Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeOnIt;4009952;
    I'm new at this, and couldn't get the latergator post#3589 to incorporate into this post, so I have pasted it:

[/B]Quote:
    Roberto and Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...

-- from the moment I saw Roberto I felt an instant connection
    -- I always said I didn't think I could fall for someone at first sight, but I could have proven myself wrong here
    -- Not only is he this attractive, sexy athlete, but he is genuine with integrity and I find that so sexy and attractive
    -- One of my biggest worries about Roberto is that he's too good to be true because you know, our passion is so intense and strong. I just hope his heart's in this cause I know mine is.
    -- I would be so lucky to Roberto as my husband
    -- Roberto's everything a girl could want in a guy, he makes me feel like I could fall down and he would pick me right back up and be there for me and I think that its so important in a relationship and something I've been missing my whole life.

Quote:
    Chris and Ali, Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...
    -- Chris was just so sweet and charming the second he stepped out of the limousine. I just remember having so many butterflies
    -- There is something just very manly about Chris which I find very attractive. He has integrity, honor. He is an unbelievable man.
    -- I know he'd treat me so well and make a great husband
    -- I'm just smitten when I see him... I never felt that way with someone.
    -- But we're not really getting to that level that I feel like we really need to be as fast as I'd like.
    -- But after meeting his family- WOW- things really turned around for me. I got to see a totally different side of Chris and we took a huge step forward
    -- The walls finally came down and he's all the things... and more... that I thought he was that first night I met him.
    -- I'm speechless even talking about him and even speechless when I'm around him.
    -- Chris just dropped out of my dreams.
    -- Chris could really be the one for me.
    -- I could see my life with him being full of romance and love, I'm so excited about us.

ITA with those who believe the vo narrative about Chris is completely sliced/spliced and diced. There are a number of red flags to me: (1) I don't remember Ali ever talking about butterflies in relation to Chris or anyone else; (2) she's speechless talking about and to him???? Since when? The only times I recall her being speechles were in EPI 2 with Roberto in their alone time on the couch and in Portugal when she couldn't tell R what she was thinking about.; (3) Epi 3 - vo of Ali saying R is protective and manly; (4) Epi 4 Ali tells the hairdresser she is smitten with R; (5) vo of Ali during date w/ R in Portugal "Roberto could really be the one for me"; (6) FD w/R - vo of Ali saying a life with R would never be short of romance; (7) personal interview of Ali during FSD w/ R "I think he would treat me so well."; (8) Ali has said a number of times that R is like a fairytale and now all of a sudden C just dropped out of her dreams??; (9) in the last three statements of the narrative "Chris", "Chris", and "us" sound spliced, don't flow.

Basically, to me, the narrative about R flows and is consistent with the actual story, vo's and personal interviews that have been shown for the last 9 weeks. In contrast, the narrative about Chris has choppy sentences, her voice is all over the scale throughout the sentences, at least half of the vo's pertain to comments she made about R during the course of the show. The "speechless" comment probably has me most baffled because all I seem to see on this board is how A and C are so right for each other because they are so comfortable with each other and they have such great conversations.

JMO, I'm sure most people will disagree and that is fine.
    ITA and WELCOME

just like to add, that i think the answer is not in the vo or sc of the show but in the interviews she has been doing since the show aired. Ali has been telling us she did pick someone and she is happy, but she knows the general audience will not agree with how or even maybe who it is. If there was no drama on this show, this would not be it's 20th season, it would no longer be on the air.
    I enjoy the drama but I have always made my decision prior to the FRC by the interviews the leads give during the airing, The lead always tell you who it is, you just have to listen. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeOnIt;4009952;
    I'm new at this, and couldn't get the latergator post#3589 to incorporate into this post, so I have pasted it:

[/B]Quote:
    Roberto and Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...

