinda curious to see what happens next...
    LOL. Frank.

    I think viewers weren't buying Frank coming back so they axed it? I'm curious to see the next Not Chris message we're going to be getting. Ooh What's next?! So much anxiety! I'm expecting a "sighting" of Ali and Roberto in LA sometime during this weekend personally.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.