Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #3731
    FORT fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    168

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4009853;
    Latergator wow, that is awesome multitasking at work

    Could we analyze the difference in ALi's phrasing here?

    Robto:
     Instant connection w/ rob
     Attractive, sexy, someone with integrity
     Biggest worry is that he’s too good to be true
     I would be so lucky to have Rob as my husband
     Rob is everything a girl would want, he makes me feel like I can fall and he could pick me back up and be there for me.

    Chris:
     Chris is sweet and charming
     I remember having so many butterflies
     He’d make a great husband
     I’m just smitten when I see him and I’ve never felt that before
     He’s all the things and more that I thought he was that first night
     I’m speechless talking about him, even more speechless when I’m with him
    Chris just dropped out of my dreams
     Chris could really be the one for me
     I’m so excited about us
     I could see my life with him being filled with romance and love

    I'm trying to compare this to the way past bachelorette's have expressed themselves in regards the the F2. IDK, i just feel like they're trying to make us think she’s beginning to feel more for Chris than Rob…. really trying to be objective here!
    The newest video "Will Ali Choose Roberto or Chris" has this VO as "He just dropped out of my dreams."

    Let's face it, the VO's cannot be trusted. They're spliced and diced.

  2. #3732
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Editing Analysis

    one does have to wonder why they're showing a 30 sec video on abc and have words on the guys and ali when I don't think they've done that before. Have they?

    If you have Ended on Roberto,
    Never on Chris, and Like This on Ali

    You could string them together for all 3
    Never ended like this

    If you were Ali/Roberto
    Ended like This

    Chris/Ali
    Never like this


    I guess they didn't give much away in those previews either.
    so if you count in the fact that this ending has never been done in the history of bach/ette then it's possible could still point to either Chris L or Roberto

  3. #3733
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4010319;
    This is my main show. I have watched it seems forever, and in the beginning I used to get so hurt because I always picked the F2. I began to think there must be something wrong with me!

    What I decided to do was to see if I could figure out how the editing worked, and I did pick up on a lot of the "tricks".
    When we got the new head storywriter with Matt, we had to start over again, but some things remained the same.

    Unfortunately, I think:

    1. Fleiss likes to shock viewers with the ending more than he wants to show the love story of the F1 couple. The show is based on deception.

    Besides Trista and Ryan, if you think back, there are very few seasons where there is a clear love story with the F1 couple. Even with Tessa and Andy, Andy had such a bragged about physical relationship with Bevin that it marred the relationship he had with Tessa.

    2. The edit can and will lie to you. My proverbial "hat" was absolutely off to those folks in Jillian's season who did a phenomenal job of analyzing story elements in such a way that they pointed to an F1 Reid.

    How can that happen, you ask me? It beats the living heck out of me!

    3. We have said for years that "screencaps don't lie," but in a sense they do. I point back to the screencap that we got early in the season of Chris shaving in what appeared to be a bathroom. He was attired with only a towel around his waist, and Ali was intimately kissing his back.
    We sleuthed that picture for weeks! We just knew that was a Fantasy Suite date screencap.
    However, in truth it turned out Ali barely knew Chris at that point in the process, and Chris was one of 12? guys in a music video shot with Ali.
    Yeah... we all get burned a lot with this silly show. We all feel your pain!

    #1: He is banking on us thinking that this season... and in the most "negative" way possible. If it ends the way some of us predict (phenomenally)... and with the Jake/Vienna and JED breakups cutting mid season and encouraging the masses to believe the spoilers... the ratings will be very high Monday.

    In regards to #2, Ed and Reid were neck'n'neck that season... we had both a F1 and a "temporary/replacement" F1. Alas... there is no need to dwell on it any longer. The editors could barely create a show out of what happened. They just slapped on the line "Love Don't Come Easy" and allowed the Tabloid Dirt to gush forth post-show.

    Just a slight detour here...
    The primary "oopsie" a lot of people make on the editing posts (not referring to you... just many people in general) is that they don't realize that The Bachelor and The Bachelorette shows are DIFFERENT shows from DIFFERENT galaxies... the whole "Men Are From Mars/Women Are From Venus" schtick.

    In most cases, the F1, F2 and F3 of a MALE lead are actually his emotional first, second and third picks. Sometimes his affections towards F1 and F2 are so close, he gets all confused (cf. Lorenzo and Jason).

    With the FEMALE lead, the exception being the somewhat masculine-minded Deanna, F3 is usually her emotional F2, whom she dumps ahead of time in order to cut down on her stress level in the final rose ceremony. The "show" F2 is not necessarily her "real" F2... he is just the easier one to reject later. There are lots of arguments about who Ali's "default" F3 was (I, of course, think it was Roberto... JMO), but the bottom line is that she quite likely favored BOTH Roberto and Chris OVER Frank. Yes, she was "head over heels" over Frank, but since he "scared" her, she was already being more cautious with him than the other two.

    #3... there WAS a reason that particular screencap was important... just not in THAT way. However, you are right about screencaps being lies sometimes (not always)... just like photographs (which they are). We are not seeing the subject "in motion", just "frozen" and open to interpretation.

  4. #3734
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    513

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4010319;
    This is my main show. I have watched it seems forever, and in the beginning I used to get so hurt because I always picked the F2. I began to think there must be something wrong with me!