-- from the moment I saw Roberto I felt an instant connection
    -- I always said I didn't think I could fall for someone at first sight, but I could have proven myself wrong here
    -- Not only is he this attractive, sexy athlete, but he is genuine with integrity and I find that so sexy and attractive
    -- One of my biggest worries about Roberto is that he's too good to be true because you know, our passion is so intense and strong. I just hope his heart's in this cause I know mine is.
    -- I would be so lucky to Roberto as my husband
    -- Roberto's everything a girl could want in a guy, he makes me feel like I could fall down and he would pick me right back up and be there for me and I think that its so important in a relationship and something I've been missing my whole life.

Quote:
    Chris and Ali, Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...
    -- Chris was just so sweet and charming the second he stepped out of the limousine. I just remember having so many butterflies
    -- There is something just very manly about Chris which I find very attractive. He has integrity, honor. He is an unbelievable man.
    -- I know he'd treat me so well and make a great husband
    -- I'm just smitten when I see him... I never felt that way with someone.
    -- But we're not really getting to that level that I feel like we really need to be as fast as I'd like.
    -- But after meeting his family- WOW- things really turned around for me. I got to see a totally different side of Chris and we took a huge step forward
    -- The walls finally came down and he's all the things... and more... that I thought he was that first night I met him.
    -- I'm speechless even talking about him and even speechless when I'm around him.
    -- Chris just dropped out of my dreams.
    -- Chris could really be the one for me.
    -- I could see my life with him being full of romance and love, I'm so excited about us.

ITA with those who believe the vo narrative about Chris is completely sliced/spliced and diced. There are a number of red flags to me: (1) I don't remember Ali ever talking about butterflies in relation to Chris or anyone else; (2) she's speechless talking about and to him???? Since when? The only times I recall her being speechles were in EPI 2 with Roberto in their alone time on the couch and in Portugal when she couldn't tell R what she was thinking about.; (3) Epi 3 - vo of Ali saying R is protective and manly; (4) Epi 4 Ali tells the hairdresser she is smitten with R; (5) vo of Ali during date w/ R in Portugal "Roberto could really be the one for me"; (6) FD w/R - vo of Ali saying a life with R would never be short of romance; (7) personal interview of Ali during FSD w/ R "I think he would treat me so well."; (8) Ali has said a number of times that R is like a fairytale and now all of a sudden C just dropped out of her dreams??; (9) in the last three statements of the narrative "Chris", "Chris", and "us" sound spliced, don't flow.

Basically, to me, the narrative about R flows and is consistent with the actual story, vo's and personal interviews that have been shown for the last 9 weeks. In contrast, the narrative about Chris has choppy sentences, her voice is all over the scale throughout the sentences, at least half of the vo's pertain to comments she made about R during the course of the show. The "speechless" comment probably has me most baffled because all I seem to see on this board is how A and C are so right for each other because they are so comfortable with each other and they have such great conversations.

JMO, I'm sure most people will disagree and that is fine.
    Thanks for much for sharing and ITA! Everything that she has said about Chris especially in that montage has been said about Roberto as well at some point in the show. I don't know what it all means except that I definately think MF was trying to get viewers to think Chris has it in the bag with that montage.

Ali has already said, Roberto could be the one for me, I know a life with him would be full of love and romance, and he'd make a great husband. She's said these things about both of these guys, imo.

By the way welcome to the board, and I love your username!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4010001;
    I agree with your breakdown actually. I just think it means that TPTB changed the edit on us from previous years. not the same, that's fo' sho'!

I've thought that Roberto was F1 almost from day 1. The edit recently (as of HTD) starting to show chris as the potential F1. BUT if the edits are different this year...we might get the love story that we were looking for from the very beginning!!

ITA, I've thought Roberto was F1 practically from day one also. However, I also believe that CL's HTD did as much to help Ali's relationship with R as it helped CL's relationship with her. Try as I might, I can't think of any reason in the world to leave Chris's dad's story about how he met his wife in the edit unless it is to help Ali realize that love at first sight is okay and can work. Heck, CL's whole family sat there talking about chemistry, connection, sometimes you just know. Later Ali and CL's dad talk more about the importance of love. She tells CH at the end of that epi that CL's dad taught her a lot about love in general and she'll always be greatful for that.

