Page 23 of 387 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

FORT Fanatic

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3910009;
    Melissa was the favored of the final two; however, Jillian was what I call the "wonderful F3" - Amanda, Reid, Jeremy, Danielle, etc.
    Amanda, Jeremy, Danielle, and Jillian had a backstory that made us love them and root for them. Other F3s we just loved: Bettina, Jen Sheft's Ryan, and Aaron's Gwen.

Recently the F2s are good people who just get passed over: Kyp, Tenley, Chelsey and Molly (although both were shown as competitive) Jason.
    This may be unpopular to say but is it possible Chris was Ali's F3 with the "wonderful F3" edit. Frank may or may not have been her pick for F1 when he left but he may have at least been her F2. Bloomers, does all the editing happen after the season is wrapped or is that something they start doing during the filming? Would they have changed edit direction after Frank left late in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by luvstx;3910007;
    I can think of some other fan favorites:
    Sarah over Moana (Travis)
    Jen over whats-her-name/Kirsten (Andrew)
    Sarah B over Krisily (Charlie)

Or at least that's what I thought.
    Matthew over Ian - Merideth
    Trista over Amanda - Alex
    Brooke/Gwen over Helene - Aaron
    Sadie over Jen - Lorenzo

FORT Fanatic

Does the favorite not winning coincide with the trend of using someone from the current season as the next Bachelor/Bachelorette?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3910017;
    Does the favorite not winning coincide with the trend of using someone from the current season as the next Bachelor/Bachelorette?
    Trista and Merideth were recycles
    the next was DeAnna from Womacks season..since they all have been recycles.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3909970;
    Have they every talked up the good guy so much, before the season started. If not, maybe we are actually going to see something special this year.
    One thing the last few seasons has taught us is that we can expect something different – there are a few formula things that stay the same – matter of time folks getting drama edits, etc….

Although we can make some comparisons to certain seasons, each season can be compared to more than one season – ie. Vienna’s edit was fairly new, but Helene also did not get a great edit, nor did Deanna, Ali left at F4 on her own, just like Graham…..

Until it starts playing out on the screen, it's only speculatioin how anyone is going to be edited.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3910014;
    This may be unpopular to say but is it possible Chris was Ali's F3 with the "wonderful F3" edit. Frank may or may not have been her pick for F1 when he left but he may have at least been her F2. Bloomers, does all the editing happen after the season is wrapped or is that something they start doing during the filming? Would they have changed edit direction after Frank left late in the game?
    Let's look at the edited dates under the new storywriter(s) beginning with Matt's season:

Ep. 4 1-1 dates that went to Final4 people were Amanda F3,, Jesse intended to be F3 but who became the default F1 after Graham left, F2 Molly, F2 Kyp, F3 Gia, and now F1 or F2 Chris L.

We need to see how the edited Chris comes out of the limo. Originally, he came out at #6 which is when F4 to F2 Jason came out and F4 Naomi came out. Before Matt's season we saw male F2 JP as well as a mixture of some F4 women come out at #6.

Most of the time F1 guys have either been mixed in within the first 3 cars or come out at the end for the big bang attraction at the F25. F2s can come out anywhere, but they come out at the beginning for suck your breath in reaction as well as at the end for the same thing. However, this group of writers/editors also likes the people like Jason who does the backwards flips for the grandstand finish.

Chris L could move up like Jesse did. However, Jesse was not the favored much of anything. In fact, Jesse as F1 was a major shock.
    The intended F2 Jeremy (according to DeAnna) who became F3 instead was who we all thought would move up instead of either the intended F4 Jason or intended F3 Jesse.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityAlert;3909984;
    I don't remember an overwhelming fan favorite either, and suspect that's because one of the things the writers are good at is editing to make sure there is conflict among the fans. Whether it's this show or American Idol it's great for the network if fans bug each other about who their favorite is - keeps them watching. So I expect to see more Kirk and Roberto fans after a show or two.
    I didn't phrase this very well - I mean the writers from early on will try to put more than one possible fan favorite in front of us. They want us having a bit of unknown at the rose ceremonies and they are good at it. Yes, Tessa was a favorite, but wasn't there still always a doubt? Ian to me was the only one to pick in his show, but stiill they managed to put in some doubt. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityAlert;3910192;
    I didn't phrase this very well - I mean the writers from early on will try to put more than one possible fan favorite in front of us. They want us having a bit of unknown at the rose ceremonies and they are good at it. Yes, Tessa was a favorite, but wasn't there still always a doubt? Ian to me was the only one to pick in his show, but stiill they managed to put in some doubt. Etc.
    There was always doubt with Tessa, even to the end. Will she stay, does she care about him, will she say yes? The thing with Andy was, it was always Tessa for him, his face on the Cinderella date had Tessa written all over it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3910091;
    Let's look at the edited dates under the new storywriter(s) beginning with Matt's season:

Ep. 4 1-1 dates that went to Final4 people were Amanda F3,, Jesse intended to be F3 but who became the default F1 after Graham left, F2 Molly, F2 Kyp, F3 Gia, and now F1 or F2 Chris L.

We need to see how the edited Chris comes out of the limo. Originally, he came out at #6 which is when F4 to F2 Jason came out and F4 Naomi came out. Before Matt's season we saw male F2 JP as well as a mixture of some F4 women come out at #6.

Most of the time F1 guys have either been mixed in within the first 3 cars or come out at the end for the big bang attraction at the F25. F2s can come out anywhere, but they come out at the beginning for suck your breath in reaction as well as at the end for the same thing. However, this group of writers/editors also likes the people like Jason who does the backwards flips for the grandstand finish.

Chris L could move up like Jesse did. However, Jesse was not the favored much of anything. In fact, Jesse as F1 was a major shock.
    The intended F2 Jeremy (according to DeAnna) who became F3 instead was who we all thought would move up instead of either the intended F4 Jason or intended F3 Jesse.
    I am wondering if Chris L's 1-1 date episode is not as relevant since it was his birthday on his date. Do you think that maybe he didn't get a date until then because it was his birthday and not just delayed interest on Ali's part? Thoughts?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3911406;
    I am wondering if Chris L's 1-1 date episode is not as relevant since it was his birthday on his date. Do you think that maybe he didn't get a date until then because it was his birthday and not just delayed interest on Ali's part? Thoughts?
    He may end up F1, but I don't think she had her eye on him from the start.
    The producers may have set the date up on his birthday on purpose, but I think she chose her early dates - eps 2 & 3. That said, I am thinking that originally she was looking at Frank and Roberto.
    She said what she wanted changed, so maybe she changed to Chris as the process went along. I don't know.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan