Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4000226;
    I find it also interesting that CL seems very confident and sure of himself & about his connection with Ali whereas RM is a lot more nervous and emotional
    My husband noticed Chris was more confident at the last RC but then stated it was because he was not as emotionally invested as Roberto. And I agree.

I think Chris once again is immature in the romance department. Remember how he was so over the top confident after their first 1 on 1 date? He sounded crazy to me since he was only considering his feelings. I don't think he's had enough experience dating and any attention that a "girl" pays to him seems like the real deal to him.

So, yes, Chris was more confident at the last RC but I don't think he's thinking of anyone but himself. He has a false and misguided sense of confidence.

And then there's Roberto at that RC, a bundle of nerves because he went all in, he said the "love" word to her and there's no turning back. So he's fully invested and scared to death. And he knows the score, Ali's still dating another guy and she has to play the game to string one of them along. So he's a nervous wreck not knowing if he may or may not be the one she's stringing along. He feels that he's the final one but there is no way to know for sure.

So IMO that's why Chris was blindly confident and Roberto was terrified that Ali may not really love him in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4000545;
    My husband noticed Chris was more confident at the last RC but then stated it was because he was not as emotionally invested as Roberto. And I agree.

I think Chris once again is immature in the romance department. Remember how he was so over the top confident after their first 1 on 1 date? He sounded crazy to me since he was only considering his feelings. I don't think he's had enough experience dating and any attention that a "girl" pays to him seems like the real deal to him.

So, yes, Chris was more confident at the last RC but I don't think he's thinking of anyone but himself. He has a false and misguided sense of confidence.

And then there's Roberto at that RC, a bundle of nerves because he went all in, he said the "love" word to her and there's no turning back. So he's fully invested and scared to death. And he knows the score, Ali's still dating another guy and she has to play the game to string one of them along. So he's a nervous wreck not knowing if he may or may not be the one she's stringing along. He feels that he's the final one but there is no way to know for sure.

So IMO that's why Chris was blindly confident and Roberto was terrified that Ali may not really love him in the end.
    IA, especially with the bold part. Nicely put Mama!

FORT Fogey

Roberto didn't look nervous to me. He's sweating but I think that's because of the Tahiti humidity. Some people just sweat very profusely in humid weather. And Roberto said "I'm falling in love with you" - translation: I'm not in love with you yet. Welcome to the modern guy-talk

And CL is confident on their first 1-1 date because prior to that, Ali told him at the 3rd cocktail party she would love to play flipcup with his brothers. She didn't even bother hiding this fact.

, get out of my head.........

FORT Fan

I don't find Chris immature or misguided in any shape or form. The man KNOWS how he feels. He loves her..he told her this, he told her he could see forever with her. He laid out on the line to her, just like Roberto did..maybe more so in that Chris actually speaks to Ali about THEIR future. He expresses his hopes with her. How can that be classified as misguided? Or Immature? Call me crazy, but in order to put himself out there, he had to of felt something back from her. The man was holding back for a reason. He doesn't want to get hurt. He had to of had some sort of reassurance from her, in order to feel comfortable enough to say those things to her.

Chris is in love with Ali, he is HAPPY. That is the only thing I see from him. Happiness. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;4000246;
    What are the "always" for the Final episode ?????

Who gets the activity date ? Roberto gets water-scooter what does Chris get ? I didn't see any activity with Chris other than being in a pool.

To me, it seems like F2 gets the activity date and F1 gets the private romantic, sit-around-the-beach kind of date: I remember Jason went diving with the sharks and Jesse went to a beach, but can't remember the others off the top of my head. I just remember the next couple of seasons making the connection to DeAnna's season that F1 was getting that "hot and heavy" opportunity and F2 was doing some kind of water activity that inhibited physical closeness.

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

This is a good point, but what's confusing is some of Chris' VOs & PIs...there are moments of vulnerability tossed in there. I'm also wondering if Ali is giving him some of that confidence. How are we to know?
    I was surprised at how nervous Roberto seemed....especially given the facial expressions and body language Ali demonstrated on their FD...
    It could just be different personality types....Chris is the risk-taking, impulsive one, whereas Roberto is more cautious perhaps....

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4000566;
    I was surprised at how nervous Roberto seemed.
    I thought he looked pissed, not nervous; like he knew about what Frank did prior to the RC. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were piercing. The sweat was from the heat, but to me he radiated anger, not nerves. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4000558;
    I don't find Chris immature or misguided in any shape or form. The man KNOWS how he feels. He loves her..he told her this, he told her he could see forever with her. He laid out on the line to her, just like Roberto did..maybe more so in that Chris actually speaks to Ali about THEIR future. He expresses his hopes with her. How can that be classified as misguided? Or Immature? Call me crazy, but in order to put himself out there, he had to of felt something back from her. The man was holding back for a reason. He doesn't want to get hurt. He had to of had some sort of reassurance from her, in order to feel comfortable enough to say those things to her.
    Chris is in love with Ali, he is HAPPY. That is the only thing I see from him. Happiness. Period.
    I agree with the bold. Even though he briefly mentioned being cautious of being hurt, he must have had some feedback from her to promt him spilling everything to her. The FD, he held nothing back. He said everything she could have possibly needed to hear...so if in her eyes, it was still "too late"...then her heart was already with Roberto. What is so confusing is when she is so touchy with him and teases him. When she went to kiss his ear after he teased her while reading FD card..that was just so natural and adorable. Grrr...can't wait til we finally know.

Quote Originally Posted by rooting4love;4000565;
    To me, it seems like F2 gets the activity date and F1 gets the private romantic, sit-around-the-beach kind of date: I remember Jason went diving with the sharks and Jesse went to a beach, but can't remember the others off the top of my head. I just remember the next couple of seasons making the connection to DeAnna's season that F1 was getting that "hot and heavy" opportunity and F2 was doing some kind of water activity that inhibited physical closeness.
    But there is at least one other person in the water with Chris and Ali, he has on blue shorts. Whether there is something else in the water with them, we don't know yet.
    TEAM ALBERT-O!!!!!

"The one who loves the least, controls the relationship"-R.A.