Ali's just coming off of a date where R's mom said she knows that "feeling" that A and R had when they first met. Now she's got CL's family talking about love at first sight, too. I think it works as a plus for A and R.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine08;4009819;
    Thank you for that, I needed some hope, things have been very humdrum around here this morning!! I agree Chris and Ali's relationship reminds me of Ryan... only Chris is more confident... and I'm curious as to where that confidence comes from. Is it his instincts? Is he crazy? Or is Ali giving him signals?

And thanks for the caps/quotes latergator! I have no idea what to make of anything anymore, but its definitely interesting.

If you look at the caps I'msotired posted of the infamous finale preview (in the caps only thread) it seems to practically be laying it out that Ali chooses no one.... curious as to what JBF would think of this...

Baah! I'm so confused! I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster... but I'm so addicted I can't pry myself away!
    Regarding the bolded underlined comment, I see just the opposite. IMO, Chris and Ali reminds me more of Charlie and Trista. Roberto and Ali reminds me more of Ryan and Trista. Both Ryan and Roberto are shy, but would do anything for the women they love. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeOnIt;4010036;
    ITA, I've thought Roberto was F1 practically from day one also. However, I also believe that CL's HTD did as much to help Ali's relationship with R as it helped CL's relationship with her. Try as I might, I can't think of any reason in the world to leave Chris's dad's story about how he met his wife in the edit unless it is to help Ali realize that love at first sight is okay and can work. Heck, CL's whole family sat there talking about chemistry, connection, sometimes you just know. Later Ali and CL's dad talk more about the importance of love. She tells CH at the end of that epi that CL's dad taught her a lot about love in general and she'll always be greatful for that.

Ali's just coming off of a date where R's mom said she knows that "feeling" that A and R had when they first met. Now she's got CL's family talking about love at first sight, too. I think it works as a plus for A and R.
    This just fits in with eveything she is saying now. In every interview, she says, she went with a feeling, it, whatever you want to call it, and she never wavier, that says alot to me. I believe every interaction she had with Chris and Frank was measured by this feeling, and they just did not measue to the same level that she had with Roberto. I do see a connection between she and Chris and that's okay, but it does not lessen the connection nor threaten the one she has with Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;4010051;
    Regarding the bolded underlined comment, I see just the opposite. IMO, Chris and Ali reminds me more of Charlie and Trista. Roberto and Ali reminds me more of Ryan and Trista. Both Ryan and Roberto are shy, but would do anything for the women they love. jmo
    I love this site, so fun to chat with everyone....I see Chris more like Ryan rather than Charlie. He is the all around good guy, great looking - (and doesn't realize it), down to earth, simple, hometown guy....granted, you can point those qualities to Roberto as well, I just think Chris' story and demeanor on the show was more like Ryan...and being the "underdog" as well....

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4009781;
    Ok folks, I should be working, and I'm ashamed I'm not, but... I don't think I'm the only one that is in that boat . Lets get back to edit here. Following the latest previews and conversation with some pretty good people on here, I thought I needed to get my analytical side out and try to figure things out based on what is being said and what we are being shown.

I am starting with the initial promotion for the bachelor. Not sure if it's still available on ABC... I have it downloaded on my machine, so I get to watch it over and over. I began to write down the voice overs and what pictures they pointed to as they were being said. I tried not to pay any attention to who was saying it, but rather just look at the scene. I believe after doing this, the whole story was told to us in that initial extended preview.

Two things stood out enough that I wanted to bring them here. I still say that the scene with Chris at the tree is pivotal... but anyway, here goes.

