Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

In terms of songs, didn't they play some of "Circle of Life" at the beginning Lion King montage? Pretty sure they did, when they were showing the actress that plays Rafiki.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3968958;
    You make some great points Blondiegal! Totally plausible, imo. I can see this happening and Roberto still looking good after rejecting Ali because of that reason - He knows she was in love/lust with Frank.
    I know that we look at past edits of the contestants to see how they match up to the current season's contestants. If Roberto does turn Ali down (thinks she is in lust/love with Frank or what not) does his edit in any way resemble Brad's edit from his show? Many, not all, loved Brad until he turned down Jennie and De.

For example, many are saying that we do not know Roberto. Did we know a lot about Brad from his season? Or did what we know was from our preliminary sleuthing?

Just looking at all the dots trying to connect the happy Ali, happy Fleiss, and interesting ending that never happened before. Then again, they could all be lying to us.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3969337;
    One thing we haven't touched upon yet that I think is pretty interesting is that with Ali, unlike other leads, has been shown to be done with a person 1 full week before she lets him go. For example, we all knew she was done with Ty in Turkey but had to keep him till Portugal for numbers. In Portugal, it was obvious she was done with Kirk but now had to keep him till HTDs to have an even 4 men left. This leads me to wonder whether or not next week, we're going to be shown Ali being 'done' with any of the F3. If she is, maybe it'll give us a good idea on who was supposed to be her F2 originally, if Frank didn't bail.

Isn't this a typical editing trick they have to give us reasoning as to why she lets some go while other get to stay. this week was also the week she called Chris a friend and wondered if there was more - there was, therefore he progresses. Kirk and Ty both have to leave - frankly she could've let either one of them go and take the other to HTD - not sure what her deciding factor was - or if it was producer driven.

Frank's edit has definitely been all over the map - he came out like a F1 then all the negativity started when he had to go on group dates and share her and she had to bring him back into focus - if he truly was her F1 then her ability to read people is completely off.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3969673;
    Isn't this a typical editing trick they have to give us reasoning as to why she lets some go while other get to stay. this week was also the week she called Chris a friend and wondered if there was more - there was, therefore he progresses. Kirk and Ty both have to leave - frankly she could've let either one of them go and take the other to HTD - not sure what her deciding factor was - or if it was producer driven.

Frank's edit has definitely been all over the map - he came out like a F1 then all the negativity started when he had to go on group dates and share her and she had to bring him back into focus - if he truly was her F1 then her ability to read people is completely off.
    Maybe because Kirk's Daddy had more stuffed animals than Ty's Daddy.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fanatic

OK... Time to test-drive some theories on the moped...

This is all guess work... no clue how the ending will be.

Each season has its theme. In the past they sometimes used locations: Jen/New York, London Calling, Rome, etc. With Jason's season, there wasn't a specific theme that I'm 100% positive of, but they did push the "prepare for the unexpected/everything is different this time" stuff more than usual. Jillian had "Love Don't Come Easy" and it certainly didn't: with the Final 3 getting dumped twice, the Final 1 leaving and coming back and the star completely exhausted at the end of it. Jake was the "Wings of Love" or whatever... (the song was played in a 1 on 1 date involving the one contestant the producers actually thought could find love on a TV show). Maybe, they were suggesting that the end result of Jake's season had their star pilot on high-in-the-sky "auto-pilot"?

This season is "A Second Chance At Love". For Justin, he tried and failed... his final voice mail in Iceland sounded pretty desperate. Frankie gets one back home, we think. If Roberto isn't final one (as I'm speculating), I certainly hope he does. This leaves us the unless-this-show-is-one-big-put-on Final One.

Ali is sooooooooo scared. She knows she's falling in love, but fears not being loved back. Yes Mr. Harrison, we realize you can't spell Ali's last name but you certainly have that line memorized!

Frank's story is a fog screen for what is actually happening behind the scenes... although Frank almost lets the cat (or Chris' mouse) out of the bag with that key quote at the Blue Lagoon.

The public THINKS that Frank is The One and that is why she "picks nobody".

This is exactly like Wes' "girl-friend-gate"... a fog screen for something else happening last year. Note that everybody with a girlfriend THIS season has been sniffed out and at least two of the two bachelors' girlfriends are being SEEN ON TV.

Sooooooooooooooooooo the Bottom Line: Chris still has Walls.

What everybody here is noticing is that Chris' edit parallels Reid's last summer (deceiving many of us into thinking he is really F3 instead of F1), with everything being said to the cameraman in private interviews and not enough being said to the one who matters. He has no problem discussing his emotions to a "dude" behind the camera just as Reid didn't... which made so many of viewers like Reid so much. (Only Jillian wasn't hearing him!)

This time "the Eddie" (Frank) doesn't come back to upset the apple cart after the All Too Perfect Hometown Date, so Chris can afford to analyze and over-analyze a little longer. (He is a math teacher after all.) Maybe even longer than that... like... maybe... y'know... after the final rose ceremony? When Reid was dumped in Maui, many of us were lead to believe he would come back to realize the whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" schtick that Trista and Ryan discussed in their own finale and manage to give Jillian (if too late) the all-important "L" word. Although Reid's story ended in disaster (cue in Jillian's theme above), don't believe for a second that the producers aren't remembering that season as they edit this one.