    What I decided to do was to see if I could figure out how the editing worked, and I did pick up on a lot of the "tricks".
    When we got the new head storywriter with Matt, we had to start over again, but some things remained the same.

    Unfortunately, I think:

    1. Fleiss likes to shock viewers with the ending more than he wants to show the love story of the F1 couple. The show is based on deception.

    Besides Trista and Ryan, if you think back, there are very few seasons where there is a clear love story with the F1 couple. Even with Tessa and Andy, Andy had such a bragged about physical relationship with Bevin that it marred the relationship he had with Tessa.

    2. The edit can and will lie to you. My proverbial "hat" was absolutely off to those folks in Jillian's season who did a phenomenal job of analyzing story elements in such a way that they pointed to an F1 Reid.

    How can that happen, you ask me? It beats the living heck out of me!

    3. We have said for years that "screencaps don't lie," but in a sense they do. I point back to the screencap that we got early in the season of Chris shaving in what appeared to be a bathroom. He was attired with only a towel around his waist, and Ali was intimately kissing his back.
    We sleuthed that picture for weeks! We just knew that was a Fantasy Suite date screencap.
    However, in truth it turned out Ali barely knew Chris at that point in the process, and Chris was one of 12? guys in a music video shot with Ali.
    Although if you look on the ABC site at the bachelors' timeline, it states that Chris and Ali's first kiss took place on this date (the BNL video) - even though we did not see them kiss until the New York date.
    And speaking of the video, Chris was one of the few guys from whom Ali did not run. And has been discussed, Chris is the one who told Ali to smack Frank.

  5. #3735
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    313

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4010349;
    The newest video "Will Ali Choose Roberto or Chris" has this VO as "He just dropped out of my dreams."

    Let's face it, the VO's cannot be trusted. They're spliced and diced.
    Chris' List -

    You are right about the splice and dice. #3, #5, #8, #10 - are direct phrases that Ali said during PI's discussing Roberto during dates with Roberto while wearing clothes worn with Roberto on those dates! One from the FD episode last week when Ali says "I know he would treat me so well. He would be a great husband." She says this to the camera about Roberto while wearing the dress she wore on her FD with Roberto. Yet a week later it shows up in Chris' montage.

  6. #3736
    FORT Fogey pattycake92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by medicinegal;4011493;
    Chris' List -

    You are right about the splice and dice. #3, #5, #8, #10 - are direct phrases that Ali said during PI's discussing Roberto during dates with Roberto while wearing clothes worn with Roberto on those dates! One from the FD episode last week when Ali says "I know he would treat me so well. He would be a great husband." She says this to the camera about Roberto while wearing the dress she wore on her FD with Roberto. Yet a week later it shows up in Chris' montage.
    You can't ever be sure who the lead is talking about. Just because you saw a PI during Roberto's date doesn't mean Ali was talking about Roberto. They also have used VO from Jake's season as well.

  7. #3737
    FORT Fogey pattycake92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by kelad9;4010632;
    one does have to wonder why they're showing a 30 sec video on abc and have words on the guys and ali when I don't think they've done that before. Have they?

    If you have Ended on Roberto,
    Never on Chris, and Like This on Ali

    You could string them together for all 3
    Never ended like this

    If you were Ali/Roberto
    Ended like This

    Chris/Ali
    Never like this


    I guess they didn't give much away in those previews either.
    so if you count in the fact that this ending has never been done in the history of bach/ette then it's possible could still point to either Chris L or Roberto
    I love this! Don't know what it means but it is very interesting. They are hyping this to be so shocking. Doubt it will surpass my imagination

  8. #3738
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by medicinegal;4011493;
    Chris' List -

    You are right about the splice and dice. #3, #5, #8, #10 - are direct phrases that Ali said during PI's discussing Roberto during dates with Roberto while wearing clothes worn with Roberto on those dates! One from the FD episode last week when Ali says "I know he would treat me so well. He would be a great husband." She says this to the camera about Roberto while wearing the dress she wore on her FD with Roberto. Yet a week later it shows up in Chris' montage.
    Ali said Chris would make a good husband in Portugal too. In any case, it doesn't matter IMO. If you're not trusting the VOs for Chris, why trust them for Roberto?

    The only things we can trust are, hmmm, well, nothing. That's the nature of this show and its editing.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #3739
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4011506;
    Ali said Chris would make a good husband in Portugal too. In any case, it doesn't matter IMO. If you're not trusting the VOs for Chris, why trust them for Roberto?

    The only things we can trust are, hmmm, well, nothing. That's the nature of this show and its editing.
    We can trust in the fact that MF is laughing his A** off right now. We are doing exactly what he wants us to do. We can trust in the fact, that we will all be on FORT as much as we can for the next several days. That we will all be watching with bated breath next Monday, even those who say they won't! And we can trust that whatever happened, has ALREADY happened...except ATFR or the "final" ATFR?

  10. #3740
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    313

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;4011498;
    You can't ever be sure who the lead is talking about. Just because you saw a PI during Roberto's date doesn't mean Ali was talking about Roberto. They also have used VO from Jake's season as well.
    She is on screen talking about Roberto wearing her outfit from his date. It is not a VO I understand how VO work. It is not a PI from a different time in a different outfit/hair do. Go to youtube and watch all the Ali and Roberto dates and RC time together. You can write them down and compare them to Chris' montage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.