Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3940287;
    The thing is now I already see some Chris fans ( don't get me wrong I like Chris too) that are coming up with some sort of reason why Chris was F2. It couldn't be that he was rejected by Ali because Ali just plain and simple didn't feel it for Chris, no it has to be that Chris wanted out and Ali had no choice than to pick Roberto. Sorry but I've seen zero heat between Ali and Chris and tons with Roberto, which seems not to be enough to substain their relationship. It could be very possible that Frank was indeed her F1.
    She must have had some sort of feelings for Chris to bring him all the way to the F3 unless she has no heart at all and just strung him along the whole way . Also I don't see people saying that Chris wanted out they are saying that maybe he knew she wasn't going to choose him
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

The thing is now I already see some Chris fans ( don't get me wrong I like Chris too) that are coming up with some sort of reason why Chris was F2. It couldn't be that he was rejected by Ali because Ali just plain and simple didn't feel it for Chris, no it has to be that Chris wanted out and Ali had no choice than to pick Roberto. Sorry but I've seen zero heat between Ali and Chris and tons with Roberto, which seems not to be enough to substain their relationship. It could be very possible that Frank was indeed her F1.
    I guess there's alot of sweet and endearing moments between CL and Ali. That's what everyone's drawn to.

I really don't see Roberto being that into Ali myself. He seems too polite and cool all the time especially the FIR moment. He doesn't look like he's jumping for joy or even blushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3940301;
    She must have had some sort of feelings for Chris to bring him all the way to the F3 unless she has no heart at all and just strung him along the whole way . Also I don't see people saying that Chris wanted out they are saying that maybe he knew she wasn't going to choose him
    I'm not saying she didn't like Chris, I think she's probably is going to remain friends with Chris after the show, I'm just saying up to date I haven't seen a romantic spark coming from Ali towards Chris. To me she clicked with Roberto and Frank right away in a more intimate way than with Chris. I think Chris was suppose to be the lovable F3. That's what I see from their interactions and body language.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Please bring your comments back into the Editing Realm. Take all speculation about what happened into the Ali Spoiler Thread.

Thank you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3940232;
    Definitely agree. I wanted to be over the moon about their date but I wasn't. I saw some other CL fans expressing the same thing, but remaining hopeful. I watched it over and over and over to see if I was missing something and eventually convinced myself it was a great date, but I was still teetering.

In any event, I would have been happy for Roberto and Ali, but clearly something isn't right with them either.

I have been a Roberto fan from day one but liked Chris too. After the date, I didn't see the connection as I did with Roberto and Frank. If it's not right, it is best to walk away. That ruins my fairytale ending of Roerto and Ali though!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3940165;
    You are right, I'msotired! Let us fill in the blanks ~

Given the release of information perhaps the final 3 have followed the current editing patterns, except when Frank bowed out they had to play musical chairs ~

Frank (probable F1) ~ Questional edit, non-favorite: Vienna, Ed, (Molly), Jesse, Shayne, DeAnna
    Roberto (F2) ~ Good guy/gal and/or purely physical: Tenley, Kip, (Melissa), Jason, Chelsea, Jenni
    Chris L (F3) ~ Fan favorite, heart-warming storyline that does not grow: Gia, Ried, Jillian, Jeremy, Amanda, Bettina
    While I wanted to believe Roberto was her F1, I have always thought Chris was her F3. The F3 always gets a great edit in my opinion. You are great with this analysis.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4;3940253;
    I have seen Roberto as the F1 the minute she gave him the FIR and couldn't even get her words out. Not one thing since then even tempted me to doubt it. Frank's whining and insecurity along with a very "friendly" date with Chris sealed the deal for me at this point in the show. I thought she and Roberto has connection and chemistry that was strong right from the start!
    ITA! I am hoping Roberto rejects her at the FRC and not the other way around! He appears to be a great guy!

