Page 14 of 387 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3904307;
    As we have noted some things changed significantly with Matt's season, and you brought out that perhaps it was a change in story writers which would make a lot of sense. What you are saying also makes a lot of sense.
    What I noted was that except for Jesse Palmer's Jessie, F1 was NEVER the first one edited out of the limo.
    In real time Melissa was first out, but she was edited too be shown 3rd out.

    Generally, 1rst edited out is going to be attractive and is often F2 or F3 (Kip, Amanda) Likewise, not as much now, but before Matt, the 25th edited person out of the limo was an attention grabber as well - F3 Jeremy, Ian, Trista's Charlie, I think, because that is the last person they see before they go into the house.
    Now, we are getting a different picture. It is an attention grabber, but it is not necessarily because of the person's look but more because of the persona - the guy who is going to do a backflip, Jason's Shannon, etc.

    Why did I ask if the Grapevine clip was the edited version? If it were, and either Roberto or Chris L were the first out of the limo, there would be an excellent chance (based on editing patterns to date) that person was F2 rather than F1.

    I have charted all of the F4s, and typically F2s and F4s come out of this the #6 slot which leads me to believe that at first blush (originally), Chris L was not intended to be F1. Now, he may very well be F1 now, but I don't think going in he was supposed to be.

    He has an original F2 limo exit, F2 1-1 date(4th episode), and his HT was filmed 2nd which is when many of the F2s are filmed.

    If he is F1, I believe that he grew on her, and he especially grew on her after Frank pulled all of his shenanigans.

    On the other hand, Frank, in one of the more middle edited limo positions, also had the first date, I think his HT may have been filmed last or toward the last which mimics the F1, and his weird, quirky storyline has the potential to be controversial enough to follow Vienna's whereas Chris's does not which lead's me to believe Frank was the intended F1 but would not fall in with their plan.
    Last night, I went back all the way to season 11 Brad through season 14 Jake to see in what order the F1-F4 exited the limo on air. I posted it in the Media Thread today because they were talking about it, but it would have been more appropriate to post it here.

    Here are the F1-F4 positions when they exited the limo on air:

    S-11 Brad - DeAnna #11, Jenni #2, Bettina #5, Sheena #1
    S-12 Matt - Shayne #15, Chelsea #5, Amanda #1, Noelle, #25
    S-4 DeAnna - Jessie #8, Jason #6, Jeremy #25, Graham #3
    S-13 Jason - Melissa #3, Molly #16, Jillian #25, Naomi #6
    S-5 Jillian - Ed (Late), Kiptyn #1, Reid (Late), Jesse #15, Michael #8,Jake 5
    S14 Jake - Vienna #11, Tenley #5, Gia #15, Ali #3

    Since Jill had 5 HTDs, I added all of them plus Jake, who was the next bachelor.

    We already know the order Ali's F4 came out of the limo in real time:

    Chris L #6, Roberto #15, Frank #16, Kirk #17.

    I bet TP do not let stand the 15, 16, 17 exiting the limo all in a row like that. I predict they will come out differently than they really did.

    Several of the above #1's and #25's made the F4, but I might go back and see who all the #1's, #15's, #16's & #25's were just for reference. I never thought about those numbers meaning anything. Bloomers, I think you forgot in your list of 25's to mention Jillian, Noelle & Michelle (Jake). I think Jade was #25 in Brad's season. Those were certainly memorable women.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Editing Analysis

    I am on someone else's computer, and carrying quotes from one place to another is always dicey for me anyway. Hopefully, I acknowledge Alexxxx and n46924 correctly from the Media thread about what I think should be an edit answer, so maybe Aries won't shoot me.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alexxxx
    So let me see if I have the story straight on Kasey --

    He does on a 1:1 date in epi 4, is not given a rose, but is asked to stay -- something about Ali wanting to see another side to him.

    Then in the very next episode he goes on a 2:1 and is let go on an glacier, in favor of Justin, who ends up getting kicked to the curb when his gf calls Ali.

    Yeah, I'd say Kasey was being punished in his edit for wanting to go home.
    Another poster, Choosy, has posted after hrtstrings(?) posted about Kasey wanting to go home. Choosy knows Kasey as well and says Kasey really liked Ali and was attracted to her and was hurt when he was sent home.



    (Hope this is right) Quote by n46924

    The sad thing about his departure is he showed Ali his tatoo that night on that 2:1 date and then she sent him home. That had to have hurt, your pride if nothing else.



    Bloomers' thoughts:

    Kasey is by all counts most likely a wonderful young man, but unfortunately I think to Fleiss and Co he is a name and a number.
    We have almost come to blows on this board over storyboards and scripting with people who believe there are such things, people who believe there aren't, and people who think maybe to some extent.
    I am going to lay out some past (editing) progressions and simply let you draw some conclusions.

    Matt's season:
    Holly - 1-1 in the 3rd Ep receives a rose with hesitation on Matt's part.
    She is let go in the 2-1 during 4th Ep.

    DeAnna's Season:
    Robert - gets a group rose during 3rd Ep.
    Gets cut with Fred on the 2-1 during 4th Ep
    Sean gets the group rose on the 4h Ep.
    Gets a 1-1 date on the 5th Ep but goes home at the RC.

