Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Latergator wow, that is awesome multitasking at work

Could we analyze the difference in ALi's phrasing here?

Robto:
     Instant connection w/ rob
     Attractive, sexy, someone with integrity
     Biggest worry is that he’s too good to be true
     I would be so lucky to have Rob as my husband
     Rob is everything a girl would want, he makes me feel like I can fall and he could pick me back up and be there for me.

Chris:
     Chris is sweet and charming
     I remember having so many butterflies
     He’d make a great husband
     I’m just smitten when I see him and I’ve never felt that before
     He’s all the things and more that I thought he was that first night
     I’m speechless talking about him, even more speechless when I’m with him
     Chris just dropped out of my dreams
     Chris could really be the one for me
     I’m so excited about us
     I could see my life with him being filled with romance and love

I'm trying to compare this to the way past bachelorette's have expressed themselves in regards the the F2. IDK, i just feel like they're trying to make us think she’s beginning to feel more for Chris than Rob…. really trying to be objective here!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;4009853;

[snip]

I'm trying to compare this to the way past bachelorette's have expressed themselves in regards the the F2. IDK, i just feel like they're trying to make us think she’s beginning to feel more for Chris than Rob…. really trying to be objective here!
    The point is the show/edit is telling us Chris is F1. But everything else surrounding this season- interviews, media, Ali, CH, the presentation of the spoilers- is telling us it's Roberto or no one.

Personally, I don't put that much emphasis on edit because it's obvious the edit is meant to appeal to both camps. It's really fun to analyze and debate but in the end, I don't think it means THAT much. In this case, I have my mind made up on who is the F1 because of everything else and the edit is just a nice bonus (confirmation) for me.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Robto:
     Biggest worry is that hes too good to be true
     Rob is everything a girl would want, he makes me feel like I can fall and he could pick me back up and be there for me.

Chris:
     Hed make a great husband
     Im just smitten when I see him and Ive never felt that before
     Hes all the things and more that I thought he was that first night
     Im speechless talking about him, even more speechless when Im with him
     Im so excited about us

I'm trying to compare this to the way past bachelorette's have expressed themselves in regards the the F2. IDK, i just feel like they're trying to make us think shes beginning to feel more for Chris than Rob. really trying to be objective here!
    The problem is that IMO Chris's VOs sounded a lot more spliced and diced than Roberto's... which to me in and of itself is a clue that she picked Roberto, but who knows!

The whole "dropped out of my dreams" VO for example has been used several times in relation to both Chris and Roberto, so we really don't know who she stated it about...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4009858;
    The point is the show/edit is telling us Chris is F1. But everything else surrounding this season- interviews, media, Ali, CH, the presentation of the spoilers- is telling us it's Roberto or no one.

Personally, I don't put that much emphasis on edit because it's obvious the edit is meant to appeal to both camps. It's really fun to analyze and debate but in the end, I don't think it means THAT much. In this case, I have my mind made up on who is the F1 because of everything else and the edit is just a nice bonus (confirmation) for me.
    Edits used to firmly point to F1, F2 and F3 not anymore and never again. Each of the F3 have had varying degrees of F1, 2 and 3 edits.

For me it's red flags - I knew it wasn't going to be Reid because of the red flags - Kyp was all chemistry no substance, and Ed just got a wonky F1 edit just ilke Vienna, but Tenley didn't get the typical F2 chemistry edit....
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Robto:
     Biggest worry is that hes too good to be true

Chris:
     Im just smitten when I see him and Ive never felt that before
     Hes all the things and more that I thought he was that first night
     Im speechless talking about him, even more speechless when Im with him
     Im so excited about us

I'm trying to compare this to the way past bachelorette's have expressed themselves in regards the the F2. IDK, i just feel like they're trying to make us think shes beginning to feel more for Chris than Rob. really trying to be objective here!
    I remember in DeAnna's season, when she would talk about Jeremy, it was always, "any girl would be happy to have", she wouldn't say "he makes me". In reference to Jason, seemed like she would say he's very sweet and caring and would make a great husband. With Jesse, she would start out by saying "Jesse is 'that' guy, we started out as friends, our relationship grew the most normal" Just some thoughts..

FORT Newbie

Chris:

These first two are in the past tense. She isn't saying, "I have so many butterflies." or "I can see my life with him...". And the final one, "He'd make a great husband" is non-commital. She could be saying that abour a friend at work.

FORT Newbie

I'm new at this, and couldn't get the latergator post#3589 to incorporate into this post, so I have pasted it:

[/B]Quote:
    Roberto and Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...

-- from the moment I saw Roberto I felt an instant connection
    -- I always said I didn't think I could fall for someone at first sight, but I could have proven myself wrong here
    -- Not only is he this attractive, sexy athlete, but he is genuine with integrity and I find that so sexy and attractive
    -- One of my biggest worries about Roberto is that he's too good to be true because you know, our passion is so intense and strong. I just hope his heart's in this cause I know mine is.
    -- I would be so lucky to Roberto as my husband
    -- Roberto's everything a girl could want in a guy, he makes me feel like I could fall down and he would pick me right back up and be there for me and I think that its so important in a relationship and something I've been missing my whole life.

