Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #2791
    FORT Fanatic REIDISCOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philly burbs
    Posts
    711

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3989431;
    Fleiss edits this show the way he wants us to see it.
    She got the parents blessing from all of them. Not much weight there.

    I wasn't so much paying weight to what the parents said, but to Ali's reactions.
    While the HTD with Roberto had the largest hotness factor, other things were missing. Sure, the father was controlling, but that's the Fleiss edit.

    Frank's date had NO hotness. They did granny kisses, and Frank was pulling away.

    However what Ali was saying, is what SHE was feeling. SHE'S the one doing the choosing, not the parents. I mean to tell Frank that HONESTLY for the first time she was considering HIS PARENTS as in laws out of all the HTD says A LOT. She told Frank's mother that she felt Frank IS THE ONE. To me, that's big.

    How are Rob and Chris going to feel watching that today?...esp if one of them was chosen? Think REAL LIFE, not the show.
    JoBro..I'm with you 100%. As much as I snark about Frank I do think Ali and Frank connected on a lot of levels the most important of which was their humor and intelligence levels.

    Even as an ardent Chris admirer the things that Ali SAID to Frank's parents/family told me he was in #1 spot at this point.
    In addition to the in laws comment she also told them she saved the best HTD for last. She was almost giddy talking to the sister about Frank's neuroses and she practically finished the sister's sentence off when she said that it was because their feelings were so real and they both could see themselves together in the end, that she could completely relate and understand where Frank's head was at, because she was having the same internal debate herself. And she said the only way these doubts would go away was once Frank realizes he's F1 in the end. That's the only way she could reassure him completely and these doubts would then disappear. (I understand this quote was not word for word but it was I took out of that convo).

    I will add to this that Ali is an intelligent girl and she was still being guarded but out of her final 3 I think she saw herself with Frank more so than the rest. As always JMHO.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

  2. #2792
    FORT Fan cookie5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Big Easy
    Posts
    297

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3989487;
    So I assume then that Roberto or Ali must have told Roberto's family that he received the FIR? I wondered how his brother would have known that to ask her what made her give Roberto the first impression rose.
    Another conversation we didn't get to see. I also read somewhere that when they go on the HTD they can't stay with their families, they stay at a hotel, so they don't see or talk to their family until that day.

  3. #2793
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3989487;
    So I assume then that Roberto or Ali must have told Roberto's family that he received the FIR? I wondered how his brother would have known that to ask her what made her give Roberto the first impression rose.
    Yes, during the evening that night Ali must have told them that Roberto got the FIR. It's common for the bachelors and lead to discuss what the dating experience has been so far and the things they've done. Just like you saw Roberto's father comment on how "it wasn't hard to have a good time or happy when you just came form Portugal." They obviously told them about their experience there. As with many things TPTB edited out those conversations just like they edite dout Ali's time with Rooberto's mother giving her the "Love never fails heart" and teaching her to cook tostones.




    Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;3989496;
    Another conversation we didn't get to see. I also read somewhere that when they go on the HTD they can't stay with their families, they stay at a hotel, so they don't see or talk to their family until that day.
    Correct, they only see their family family for the alloted time. Kirk I believe covered this as well in his interview. They have their time with Ali with the family. If they don't leave with Ali to have private time with her after leaving the family they may have a few minutes to get families thought with out her present. However, after that they are off with theri handler back to th ehotel and back to LA or next destination inseclusion. Some get time with the lead after family visit like Melissa did with Jason, etc. Also often, particular F1's, may get more alone time in there hometown with the lead. Ian had extra time with Merideth. It depends on how tight the schedule is.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-18-2010 at 02:46 PM.

