Page 13 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

FORT Fan

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3902923;
    Yep. She said Ed was the type Jill always went for.
    Looking back at Jillian's season, I think Ed was her type and "on her list". She also referred to Wes as being her type. I believe she was referring to Reid when she said she could "throw out that list". She even told him he wasn't "on her list" and she referred to him in a PI in Spain as being, "Not the guy I see myself with...but there is just something about Reid..."
    So, basically, I think she kept her list and went with Ed. He wasn't my favorite last season, but they seem to be happy and headed to the altar, so I say, "Congratulations!" to them.
    As for Ali...in her interview on Grapvine, she spelled out that humor and quirkiness, NOT looks were on her list. So, we'll get to see if she threw out her list this season or ended up checking it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3902975;
    I think that we also need to see what kind of personality that Chris has. Is he going to be outgoing enough for her? Will he be able to make her laugh? Laughter seems to be at the top of her list. But is it a deal breaker if either Chris or Roberto tend to be more on the serious side? Judging from what little I have heard about Chris, I tend to think that he could be a little more serious, but maybe it is his devotion to his dying mother that is swaying me on this. I am hoping that they don't edit him as all "doom and gloom".

I do agree that many past Bachelors/Bachelorettes do tend to throw out the lists at the end. It is interesting that Roberto is in the F2, since she has kept saying that looks are not important to her. Will those looks end up being his downfall?
    She says that looks are not important to her...that means looks, neither good nor not so good, will really sway her. If she really has a connection to someone, she's going to go for it, whether they're the "nerd" or the great looking guy. She's more concerned about personality & she did say that she had to be attracted to them.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3903036;
    She says that looks are not important to her...that means looks, neither good nor not so good, will really sway her. If she really has a connection to someone, she's going to go for it, whether they're the "nerd" or the great looking guy. She's more concerned about personality & she did say that she had to be attracted to them.
    Good point. I had not looked at it that way. In the end the "connection" to the guy most likely will be the deciding factor.

Whoa.... just because Wes was Jillian's "type" does not mean his qualities were on her list. Your list guy is dream guy, the one you SHOULD marry... type guy is the guy you always end up going for but never get married to... BIG difference.

I only said Kip because of their bench conversation in Vancouver when he first told her about all his charity work and she said that was exactly what she wanted...

(Ed aside) Kip is a list guy aka guy who on paper you think is perfect... Wes is type guy aka guy you always date but always breaks your heart.

Don't get me started on Ed ... he left, went home to hook up with his gf, then came back... I don't think those things are on anyone's list. I still say list guy was Kip and she threw it out the window for Ed.

Just the musings of a pregnant, very hormonal, woman.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3903183;
    Whoa.... just because Wes was Jillian's "type" does not mean his qualities were on her list. Your list guy is dream guy, the one you SHOULD marry... type guy is the guy you always end up going for but never get married to... BIG difference.

I only said Kip because of their bench conversation in Vancouver when he first told her about all his charity work and she said that was exactly what she wanted...

(Ed aside) Kip is a list guy aka guy who on paper you think is perfect... Wes is type guy aka guy you always date but always breaks your heart.

Don't get me started on Ed ... he left, went home to hook up with his gf, then came back... I don't think those things are on anyone's list. I still say list guy was Kip and she threw it out the window for Ed.

Just the musings of a pregnant, very hormonal, woman.
    And Reid was the guy "not on the list" who totally caught her off guard when she had feelings for him. She was in totally unknown territory with Reid, on so many fronts, and didn't know how to handle it. Ed was way more familiar and a much safer choice for her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3903198;
    And Reid was the guy "not on the list" who totally caught her off guard when she had feelings for him. She was in totally unknown territory with Reid, on so many fronts, and didn't know how to handle it. Ed was way more familiar and a much safer choice for her.
    Agree.

Could we please stay within the comparison of the show edit parameters? Discussing each Bach/ette's list of sought after attributes rarely plays into the end game except as a negative; and I don't think a comparison of lists tells anything about the edit of the show.

What I have found interesting in edit comparisons is tagging one of the bachelors with the adrenalin date in week three. Comparison shows that is an important date and one to watch for in the edit of the show.

Other edit tip points that can't be known until the show airs:

Who is shown in conversation at the meet and greet (other than for drama)
    Who receives the "romantic guitar" music particular to the F1
    Who is receiving the "good guy" rather than "bad guy" edit. From comparison, F1 may be shown as slightly tarnished.

