Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #2811
    FORT Fanatic REIDISCOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philly burbs
    Posts
    711

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermom;3989667;
    I think the edit of Chris' mom's death being so prominent could also be geared toward the thought of Chris being the next bachelor. Chris is 33 and some might wonder why such a wonderful young man would still be single at that age. Is there something we don't know about him? I think that since he spent the last several years dealing with his mother's sickness and eventual death, years passed that might otherwise have been spent finding a special lady to share his life with. It gives a very honest, plausible explanation of why if Chris is such a wonderful catch we all believe him to be, that he is still single. The explanation that his is finally ready to focus on himself and his future makes perfect sense and doesn't cause any "red flags". I see it as less a sympathy card and more a trump card. He has triumphed over serious challenges and is 100% available!
    That's why the Josh Radin "Brand New Day" lyrics are so fitting.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

  2. #2812
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3989666;
    I wonder why they left Roberto's time with Ali out of the Iceland and Turkey episodes? I don't think they cared to tell the story of Ali and Roberto. The biggest story was Frank followed by Chris and Ali.
    This is what kills me too. TPTB always tell the story that is most important. I cannot recall a F1 who has been as non-existent as Roberto in some of the episodes. While his storyline has stopped with them discussing how hot the other one is, we've actually seen Chris and Ali develop a relationship. Going from awkward strangers to friends to now romantic partners. They have shown us a natural, sweet progression of their relationship which is what makes me want to root for them. It's not just the Chris story we've been told but the Chris AND Ali story.

    Moreover, if Roberto is going to be her Knight in Shining Armour against Disney Villain Frank, why not set the season up as Frank vs. Roberto instead of Frank vs. Chris like JBF and latergator pointed out?

    This leads me to think that if RS is right and there is a no-pick, they did this all just to showcase their next Bach. If RS is wrong and the other spoilers are right and Roberto is the F1, then I don't know what the editors are thinking. Crappy job.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  3. #2813
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    202

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3989653;
    Finally! we get to place a name to one of the "new" writing crew hired by Martin a few seasons ago. He is telling us that any script writing follows the characters' actions and that the characters are not molded to fit a script. He is telling the story after the film has been shot, though we have heard that potential storyboards are in place before the first roll is in a canister. Fascinating.
    Yes, it IS fascinating. This tells us that those edits and sound bites are ever so important to the end of the story.

  4. #2814
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3989675;
    This is what kills me too. TPTB always tell the story that is most important. I cannot recall a F1 who has been as non-existent as Roberto in some of the episodes. While his storyline has stopped with them discussing how hot the other one is, we've actually seen Chris and Ali develop a relationship. Going from awkward strangers to friends to now romantic partners. They have shown us a natural, sweet progression of their relationship which is what makes me want to root for them. It's not just the Chris story we've been told but the Chris AND Ali story.

    Moreover, if Roberto is going to be her Knight in Shining Armour against Disney Villain Frank, why not set the season up as Frank vs. Roberto instead of Frank vs. Chris like JBF and latergator pointed out?

    This leads me to think that if RS is right and there is a no-pick, they did this all just to showcase their next Bach. If RS is wrong and the other spoilers are right and Roberto is the F1, then I don't know what the editors are thinking. Crappy job.

    Another thing- Ali said she went in thinking she wanted one thing but came out wanting another. what was she refering too? Roberto and Chris? or was it Frank and Roberto like others have said?

    Or maybe it's just a case of her going in thinking she wanted marriage but then realizing at the end she didn't? who knows. the only reason I still tune in is to see Chris L. even thou I know he's probably going to have his heart broken. He's just too genuine for this show not to like.

  5. #2815
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by kelad9;3989711;
    Another thing- Ali said she went in thinking she wanted one thing but came out wanting another. what was she refering too? Roberto and Chris? or was it Frank and Roberto like others have said?
    She told CH Roberto is nothing like what she thought she wanted in their HTD talk. So that interview points to Roberto.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  6. #2816
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3989713;
    She told CH Roberto is nothing like what she thought she wanted in their HTD talk. So that interview points to Roberto.
    makes sense & something that points to a Roberto F1. but who was it that she thought she wanted? Is it Chris L or Frank?

