Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #3691
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14

    Re: Editing Analysis

    I posted this on another board but I'll post it here too since it probably fits better over here (I'm so new to being a non-lurker - ha ha):

    Okay... here's where my brain is about ready to explode. If Ali rejects CL/CL rejects Ali at LCD and just ends with a Roberto proposal at the FRC then I have to question, what was the entire season's editing about? What was the point in all of the "fairytale" talk, the rainbows, sunset pics, the pearls, etc if CL was never really a contender for Ali's heart (as in being F3) If she didn't have strong enough feelings for him then why take him to F3, let him go at F4 knowing the guy has just gone through one of the biggest heartbreaks of life (losing his Mom).

    Like many of you, I have been really trying hard to be non-biased in watching this season, although I do admit to having "fallen" for CL myself (but Sssh don't tell my Hubby). I get that Ali really digs Roberto, finds him sexy, etc, but my fear for her in choosing him is that it will fade like all the couples before her. After the MTA clips telling their story, I walked away from that thinking she'd just presented a great "commercial" for Roberto as the next bachelor.

    I may be alone in this, but from week one I saw a spark between Ali and CL, which yes started as friendship but there was an ease to it. He even confirmed that in NY when he mentioned that "knowing" feeling with Ali. I think he said something like "I feel like I know her". Reminded me of in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks spoke of his dead wife, "I took her hand and it felt like Home, only a home I'd never known before". I understand that "knowing" because that happened with me and my Hubby (who I might add dated for less than 6 wks before we got engaged 17 years ago!). CL's Dad spoke of that same "knowing" between his parents.

    Sorry this got a little long winded... but all to say that with ALL the editing we got about CL and his very strong feelings for Ali, my brain can't compute that all that information was in there for nothing or to set him up for some other woman as TB. I just can't buy it.

    That being said, if she has chosen Roberto, I do wish them happiness and success because I really like Ali and think she was one of the best Bachelorettes we've seen. She carried herself well and showed great maturity along this journey! Roberto seems like a sweet guy too.

  2. #3692
    FORT Regular Bananaloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    77

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by luv_realityTV;4009586;
    I posted this on another board but I'll post it here too since it probably fits better over here (I'm so new to being a non-lurker - ha ha):

    Okay... here's where my brain is about ready to explode. If Ali rejects CL/CL rejects Ali at LCD and just ends with a Roberto proposal at the FRC then I have to question, what was the entire season's editing about? What was the point in all of the "fairytale" talk, the rainbows, sunset pics, the pearls, etc if CL was never really a contender for Ali's heart (as in being F3) If she didn't have strong enough feelings for him then why take him to F3, let him go at F4 knowing the guy has just gone through one of the biggest heartbreaks of life (losing his Mom).

    Like many of you, I have been really trying hard to be non-biased in watching this season, although I do admit to having "fallen" for CL myself (but Sssh don't tell my Hubby). I get that Ali really digs Roberto, finds him sexy, etc, but my fear for her in choosing him is that it will fade like all the couples before her. After the MTA clips telling their story, I walked away from that thinking she'd just presented a great "commercial" for Roberto as the next bachelor.

    I may be alone in this, but from week one I saw a spark between Ali and CL, which yes started as friendship but there was an ease to it. He even confirmed that in NY when he mentioned that "knowing" feeling with Ali. I think he said something like "I feel like I know her". Reminded me of in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks spoke of his dead wife, "I took her hand and it felt like Home, only a home I'd never known before". I understand that "knowing" because that happened with me and my Hubby (who I might add dated for less than 6 wks before we got engaged 17 years ago!). CL's Dad spoke of that same "knowing" between his parents.

    Sorry this got a little long winded... but all to say that with ALL the editing we got about CL and his very strong feelings for Ali, my brain can't compute that all that information was in there for nothing or to set him up for some other woman as TB. I just can't buy it.

    That being said, if she has chosen Roberto, I do wish them happiness and success because I really like Ali and think she was one of the best Bachelorettes we've seen. She carried herself well and showed great maturity along this journey! Roberto seems like a sweet guy too.

    Some definitions for "fairy tale:"

    - A story about fairies told to amuse children
    - An interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
    - A folktale featuring fairies or simililar fantasy characters
    - Any far-fetched story or tall tale
    - An unbelievable or untrue story; lie

  3. #3693
    Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    440

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaloaf;4009629;
    Some definitions for "fairy tale:"

    - A story about fairies told to amuse children
    - An interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
    - A folktale featuring fairies or simililar fantasy characters
    - Any far-fetched story or tall tale
    - An unbelievable or untrue story; lie
    Ali has used the fairy tale reference more with Roberto. Just sayin'

  4. #3694
    Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    440

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by luv_realityTV;4009586;
    I posted this on another board but I'll post it here too since it probably fits better over here (I'm so new to being a non-lurker - ha ha):

    Okay... here's where my brain is about ready to explode. If Ali rejects CL/CL rejects Ali at LCD and just ends with a Roberto proposal at the FRC then I have to question, what was the entire season's editing about? What was the point in all of the "fairytale" talk, the rainbows, sunset pics, the pearls, etc if CL was never really a contender for Ali's heart (as in being F3) If she didn't have strong enough feelings for him then why take him to F3, let him go at F4 knowing the guy has just gone through one of the biggest heartbreaks of life (losing his Mom).