    Jillian's Season:
    Ep. 2 group rose goes to Mike
    Mike is cut on the 2-l date with Mark in the 4th Ep.
    Group rose to Jesse in Ep.4; Jesse gets 1-1 in Ep.5

    Jake's Season:
    Ep. 2 Beth gets a group rose
    Ep.3 Beth gets cut at the RC
    Ep. 3 Ella gets a 1-1 rose
    Ep. 4 Ella gets cut on a 2-1
    Ep. 5 Corrie has a 1-1 but gets cut at the RC

    Now here is what we think is going to happen with Ali's season:

    Ep2 Jesse gets a 1-1
    Jesse leaves Ep.4
    Ep. 4 Kasey gets a 1-1
    Kasey leaves on a 2-1 with Justin in Ep. 5
    Ep. 5 group rose to Tyler B (2nd one)
    Ep.6 Tyler B 1-1
    Ep. 7 Tyler B leaves
    Last edited by Bloomers; 05-16-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3904930;
    Last night, I went back all the way to season 11 Brad through season 14 Jake to see in what order the F1-F4 exited the limo on air. I posted it in the Media Thread today because they were talking about it, but it would have been more appropriate to post it here.

    Here are the F1-F4 positions when they exited the limo on air:

    S-11 Brad - DeAnna #11, Jenni #2, Bettina #5, Sheena #1
    S-12 Matt - Shayne #15, Chelsea #5, Amanda #1, Noelle, #25
    S-4 DeAnna - Jessie #8, Jason #6, Jeremy #25, Graham #3
    S-13 Jason - Melissa #3, Molly #16, Jillian #25, Naomi #6
    S-5 Jillian - Ed (Late), Kiptyn #1, Reid (Late), Jesse #15, Michael #8,Jake 5
    S14 Jake - Vienna #11, Tenley #5, Gia #15, Ali #3

    Since Jill had 5 HTDs, I added all of them plus Jake, who was the next bachelor.

    We already know the order Ali's F4 came out of the limo in real time:

    Chris L #6, Roberto #15, Frank #16, Kirk #17.

    I bet TP do not let stand the 15, 16, 17 exiting the limo all in a row like that. I predict they will come out differently than they really did.

    Several of the above #1's and #25's made the F4, but I might go back and see who all the #1's, #15's, #16's & #25's were just for reference. I never thought about those numbers meaning anything. Bloomers, I think you forgot in your list of 25's to mention Jillian, Noelle & Michelle (Jake). I think Jade was #25 in Brad's season. Those were certainly memorable women.


    I think you are absolutely right, and how in the world could I have forgotten at #25 the memorable F1 Jerry?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  4. #134
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3905024;
    I think you are absolutely right, and how in the world could I have forgotten at #25 the memorable F1 Jerry?
    A F1 has come out at #25 once and #1 once therefore anything can happen this season!!

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey carriealexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3905046;
    A F1 has come out at #25 once and #1 once therefore anything can happen this season!!
    I think that we will be thrown for a loop more then once this season with Fleiss's editing

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3905046;
    A F1 has come out at #25 once and #1 once therefore anything can happen this season!!
    I wouldn't be surprised at an F1 coming out at #25, but I would be surprised at #1. However, the trend seems to have turned in the last few seasons to spotlighting the dramatic: Michelle, Jason the flipper, Shannon...
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3904998;
    I am on someone else's computer, and carrying quotes from one place to another is always dicey for me anyway. Hopefully, I acknowledge Alexxxx and n46924 correctly from the Media thread about what I think should be an edit answer, so maybe Aries won't shoot me.




    Now here is what we think is going to happen with Ali's season:

    Ep2 Jesse gets a 1-1
    Jesse leaves Ep.4
    Ep. 4 Kasey gets a 1-1
    Kasey leaves on a 2-1 with Justin in Ep. 5
    Ep. 5 group rose to Tyler B (2nd one)
    Ep.6 Tyler B 1-1
    Ep. 7 Tyler B leaves
    I was wondering what happened with Jesse. Curious.

  8. #138
    East Coaster Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3905046;
    A F1 has come out at #25 once and #1 once therefore anything can happen this season!!
    Ian , also came out at #25, so it has happened twice.

  9. #139
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3905126;
    Ian , also came out at #25, so it has happened twice.
    Oh really? I didn't know that. I hadn't watched that season, so thanks for letting me know. It definately can happen again then.

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Brought over from Media thread because answer applies to edit imo :


    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3905290;
    Chris H. also keeps saying about Chris L. that it is his time to have a chance at life and find love...maybe eluding to the fact that he doesn't find it here, but maybe he will when he is the new bachelor? I don't know. He's always mentioned by Chris H. But anything can happen this season. I still think Chris L. is the winner. lol
    Sanlee, there are a couple of ways to think about this. One is that maybe Fleiss and Co has gotten its quota of reality flash and trash in the two scandals (Justin and Frank), so they allow the "good guy" Chris L to win (F1) which is what the fans have been clamoring for the last few seasons.....OR Chris L is being set up simply as too good of a guy for the current trend of F1. Fleiss likes his F1 to be quite ragged around the edges, and it doesn't sound like this guy is that at all. Therefore, she picks the other guy ( who may not be bad), but shocks the viewing audience when she doesn't pick the "good guy" (Tenley, Chelsey, Jason, Kip). The editing is already going into place for the "good guy" image of Chris L.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.