These questions and all the other EDIT questions can't be answered until the episodes begin airing on 5/24. Have patience and please keep contestant and speculation talk in their appropriate threads.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3901194;
    Do ya'll remember the order from last season? Wasn't Vienna edited to come out at #15? It will be interesting to see if Chris L. is edited to come out later than his original # out of the limo.
    FYI, so that we have this info once the show starts, Vienna came out at #11 and it was Gia who came out at #15.

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3904258;
    I remember reading from the past that they want the numbers 1, 15, 16 and 25 positions reserved for those that the audience will remember. At least in the past the 15 and 16 is the commercial break point, so the #15 spot is the last one to be seen before the commercial and the #16 spot the first one after the commercial. Sometimes they cannot get around editing who is #1 and #25 because of what is said between the star and the contestant. For example, "I am the first one" or "I am the last one."
    As we have noted some things changed significantly with Matt's season, and you brought out that perhaps it was a change in story writers which would make a lot of sense. What you are saying also makes a lot of sense.
    What I noted was that except for Jesse Palmer's Jessie, F1 was NEVER the first one edited out of the limo.
    In real time Melissa was first out, but she was edited too be shown 3rd out.

Generally, 1rst edited out is going to be attractive and is often F2 or F3 (Kip, Amanda) Likewise, not as much now, but before Matt, the 25th edited person out of the limo was an attention grabber as well - F3 Jeremy, Ian, Trista's Charlie, I think, because that is the last person they see before they go into the house.
    Now, we are getting a different picture. It is an attention grabber, but it is not necessarily because of the person's look but more because of the persona - the guy who is going to do a backflip, Jason's Shannon, etc.

Why did I ask if the Grapevine clip was the edited version? If it were, and either Roberto or Chris L were the first out of the limo, there would be an excellent chance (based on editing patterns to date) that person was F2 rather than F1.

I have charted all of the F4s, and typically F2s and F4s come out of this the #6 slot which leads me to believe that at first blush (originally), Chris L was not intended to be F1. Now, he may very well be F1 now, but I don't think going in he was supposed to be.

He has an original F2 limo exit, F2 1-1 date(4th episode), and his HT was filmed 2nd which is when many of the F2s are filmed.

If he is F1, I believe that he grew on her, and he especially grew on her after Frank pulled all of his shenanigans.

On the other hand, Frank, in one of the more middle edited limo positions, also had the first date, I think his HT may have been filmed last or toward the last which mimics the F1, and his weird, quirky storyline has the potential to be controversial enough to follow Vienna's whereas Chris's does not which lead's me to believe Frank was the intended F1 but would not fall in with their plan.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3904307;
    As we have noted some things changed significantly with Matt's season, and you brought out that perhaps it was a change in story writers which would make a lot of sense. What you are saying also makes a lot of sense.
    What I noted was that except for Jesse Palmer's Jessie, F1 was NEVER the first one edited out of the limo.
    In real time Melissa was first out, but she was edited too be shown 3rd out.

Generally, 1rst edited out is going to be attractive and is often F2 or F3 (Kip, Amanda) Likewise, not as much now, but before Matt, the 25th edited person out of the limo was an attention grabber as well - F3 Jeremy, Ian, Trista's Charlie, I think, because that is the last person they see before they go into the house.
    Now, we are getting a different picture. It is an attention grabber, but it is not necessarily because of the person's look but more because of the persona - the guy who is going to do a backflip, Jason's Shannon, etc.

Why did I ask if the Grapevine clip was the edited version? If it were, and either Roberto or Chris L were the first out of the limo, there would be an excellent chance (based on editing patterns to date) that person was F2 rather than F1.

I have charted all of the F4s, and typically F2s and F4s come out of this the #6 slot which leads me to believe that at first blush (originally), Chris L was not intended to be F1. Now, he may very well be F1 now, but I don't think going in he was supposed to be.

He has an original F2 limo exit, F2 1-1 date(4th episode), and his HT was filmed 2nd which is when many of the F2s are filmed.

If he is F1, I believe that he grew on her, and he especially grew on her after Frank pulled all of his shenanigans.

On the other hand, Frank, in one of the more middle edited limo positions, also had the first date, I think his HT may have been filmed last or toward the last which mimics the F1, and his weird, quirky storyline has the potential to be controversial enough to follow Vienna's whereas Chris's does not which lead's me to believe Frank was the intended F1 but would not fall in with their plan.
    I totally agree on this post, I have been noticing the same patters aswell....brilliant post!