Quote:
    Chris and Ali, Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...
    -- Chris was just so sweet and charming the second he stepped out of the limousine. I just remember having so many butterflies
    -- There is something just very manly about Chris which I find very attractive. He has integrity, honor. He is an unbelievable man.
    -- I know he'd treat me so well and make a great husband
    -- I'm just smitten when I see him... I never felt that way with someone.
    -- But we're not really getting to that level that I feel like we really need to be as fast as I'd like.
    -- But after meeting his family- WOW- things really turned around for me. I got to see a totally different side of Chris and we took a huge step forward
    -- The walls finally came down and he's all the things... and more... that I thought he was that first night I met him.
    -- I'm speechless even talking about him and even speechless when I'm around him.
    -- Chris just dropped out of my dreams.
    -- Chris could really be the one for me.
    -- I could see my life with him being full of romance and love, I'm so excited about us.

ITA with those who believe the vo narrative about Chris is completely sliced/spliced and diced. There are a number of red flags to me: (1) I don't remember Ali ever talking about butterflies in relation to Chris or anyone else; (2) she's speechless talking about and to him???? Since when? The only times I recall her being speechles were in EPI 2 with Roberto in their alone time on the couch and in Portugal when she couldn't tell R what she was thinking about.; (3) Epi 3 - vo of Ali saying R is protective and manly; (4) Epi 4 Ali tells the hairdresser she is smitten with R; (5) vo of Ali during date w/ R in Portugal "Roberto could really be the one for me"; (6) FD w/R - vo of Ali saying a life with R would never be short of romance; (7) personal interview of Ali during FSD w/ R "I think he would treat me so well."; (8) Ali has said a number of times that R is like a fairytale and now all of a sudden C just dropped out of her dreams??; (9) in the last three statements of the narrative "Chris", "Chris", and "us" sound spliced, don't flow.

Basically, to me, the narrative about R flows and is consistent with the actual story, vo's and personal interviews that have been shown for the last 9 weeks. In contrast, the narrative about Chris has choppy sentences, her voice is all over the scale throughout the sentences, at least half of the vo's pertain to comments she made about R during the course of the show. The "speechless" comment probably has me most baffled because all I seem to see on this board is how A and C are so right for each other because they are so comfortable with each other and they have such great conversations.

JMO, I'm sure most people will disagree and that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeOnIt;4009952;
    ITA with those who believe the vo narrative about Chris is completely sliced/spliced and diced. There are a number of red flags to me: (1) I don't remember Ali ever talking about butterflies in relation to Chris or anyone else; (2) she's speechless talking about and to him???? Since when? The only times I recall her being speechles were in EPI 2 with Roberto in their alone time on the couch and in Portugal when she couldn't tell R what she was thinking about.; (3) Epi 3 - vo of Ali saying R is protective and manly; (4) Epi 4 Ali tells the hairdresser she is smitten with R; (5) vo of Ali during date w/ R in Portugal "Roberto could really be the one for me"; (6) FD w/R - vo of Ali saying a life with R would never be short of romance; (7) personal interview of Ali during FSD w/ R "I think he would treat me so well."; (8) Ali has said a number of times that R is like a fairytale and now all of a sudden C just dropped out of her dreams??; (9) in the last three statements of the narrative "Chris", "Chris", and "us" sound spliced, don't flow.

Basically, to me, the narrative about R flows and is consistent with the actual story, vo's and personal interviews that have been shown for the last 9 weeks. In contrast, the narrative about Chris has choppy sentences, her voice is all over the scale throughout the sentences, at least half of the vo's pertain to comments she made about R during the course of the show. The "speechless" comment probably has me most baffled because all I seem to see on this board is how A and C are so right for each other because they are so comfortable with each other and they have such great conversations.

And great first/early post! Thank you for going back and finding so many direct quotes about Roberto.

And welcome to the world of Fleiss and his Frankenbites. But IMO his minions were very very sloppy this year.

Just as I think they were very sloppy with the PI or ITM interviews. I never remember the constant backtracking all the key cast members had to do this year just to attempt to pull Fleiss's scripted story together. I think I'll blame the newbie Martin Hilton, maybe the newness has worn off TB and he's just phoning it in now.

I'm new at this, and couldn't get the latergator post#3589 to incorporate into this post, so I have pasted it:

[/B]Quote:
    Roberto and Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...

-- I always said I didn't think I could fall for someone at first sight, but I could have proven myself wrong here
    -- Not only is he this attractive, sexy athlete, but he is genuine with integrity and I find that so sexy and attractive
    -- One of my biggest worries about Roberto is that he's too good to be true because you know, our passion is so intense and strong. I just hope his heart's in this cause I know mine is.
    -- Roberto's everything a girl could want in a guy, he makes me feel like I could fall down and he would pick me right back up and be there for me and I think that its so important in a relationship and something I've been missing my whole life.

Quote:
    Chris and Ali, Ali, with Ali's voice overs as that was the way it was presented tonight...
    -- Chris was just so sweet and charming the second he stepped out of the limousine. I just remember having so many butterflies
    -- There is something just very manly about Chris which I find very attractive. He has integrity, honor. He is an unbelievable man.
    -- But we're not really getting to that level that I feel like we really need to be as fast as I'd like.
    -- But after meeting his family- WOW- things really turned around for me. I got to see a totally different side of Chris and we took a huge step forward
    -- The walls finally came down and he's all the things... and more... that I thought he was that first night I met him.
    -- I'm speechless even talking about him and even speechless when I'm around him.
    -- I could see my life with him being full of romance and love, I'm so excited about us.

Finally, thank you for posting this. You will be in the minority but I see where you're coming from agree with your assessment

[/B]Quote:

Quote:

I agree with your breakdown actually. I just think it means that TPTB changed the edit on us from previous years. not the same, that's fo' sho'!

I've thought that Roberto was F1 almost from day 1. The edit recently (as of HTD) starting to show chris as the potential F1. BUT if the edits are different this year...we might get the love story that we were looking for from the very beginning!!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.