Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #3741
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,888

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by medicinegal;4011521;
    She is on screen talking about Roberto wearing her outfit from his date. It is not a VO I understand how VO work. It is not a PI from a different time in a different outfit/hair do. Go to youtube and watch all the Ali and Roberto dates and RC time together. You can write them down and compare them to Chris' montage.
    I think what she's saying is we have no way of knowing whether or not the show might ask the lead to talk about Person Y while they're on a date with Person X.

  2. #3742
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4011536;
    I think what she's saying is we have no way of knowing whether or not the show might ask the lead to talk about Person Y while they're on a date with Person X.
    Right, edit and VOs are fun to analyze but unless we literally see Ali saying "Roberto is XYZ" or "Chris is ABC" we do not know what is said about who or why. As for the splicing, for example the dreams comment has now been used for both. It was likely said about one of them anyway but because it had the "he" in there, it could have been used for the Weatherman if that's what they wanted to do.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  3. #3743
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    313

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4011536;
    I think what she's saying is we have no way of knowing whether or not the show might ask the lead to talk about Person Y while they're on a date with Person X.
    I say it is a stretch for Ali to be talking about X when on a date with Y. If she is saying Y's name and wearing same clothes meaning it is real time and a 1:1 date. I always look for the context of the statement. There are a lot of PI's that you know were filmed after the fact...we have numerous in Tahiti with several outfits/same background. To me these PI's are different than the "real time". If Ali was talking about Chris "will treat me well" and "would be a great husband" during Roberto's FD night, then I hope Roberto runs away quickly! Same thing for Chris. I am pro Roberto so I recognized these phrases. There are most likely phrases in Roberto's montage that are from another guy/another time.

    My only point is that during the MTA - the montage of the guys were spliced and diced. TPTB are building a story for next week's episode. The average viewer has no clue that Ali did not make all of those comments while sitting with Chris H describing Chris and Roberto. I have always been amazed at the sleuthers on this board and when I recognized some of the phrasing I went back and watched the dates again.

    And even though I am pro Roberto, I still believe that there is a great chance that Ali is single. She tosses the rose petals in the water and leaves Bora Bora.

  4. #3744
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    313

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4011543;
    Right, edit and VOs are fun to analyze but unless we literally see Ali saying "Roberto is XYZ" or "Chris is ABC" we do not know what is said about who or why. As for the splicing, for example the dreams comment has now been used for both. It was likely said about one of them anyway but because it had the "he" in there, it could have been used for the Weatherman if that's what they wanted to do.
    Yes, and I agree with you that edit and VO are fun to analyze. That is why I truly discount all VOs unless the person's name is said. I do take PIs looking at the camera discussing a specific person more seriously, but then again, after being in the "hot seat" for too long...anything may be said!!!

    I have a teenage son who broke is hand tonight at football practice so I have to deal with pain meds...goodnight all and you guys are a lot of fun!! It is refreshing to have a different opinions/favorites.

  5. #3745
    FORT Fogey emusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Editing Analysis

    for the sake of argument - having a lead talk about a different contestant during someone's 1-1 date is not logistically efficient. they have a set number of hours to film a specific date - it would be completely inefficient to sit and film footage about other contestants during this time since there're limited hours dedicated to the date anyways in between activities, dinner and PIs throughout the day. most times general PIs can also be done in hotel rooms outside of scheduled 1-1 date PIs being recorded. Some PIs are even recorded after the whole show filming wraps... Ali has recorded a lot of PIs this season which I would assume were to compensate for lack of PIs that feed into the storyline they were trying to build they had to go back and record new PIs...
    Team Alibeartito

  6. #3746
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4011599;
    for the sake of argument - having a lead talk about a different contestant during someone's 1-1 date is not logistically efficient. they have a set number of hours to film a specific date - it would be completely inefficient to sit and film footage about other contestants during this time since there're limited hours dedicated to the date anyways in between activities, dinner and PIs throughout the day. most times general PIs can also be done in hotel rooms outside of scheduled 1-1 date PIs being recorded. Some PIs are even recorded after the whole show filming wraps... Ali has recorded a lot of PIs this season which I would assume were to compensate for lack of PIs that feed into the storyline they were trying to build they had to go back and record new PIs...
    Would they have the guys talk about past episodes during their LCD PI's? I would think they would do it during down time waiting for the date.

  7. #3747
    FORT Fogey emusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;4011671;
    Would they have the guys talk about past episodes during their LCD PI's? I would think they would do it during down time waiting for the date.
    I would think so too!
    Team Alibeartito

  8. #3748
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Editing Analysis

    They had CL talk about olive oil wrestling in Turkey while he was in Tahiti so yes tptb would do that.

    You all make a good point about the VOs. The same can be said for the screencaps, too. Tptb have doctored those in the past. Really what can we trust as 100% accurate on this show?
    Team Channy and Shawny.

  9. #3749
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by kelad9;4010632;
    one does have to wonder why they're showing a 30 sec video on abc and have words on the guys and ali when I don't think they've done that before. Have they?

    If you have Ended on Roberto,
    Never on Chris, and Like This on Ali

    You could string them together for all 3
    Never ended like this

    If you were Ali/Roberto
    Ended like This

    Chris/Ali
    Never like this


    I guess they didn't give much away in those previews either.
    so if you count in the fact that this ending has never been done in the history of bach/ette then it's possible could still point to either Chris L or Roberto
    While I hope that's wrong, I absolutely LOVE that someone came up with a new take. Kudos!!!!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  10. #3750
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4010680;
    ///snipped original post///
    Just a slight detour here...
    The primary "oopsie" a lot of people make on the editing posts (not referring to you... just many people in general) is that they don't realize that The Bachelor and The Bachelorette shows are DIFFERENT shows from DIFFERENT galaxies... the whole "Men Are From Mars/Women Are From Venus" schtick.

    In most cases, the F1, F2 and F3 of a MALE lead are actually his emotional first, second and third picks. Sometimes his affections towards F1 and F2 are so close, he gets all confused (cf. Lorenzo and Jason).

    With the FEMALE lead, the exception being the somewhat masculine-minded Deanna, F3 is usually her emotional F2, whom she dumps ahead of time in order to cut down on her stress level in the final rose ceremony. The "show" F2 is not necessarily her "real" F2... he is just the easier one to reject later. There are lots of arguments about who Ali's "default" F3 was (I, of course, think it was Roberto... JMO), but the bottom line is that she quite likely favored BOTH Roberto and Chris OVER Frank. Yes, she was "head over heels" over Frank, but since he "scared" her, she was already being more cautious with him than the other two.
    I SO agree with this, JBF. I truly think that whoever is Ali's F2, he would have been let go at F3 to spare him and Ali the heartbreak. AND: great point on the difference between male leads and female leads in regard to the F3 placements.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.