Ali says "Tahiti is the perfect place to fall in love"

Now that picture was identified by Mr. Write as the same tree that Chris is leaning against. And then this voice over from Ali is very telling I believe with the pictures that it was placed over. Here are the caps along with the vo she said...

Ali "I can say

wholeheartedly

that I am falling in love with him.

I really can."

this then fades into one of the few voice overs from Chris on this preview... starting with the kiss that Ali just ended with...

Chris "There's no way I can

propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me."

Maybe I'm crazy or just grasping at straws, but... I will try later to grab the vo and the scene cap and see what I can see???

Now I need to get off this and get to work
    I love this, latergator!

If it's true and they laid it out, they're probably all sitting back and laughing at all the analysis going on here: from SCs to PIs to VOs, etc. BUT, the downside is they won't do it again next season.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;4010030;
    ITA and WELCOME

just like to add, that i think the answer is not in the vo or sc of the show but in the interviews she has been doing since the show aired. Ali has been telling us she did pick someone and she is happy, but she knows the general audience will not agree with how or even maybe who it is. If there was no drama on this show, this would not be it's 20th season, it would no longer be on the air.
    I enjoy the drama but I have always made my decision prior to the FRC by the interviews the leads give during the airing, The lead always tell you who it is, you just have to listen. JMHO

You are so right. That's the key word. That's exactly what I'm doing. If she picked Chris and saying all these things about Roberto, I would feel really bad for Chris.

ITA MyTakeOnIt!! that's exactly what I thought too

it's actually reallyy appalling to me how they couldn't muster other stuff to add to that montage about CL other than all this RM stuff! the girl really was smitten at first sight! wow

Quote Originally Posted by RGGIRL;4010078;
    I love this site, so fun to chat with everyone....I see Chris more like Ryan rather than Charlie. He is the all around good guy, great looking - (and doesn't realize it), down to earth, simple, hometown guy....granted, you can point those qualities to Roberto as well, I just think Chris' story and demeanor on the show was more like Ryan...and being the "underdog" as well....

regarding the sweet vs. hot choice -- someone - i think lifetime.com asked this question in an interview 'did she question herself about picking the hot guy over the sweet one?' and Ali said -- she's actually really surprised that people think this way...Roberto is definitely more sweet shy and Chris is more funny ...both are sweet and HOTT but Roberto is definitely the guy who's sweet/shy... so I think Ali agrees with 2observe's assessment
    Last edited by emusha; 07-28-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4010261;
    If they usually make the F1 worse than the F2, (I guess you are meaning on dates) then why would there be any guestion each year who the F1
    really is. Going on this assumption it would be the one that. they make look the worse
    This is my main show. I have watched it seems forever, and in the beginning I used to get so hurt because I always picked the F2. I began to think there must be something wrong with me!

What I decided to do was to see if I could figure out how the editing worked, and I did pick up on a lot of the "tricks".
    When we got the new head storywriter with Matt, we had to start over again, but some things remained the same.

Unfortunately, I think:

1. Fleiss likes to shock viewers with the ending more than he wants to show the love story of the F1 couple. The show is based on deception.

Besides Trista and Ryan, if you think back, there are very few seasons where there is a clear love story with the F1 couple. Even with Tessa and Andy, Andy had such a bragged about physical relationship with Bevin that it marred the relationship he had with Tessa.

2. The edit can and will lie to you. My proverbial "hat" was absolutely off to those folks in Jillian's season who did a phenomenal job of analyzing story elements in such a way that they pointed to an F1 Reid.

How can that happen, you ask me? It beats the living heck out of me!

3. We have said for years that "screencaps don't lie," but in a sense they do. I point back to the screencap that we got early in the season of Chris shaving in what appeared to be a bathroom. He was attired with only a towel around his waist, and Ali was intimately kissing his back.
    We sleuthed that picture for weeks! We just knew that was a Fantasy Suite date screencap.
    However, in truth it turned out Ali barely knew Chris at that point in the process, and Chris was one of 12? guys in a music video shot with Ali.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.