About the only edit I believed in the show so far was that of Chris and Roberto being great guys with great faces and great bodies. 3 for 3! I'm assuming the edit will remain that way because they are what they are (as Kiptyn used to say). I hope they'll give us reason to see why Ali made the decision we did. Could be Frank WAS her F1 (which is oh, so foreign to me). But I agree with you, it is what it is, and not what fans want it to be.

P.S. I sort of hesitated to write this, because I keep reminding myself we don't know the last line of this supposed fairy tale. Is it "And they lived happily ever after..." referring to Roberto? Or "And they planned to meet again some day..." Or "And she watched her intended F1 ride off into the sunset..." Too many unknowns.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Does anyone have a link to Jesse C's blog about this week's episode? The reason I'm asking is because suddenly I'm remembering something Jesse C posted about it. At least I think it was him. I thought he said he thought it was very significant that in this week's episode, Ali while getting her hair done hesitated when asked about if the guy for her was on that show. I guess this would've been right before she talked about the 4 guys. He said that if she was hesitating then there was a good chance the real answer was no, no matter what she said.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3939180;
    If RS is right and he usually is, let's look at it from the edit - what we know, what we have discovered in the last couple of days and what we know is to come and see if it tries to indicate this outcome?

We know she supposedly was crazy about Frank's type, hence Frank.
    We know Ali has a problem with insecurities.
    We know that Frank is going to dump her a scant few days before the FRC.

The edit shows us that she and Chris have much in common starting with home states.
    Chris is loving and comes from a loving big family Ali admires.
    Ali admires how Chris has handled the death of his mother.
    (Chis Harrison has lauded Chris L quite frequently (may not be such a good thing on the death of the mother as far as F1 but better as far as next Bachelor. Great back story)

On the flip side from last season we know that Ali left home for whatever reason....will she want to return?
    Ali has indicated in media (which I consider part of edit) that she wants to be on DWTS etc. and other opportunities.

Roberto appears exciting and seems to flip Ali's trigger.
    The experience that they shared on the Lion King, I think, petrified the two of them because the were live on Broadway and most definitely out of their leagues. They bonded.
    However, we know from what we have been told by ABC that Roberto is ambitious and is fairly grounded with his job.

Now to what we have found out in the last couple of days...at this point, Chris and Roberto are neck and neck when we compare the hugging and kissing pictures. Roberto may have the edge because of the Lion King experience.

The jumping off the boat screencap tells me that he is also going to be neck and neck with Chris on the Fantasy Dates; however, neither of them are going to be as close as the screencaps indicate if she picks no one.

Why?

The editing is trying to tell us blatantly what we have wanted to ignore...
    Frank leaving was a staggering blow to Ali. It was so staggering that she chose nobody.

I tend to agree with you on this, although, as I mentioned in another thread this morning, there are more reasons than this than simply Ali really being crazy about Frank.

When I am working with clients who have experienced a devastating break-up; the first thing I do, of course is help them through the grieving process. Once they have a sure footing in that process, it is important to help them sort out if they are devastated by the loss of that specific relationship or because of the rejection, invalidation, betrayal of trust, self doubt about one's own judgment, etc.

As I mentioned this morning, in a recent article, Ali's mom indicated that prior to going on the show she gave Ali a stone with the word "trust" etched in it because of Ali's tendency not to trust her own decisions. Up to this point in the season, we have seen Ali say in more than one PI that she feels confident in her decisions. It may be that when she finds out about Frank whom she feels is digging her is in love with someone else and is leaving, it may leave her questioning herself to the degree that she doesn't feel able to make a decision between her F2.

As far as Frank there have been several reports when Frank has stated that there was no chemistry between Ali and him. I think, for instance, there was a tweet reporting that he said as much at a bar in Chicago. Cash has also indicated that there wasn't any chemistry between them. So I doubt the outcome was because of Ali's feelings about Frank; more likely it was because of her feelings about herself.

That being said, since she didn't choose Chris, I hope she and Roberto are together and that things work out for them.