    I'm thinking she ends the FRC in a no pick but then regrets it and probably chases after Roberto (thou I'd love her to chase after Chris L but don't see it now. ). Didn't she say in a PI in HTD that she was almost getting cold feet about roberto? While I'm sure she didn't have that deep of a feeling for Frank, she'd probably be questioning her decisions and 2nd guessing everyone including herself.
    Last edited by kelad9; 07-18-2010 at 03:28 PM.

  7. #2817
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by kelad9;3989715;
    makes sense. but who was it that she thought she wanted? Is it Chris L or Frank?
    It seems she thought she wanted Frank with all his quirkiness and insecurities and neurosis. Sounds like a poorly trained parakeet instead of a boyfriend but hey! That's Ali's list.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  8. #2818
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3989717;
    It seems she thought she wanted Frank with all his quirkiness and insecurities and neurosis. Sounds like a poorly trained parakeet instead of a boyfriend but hey! That's Ali's list.
    do not understand that at all. but am refraining from making any comments about Frank until I see what goes on at FRC and AFTR. maybe she'll end up surprising all of us with something other than a no pick or roberto scenario. Yup I know that's way to optimistic but am trying to remain that way so I don't feel like I've wasted my time watching this season. I think the only good that came out of this was watching the guys interact with each other & how they became friends. haha

  9. #2819
    FORT Fanatic TxMav10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    649

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3989675;
    This is what kills me too. TPTB always tell the story that is most important. I cannot recall a F1 who has been as non-existent as Roberto in some of the episodes. While his storyline has stopped with them discussing how hot the other one is, we've actually seen Chris and Ali develop a relationship. Going from awkward strangers to friends to now romantic partners. They have shown us a natural, sweet progression of their relationship which is what makes me want to root for them. It's not just the Chris story we've been told but the Chris AND Ali story.

    Moreover, if Roberto is going to be her Knight in Shining Armour against Disney Villain Frank, why not set the season up as Frank vs. Roberto instead of Frank vs. Chris like JBF and latergator pointed out?

    This leads me to think that if RS is right and there is a no-pick, they did this all just to showcase their next Bach. If RS is wrong and the other spoilers are right and Roberto is the F1, then I don't know what the editors are thinking. Crappy job.

    I agree with everyone who says the edit is really messed up this year. But I personally believe that MF was not going to let his favorite and the 20th season be the same old same old! I think this time we have a hodge podge of all the previous 19 thrown in. Plus I do not think they want to us to see the Frank vs Roberto set up. Once Frank played his "part" and they were done with him they continued on with the battle of the 2 best. Look how divided the board is....most are either pro C or pro R. This is the kind of chatter and ratings MF wants. Frank just provided them with the speed bump for the bus to roll over this year. Hence the good edit of the F2.
    For those of you not seeing the connection between R/A check out Cupcakes video. There is also a video of CL's HTD (sorry I do not remember who did it! ) that is great too but watch them back to back and see the difference in the relationships. I do not have a favorite and stand by the posts I made early on that this is the best F2 ever. "If" she picked R then I am happy because that is better than a no pick. "IF" we get the surprise and she goes after CL that is better too! I invested way to much time in this show for "she is single and happy with her new found fame" ending!!

  10. #2820
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3989734;
    I agree with everyone who says the edit is really messed up this year. But I personally believe that MF was not going to let his favorite and the 20th season be the same old same old! I think this time we have a hodge podge of all the previous 19 thrown in. Plus I do not think they want to us to see the Frank vs Roberto set up. Once Frank played his "part" and they were done with him they continued on with the battle of the 2 best. Look how divided the board is....most are either pro C or pro R. This is the kind of chatter and ratings MF wants. Frank just provided them with the speed bump for the bus to roll over this year. Hence the good edit of the F2.
    For those of you not seeing the connection between R/A check out Cupcakes video. There is also a video of CL's HTD (sorry I do not remember who did it! ) that is great too but watch them back to back and see the difference in the relationships. I do not have a favorite and stand by the posts I made early on that this is the best F2 ever. "If" she picked R then I am happy because that is better than a no pick. "IF" we get the surprise and she goes after CL that is better too! I invested way to much time in this show for "she is single and happy with her new found fame" ending!!
    great post and something I agree with. I just don't think a no pick is the something never done before that will surprise us is in the cards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.