    Like many of you, I have been really trying hard to be non-biased in watching this season, although I do admit to having "fallen" for CL myself (but Sssh don't tell my Hubby). I get that Ali really digs Roberto, finds him sexy, etc, but my fear for her in choosing him is that it will fade like all the couples before her. After the MTA clips telling their story, I walked away from that thinking she'd just presented a great "commercial" for Roberto as the next bachelor.

    I may be alone in this, but from week one I saw a spark between Ali and CL, which yes started as friendship but there was an ease to it. He even confirmed that in NY when he mentioned that "knowing" feeling with Ali. I think he said something like "I feel like I know her". Reminded me of in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks spoke of his dead wife, "I took her hand and it felt like Home, only a home I'd never known before". I understand that "knowing" because that happened with me and my Hubby (who I might add dated for less than 6 wks before we got engaged 17 years ago!). CL's Dad spoke of that same "knowing" between his parents.

    Sorry this got a little long winded... but all to say that with ALL the editing we got about CL and his very strong feelings for Ali, my brain can't compute that all that information was in there for nothing or to set him up for some other woman as TB. I just can't buy it.

    That being said, if she has chosen Roberto, I do wish them happiness and success because I really like Ali and think she was one of the best Bachelorettes we've seen. She carried herself well and showed great maturity along this journey! Roberto seems like a sweet guy too.
    It very well could be, in all likelihood, to garner sympathy for him as the Bachelor, or steer the audience away from "the real love story"...
    However, I still my doubts that either of these are the case...Chris has been the narrator of the season...he's gotten more airtime than our lead. There is definitely more to this story.

  5. #3695
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaloaf;4009629;
    Some definitions for "fairy tale:"

    - A story about fairies told to amuse children
    - An interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
    - A folktale featuring fairies or simililar fantasy characters
    - Any far-fetched story or tall tale
    - An unbelievable or untrue story; lie
    If we're looking at the word choice, we need to analyze the context the word is used in, not just the word. Obviously it's being used in the colloquial/Disney context in this case. That his mother is creating the perfect love story for him.

    You may not agree but we can't argue on the usage or meaning of the actual word in this particular case.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  6. #3696
    FORT Regular Bananaloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    77

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4009662;
    If we're looking at the word choice, we need to analyze the context the word is used in, not just the word. Obviously it's being used in the colloquial/Disney context in this case. That his mother is creating the perfect love story for him.

    You may not agree but we can't argue on the usage or meaning of the actual word in this particular case.
    I don't agree or disagree. I was just providing some information.

  7. #3697
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4009650;
    It very well could be, in all likelihood, to garner sympathy for him as the Bachelor, or steer the audience away from "the real love story"...
    However, I still my doubts that either of these are the case...Chris has been the narrator of the season...he's gotten more airtime than our lead. There is definitely more to this story.
    I definitely agree. We've had lovable characters before, like Reid or supposedly ALi. And while they have been featured, they haven't been the star of the show. This season has been the CL and ALi show. IMO they didn't need to edit in so much of CL's story line if he's going to be F2. People would have still loved him and wanted him to be Bachelor. There has to be more to the story.

  8. #3698
    FORT Fogey SaffronSunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,401

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4007309;
    IMO all of these statements about "Chris" were Frankenbites -- meaning "Chris" was spliced into each statement. The sound is noticeably different and the statements do not flow. Therefore I do not think any of these statements were made about "Chris" or "us" and I think "Roberto" was the original word that was replaced.

    -- "Chris" just dropped out of my dreams.
    -- "Chris" could really be the one for me.
    -- I could see my life with him being full of romance and love, I'm so excited about "us".

    All of these statements are heard during Chris's "journey" right after they jump off the back of the catamaran. Listen again.

    Pretty crappy job with the Frankenbites last night Fleiss!!!

    Those are the exact same words that I thought sounded badly spliced.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

  9. #3699
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;4009673;
    Those are the exact same words that I thought sounded badly spliced.
    In the new preview she says "HE dropped out of my dreams," no name given but it's played over a clip of Roberto. So it does seem like Chris' name was spliced over "he," but we have no idea who "he" is- so far it's been attributed to both Chris and Roberto.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  10. #3700
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    785

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4009677;
    In the new preview she says "HE dropped out of my dreams," no name given but it's played over a clip of Roberto. So it does seem like Chris' name was spliced over "he," but we have no idea who "he" is- so far it's been attributed to both Chris and Roberto.
    For all we know she could have been referring to Frank.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.