So yes... the spoilers are correct. These last weeks or months or whatever are a Test Period and, judging from Ali's perkiness in interviews, somebody must be passing the test. At least there may be a few flashlight alerts outside the windows...

This is all a guess and probably not the case... yeah, watch me be proven wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3970088;

What everybody here is noticing is that Chris' edit parallels Reid's last summer (deceiving many of us into thinking he is really F3 instead of F1), with everything being said to the cameraman in private interviews and not enough being said to the one who matters. He has no problem discussing his emotions to a "dude" behind the camera just as Reid didn't... which made so many of viewers like Reid so much. (Only Jillian wasn't hearing him!)
    Don't you think the walls started coming down on this last episode? Telling her that he knew he had been guarded, but he really wanted her to meet his family, that she made him happy and his family would see this and be happy for him. That he wanted to show her off (giving her a compliment that he thought she was something special). Telling her that he was giving her the bracelet because he liked her a lot and giving it to her had special meaning. Then telling her as they were walking outside that he felt all warm inside and what was that? It seems to me that he told her a lot about how he feels and how comfortable he is around her and that he likes where things are going with them and wants it to continue. That's a lot in my book!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-09-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3970088;

Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;3970111;
    Don't you think the walls started coming down on this last episode? Telling her that he knew he had been guarded, but he really wanted her to meet his family, that she made him happy and his family would see this and be happy for him. That he wanted to show her off (giving her a compliment that he thought she was something special). Telling her that he was giving her the bracelet because he liked her a lot and giving it to her had special meaning. Then telling her as they were walking outside that he felt all warm inside and what was that? It seems to me that he told her a lot about how he feels and how comfortable he is around her and that he likes where things are going with them and wants it to continue. That's a lot in my book!
    The editing that TPTB have given Chris when he is with Ali - and her asking about his mom ALL the time has to be producer driven - they do talk about other things - we have seen a bit of that - but not much - and this crapola about him not opening up - uummm - well - I think that is thrown in there - again producer driven - so that Ali has SOMETHING to say in PI's abot him LOL - too little to late is crapola - there is still alot of time to go with them - she likes him obviously enough to keep him there.........
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-09-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Another great analysis, JBF, and another interesting take. I guess I just get nervous whenever I think I recognize an edit. I still am stuck on why the strong-arm tactic of Frank, why the subtle clues to CL, why the increasing finger-point to RM. It's mind boggling to me, so I'm doubly grateful you take the time to note these things and give your take on them.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3970124;

The editing that TPTB have given Chris when he is with Ali - and her asking about his mom ALL the time has to be producer driven - they do talk about other things - we have seen a bit of that - but not much - and this crapola about him not opening up - uummm - well - I think that is thrown in there - again producer driven - so that Ali has SOMETHING to say in PI's abot him LOL - too little to late is crapola - there is still alot of time to go with them - she likes him obviously enough to keep him there.........
    I agree on the above. If you will notice the "doubts" that Ali expresses about CL and their date are in PI's that are filmed in Tahiti. She makes one reference to "moving slow" in a PI filmed before/after the date (same clothes as date), but all the rest are in Tahiti. Of most significant, IMO, is the PI about not being sure about meeting his family unless the relationship progresses - that was filmed in Tahiti. The piece she says about CL driving the moped slow is followed by a spliced VO "same as our relationship" - total frankenbite.

IMO it's the storyline TPTB want to create for CL, not necessarily how Ali really feels about CL and their relationship.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

I have been PMing with someone who thinks I ought to throw out some of the "edit clues" I talk about - certainly nothing as eloquent as the wonderful analysis everyone is doing. The "edit clues" are those quirky, odd things that some people think just happen, other people think are neat, and I - well - keep my eye on them because they have this way of just, well, repeating.

I have been re-reading the HomeTown descriptions for Matt's seasons on, and Ali's F1 and F2 line up (big surprise....) with DeAnna's.

Jesse who ended up DeAnna's F1 "teaches Deanna to snowboard, but will she conquer her potential in-laws as easily as she learned to snowboard? The Bachelorette attempts to win over Jesse's parents at a nerve-wracking dinner..."

Likewise, Ali faces Roberto's supposedly tough Army Ranger father's question and tries to reassure Roberto's family that she would be a supportive wife.

Jeremy who by DeAnna's own admission was intended to be F2 but ended up as F3 after Graham left is shown meeting DeAnna on a motorcycle (fancy that). "They sit and look at a photo album of his mom, and he reads from her journal. His brothers see how Jeremy has let down his guard. They warn her not to hurt him."

In a similar fashion, Chris and Ali also reminisce about his mom, and his family as well note how vulnerable he is.

*I don't believe they are going to be as "in your face" as Jeremy's brothers were, but it sounds as though these two HTs rather mirror each other to me.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?