Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3932486;
    Those are scripted shows. This is scripted, but not THAT scripted.
    Oh LOL, no, I was just explaining what safe vs. dangerous was and used those as examples.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I wonder though if Chris will be able to express his feelings to Ali. Remember his PI about when you put yourself out there there's always a chance you could get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by MsIdol;3932491;
    Yeah. I wish we could have seen it, but my guess is that Chris L is final 1 and that game was maybe too telling. I can't see why they would cut out the game in the final edit unless they were trying to hide something (my guess is how great it went).
    Better than cooing and murmuring at the first sight of Roberto and falling into his arms in full view of all the other guys? I like CL too but sometimes I think the audience just sees/thinks what they want to regardless of what's being shown.

I experienced this last year. Jillian was screaming "I want Ed's children!" and I kept thinking "they're hiding Reid. Why?"
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Safe is not letting Ali's insecurities get the best of her. But all this is a moot point anyway because in the end Ali went for someone who treated her with respect. To me that could mean, giving her the time she needed when she was sick and stressed out from the show and caring enough about her to not whine and complain that your date was cut short. Or maybe consoling her in Tahiti when she felt she was at her lowest point.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsIdol;3932491;
    Yeah. I wish we could have seen it, but my guess is that Chris L is final 1 and that game was maybe too telling. I can't see why they would cut out the game in the final edit unless they were trying to hide something (my guess is how great it went).
    I have a theory. You know, the flipcup game probably happened while the Justin/Roberto/everybody else drama was going on in the living room. Chris and Ali may have been alone. Maybe they made a friendly bet. You know, if I win, I get a kiss. If you win, you get a kiss. Win-win! Maybe their first kiss happened then, and TPTB don't want to show that they're that smitten with each other until their 1:1 tomorrow night.

It could happen, right?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932465;
    To me, "safe" is the guy who you know is going to propose and give a commitment but you're not in love with. The other choice is usually a bit of a wildcard and all excitement. You're in love with him but you never know how it's all going to pan out with him.

Not sure if you've ever seen Sex and the City but Carrie has this dilemma with Aidan (safe and dependable) and Big (dangerous playboy). Or in Grey's Anatomy way back when, when Meredith is choosing between Finn (boring but solid) and Derek (her boss with a wife).

I think in this case CL is called safe because he's pretty vocal about already melting for her plus we know his caregiving roots so we're assuming he'll be there for Ali too.
    The thing is that all the guys are vocal about wanting Ali at this point. I don't see much difference among them at the moment, with the exception of Frank who is appearing to be extra jealous. The guys are pretty much all gushing over Ali. I don't see how Chris L is anymore safe than the others at this point. Maybe that is where the narrative eventually goes, but at the moment I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932498;
    Better than cooing and murmuring at the first sight of Roberto and falling into his arms in full view of all the other guys? I like CL too but sometimes I think the audience just sees/thinks what they want to regardless of what's being shown.

I experienced this last year. Jillian was screaming "I want Ed's children!" and I kept thinking "they're hiding Reid. Why?"
    Pretty much sums up how I was last time too. Perhaps Ali will say I want Roberto's kids, and we'll just know hahahahaha!!
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Could be, but we know they are hiding certain interactions of Ali/Chris...the BNL date, flip cup. They did the same in De's season when Jesse was F1. I don't know if Reid is a good comparison. At least I don't remember hearing of time that was purposely hidden from the viewers re Reid. This season could be easily comparable to Ryan/Trista. Maybe they're taking the more subtle approach with the F1 this edit around...or maybe not
    Team Channy and Shawny.

I think Arieflies posted it, Rob is in your face edit while Chris is the elusive one. What that means now is anyone's guess. Does it do a flip and Chris is the F1 or is Rob the F1 which would be too obvious. Are we really reading too much into this or what?
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Not in the first three episodes. Later on, yeah, it was evident. Ed wasn't shown NEAR as much as Kip or even Wes for that matter.