  4. #2794
    FORT Fogey emusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    I feel cheated to not have seen that cooking lesson/necklace exchange!! I think the warmth and love Olga shows Ali would be so charming and endearing to watch! Talking about the necklace maybe saying a little something about she wanted to give this to the woman that's become special to her son ...Ali acting clueless while cooking...and Olga and maybe Olga Jr. assisting maybe Olga dropping a little story about how Roberto was like as a kid/food he liked etc... oh well *sigh*

    Ali said her dad called her after her HTD asking if he did something wrong for his portion to be cut out...so I appreciate that Ali made it clear on the air that her decision had nothing to do with families...
    Team Alibeartito

  5. #2795
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    622

    Re: Editing Analysis

    One thing I know, watching that show no one and I mean no one gets as much kisses as Roberto, she seems to cant keep her hands off him. I believe also he is the only one she jump up into his arms and saddle and jump up and down and act all girly with. She seems to always lift her hands to go over his shoulders to hug.

  6. #2796
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    622

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3989502;
    I feel cheated to not have seen that cooking lesson/necklace exchange!! I think the warmth and love Olga shows Ali would be so charming and endearing to watch! Talking about the necklace maybe saying a little something about she wanted to give this to the woman that's become special to her son ...Ali acting clueless while cooking...and Olga and maybe Olga Jr. assisting maybe Olga dropping a little story about how Roberto was like as a kid/food he liked etc... oh well *sigh*

    Ali said her dad called her after her HTD asking if he did something wrong for his portion to be cut out...so I appreciate that Ali made it clear on the air that her decision had nothing to do with families...

    You are not alone in feeling cheated out of that exchange of chain and cooking lesson. When dear father are they going to show us the good stuff. Fleiss is really a meanie

  7. #2797
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    276

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3989501;
    Correct, they only see their family family for the alloted time. Kirk I believe covered this as well in his interview. They have their time with Ali with the family. If they don't leave with Ali to have private time with her after leaving the family they may have a few minutes to get families thought with out her present. However, after that they are off with theri handler back to th ehotel and back to LA or next destination inseclusion. Some get time with the lead after family visit like Melissa did with Jason, etc. Also often, particular F1's, may get more alone time in there hometown with the lead. Ian had extra time with Merideth. It depends on how tight the schedule is.
    Don't forget, some get time to be filmed hooking up with their local girl friend!

  8. #2798
    FORT Fogey KareyR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3989502;
    I feel cheated to not have seen that cooking lesson/necklace exchange!! I think the warmth and love Olga shows Ali would be so charming and endearing to watch! Talking about the necklace maybe saying a little something about she wanted to give this to the woman that's become special to her son ...Ali acting clueless while cooking...and Olga and maybe Olga Jr. assisting maybe Olga dropping a little story about how Roberto was like as a kid/food he liked etc... oh well *sigh*

    Ali said her dad called her after her HTD asking if he did something wrong for his portion to be cut out...so I appreciate that Ali made it clear on the air that her decision had nothing to do with families...
    Hey emusha
    I feel cheated too...for the very reasons you describe. It would have been so enchanting to watch. Ali must have been so touched by Olga's gesture. I so wish we would not have been denied these scenes.

    And poor Ali's Dad...that he was completely cut out of even being shown. Thanks
    Karey

  9. #2799
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    504

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3989522;
    Hey emusha
    I feel cheated too...for the very reasons you describe. It would have been so enchanting to watch. Ali must have been so touched by Olga's gesture. I so wish we would not have been denied these scenes.

    And poor Ali's Dad...that he was completely cut out of even being shown. Thanks
    Karey
    What I think is missing from this show is both families of the F2 getting together with the Bachelorette's family to see how they MESH. Seriously does one ever get engaged without the two families meeting? Not in my world!

  10. #2800
    FORT Fanatic kelad9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    643

    Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3989550;
    What I think is missing from this show is both families of the F2 getting together with the Bachelorette's family to see how they MESH. Seriously does one ever get engaged without the two families meeting? Not in my world!
    it did in my world.- Not me personally but my brother pulled that with his wife on my family. Up till the wedding, the only person we had met on her side of the family was her mom.

    But like you, i'd really like to see that happen in future bach/ette shows.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.