Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

its so funny-- i don't hear Ali's words as spliced at all.

especially when she says "i really think Chris could be the one for me..." that would be hard to splice and sound as natural.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

I may be alone in this, but from week one I saw a spark between Ali and CL, which yes started as friendship but there was an ease to it. He even confirmed that in NY when he mentioned that "knowing" feeling with Ali. I think he said something like "I feel like I know her". Reminded me of in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks spoke of his dead wife, "I took her hand and it felt like Home, only a home I'd never known before". I understand that "knowing" because that happened with me and my Hubby (who I might add dated for less than 6 wks before we got engaged 17 years ago!). CL's Dad spoke of that same "knowing" between his parents.

Sorry this got a little long winded... but all to say that with ALL the editing we got about CL and his very strong feelings for Ali, my brain can't compute that all that information was in there for nothing or to set him up for some other woman as TB. I just can't buy it.
    That being said, if she has chosen Roberto, I do wish them happiness and success because I really like Ali and think she was one of the best Bachelorettes we've seen. She carried herself well and showed great maturity along this journey! Roberto seems like a sweet guy too.

First Bold...I agree, the spark was there....took time to flicker.
    Second Bold - that is my biggest issue with him possibly being TB. He was so sure of his feeling with Ali, that I can't imagine him just going thru 25 girls and the MF soap opera again. I would think he would know better and be skeptical. His storyline and everything they showed us between them, doesn't make sense... I think he and Reid are by far the best contestants ever on this show...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Okay would love to hear others take on the editing of the filmed preview of each guys journey with Ali shown at the men tell all. Ali says at the end of the Chris segement "I am excited about us." This preview is put together after the final rose ceremony or final shooting day, so if she sent Chris home why would she say in the present tense "I am excited about us" unless there was an US when this was put together.
    "Shakespeare In Love"

Ok folks, I should be working, and I'm ashamed I'm not, but... I don't think I'm the only one that is in that boat . Lets get back to edit here. Following the latest previews and conversation with some pretty good people on here, I thought I needed to get my analytical side out and try to figure things out based on what is being said and what we are being shown.

I am starting with the initial promotion for the bachelor. Not sure if it's still available on ABC... I have it downloaded on my machine, so I get to watch it over and over. I began to write down the voice overs and what pictures they pointed to as they were being said. I tried not to pay any attention to who was saying it, but rather just look at the scene. I believe after doing this, the whole story was told to us in that initial extended preview.

Two things stood out enough that I wanted to bring them here. I still say that the scene with Chris at the tree is pivotal... but anyway, here goes.

Ali says "Tahiti is the perfect place to fall in love"

Now that picture was identified by Mr. Write as the same tree that Chris is leaning against. And then this voice over from Ali is very telling I believe with the pictures that it was placed over. Here are the caps along with the vo she said...

Ali "I can say

wholeheartedly

that I am falling in love with him.

I really can."

this then fades into one of the few voice overs from Chris on this preview... starting with the kiss that Ali just ended with...

Chris "There's no way I can

propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me."

Maybe I'm crazy or just grasping at straws, but... I will try later to grab the vo and the scene cap and see what I can see???

Now I need to get off this and get to work

latergator, we've already discussed this but you know it works for me! Not to mention, we've only seen one man so crazy about a Bette before and they're married now so I'm saying chances are good it's all going to work out somehow.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;4009708;
    For all we know she could have been referring to Frank.
    If Frank is the one she was dreaming about, she needs to stop eating spicy Mexican food before bed. I believe those "dreams" should be categorized as nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4009797;
    latergator, we've already discussed this but you know it works for me! Not to mention, we've only seen one man so crazy about a Bette before and they're married now so I'm saying chances are good it's all going to work out somehow.
    Thank you for that, I needed some hope, things have been very humdrum around here this morning!! I agree Chris and Ali's relationship reminds me of Ryan... only Chris is more confident... and I'm curious as to where that confidence comes from. Is it his instincts? Is he crazy? Or is Ali giving him signals?

And thanks for the caps/quotes latergator! I have no idea what to make of anything anymore, but its definitely interesting.

If you look at the caps I'msotired posted of the infamous finale preview (in the caps only thread) it seems to practically be laying it out that Ali chooses no one.... curious as to what JBF would think of this...

Baah! I'm so confused! I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster... but I'm so addicted I can't pry myself away!

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4009781;
    Ok folks, I should be working, and I'm ashamed I'm not, but... I don't think I'm the only one that is in that boat . Lets get back to edit here. Following the latest previews and conversation with some pretty good people on here, I thought I needed to get my analytical side out and try to figure things out based on what is being said and what we are being shown.

Thank you for this!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-28-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4007309;
    IMO all of these statements about "Chris" were Frankenbites -- meaning "Chris" was spliced into each statement. The sound is noticeably different and the statements do not flow. Therefore I do not think any of these statements were made about "Chris" or "us" and I think "Roberto" was the original word that was replaced.

-- "Chris" just dropped out of my dreams.
    -- "Chris" could really be the one for me.
    -- I could see my life with him being full of romance and love, I'm so excited about "us".

All of these statements are heard during Chris's "journey" right after they jump off the back of the catamaran. Listen again.

Pretty crappy job with the Frankenbites last night Fleiss!!!
    Explain why they just didn't end this sentence "I could see my life with him being full of romance and love" right there in regards to Chris... why leave in
    "I'm so excited about us" if it was all about Roberto instead of Chris. Viewers will backlash because of this blatant lie if Roberto is chosen. You can tell they take a lot of effort with the editing so why this obvious slip up??? Sorry don't buy it was said for Roberto either ....maybe it was said originally about dare I say, Frank
    "Shakespeare In Love"

latergator
    Thanks for the sc and vo's. Loved seeing those this morning, now we can all work for an hour or two and then be back on the boards.