Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3932310;
    Well not all of us. I don't see this date as a cliff hanger at all. Nor do I think it will be any indication that Chris will not end up F1 if they don't show them getting all hot and heavy as several feel. I think we are just going to see more subtle signs of Ali and Chris's growing relationship. I am just going to sit back and enjoy whatever they give us. There is a connection there, and it's growing every time we see them together.
    I'm with you on this, chaslom. I know why I want Chris as one of the F2. I'd like to see pretty soon why Ali wants Chris as one of the F2.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3932336;
    I'm with you on this, chaslom. I know why I want Chris as one of the F2. I want to see now why Ali wants Chris as one of the F2.
    Thank you. I'm in love with CL- call me if you're reading this, CL! But I also wanted to marry Reid and Jeremy before him.

Our feelings- the collective 'our' as in the audience- don't matter. Only Ali's and frankly as I said in the other thread, I see a lot of talking about the Cape and CL's mom but nothing about how much Ali likes the guy. Yet, anyway.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3932036;
    I think some people are mistaking personality for feelings when it comes to the 2 guys. Chris L is an effusive type guy that's his personality period coupled with general emotion set around his mother and moving on since her loss. Whether it's about getting to travel as they'll show in tomorrow's episode or about his feelings for Ali he is an effusive type guy. He'll get teary, be exhuberant, "melt", etc. Whatever his feelings are, whatever level they are at he'll be exhuberant. He came in half in love and was melting without even having a significant date. For all the comments of them hiding Chris' time together both Chris & Ali have both commented on hardly sepending time together or knowing much beyond the Mass connection, family, & mom's death. Yet, Chris is over the moon. And speaking of confidence he has major confidence that even with so little time he's making it to the F4. Ali likes him but is not on the same level as him yet.

Roberto is a laid back guy with quiet confidence. However, that quiet confidence is in himself not in his relationship with Ali. Roberto carries himself well and is at ease with who he is as a person. He's just concerned with being real and himself and hoping that Ali likes it. If people put aside his looks and really see what he says and how he presents himself they will see this. He presents this himself. He's just laid back about it because that's his personality.

When Roberto was with Ali in the premiere he told her how beautiful & gorgeous she was multiple times & in a pre-m&g PI. When, she came to get him for the 1st impression rose he was hoping but didn't expect he was going to get it. When he did he saw it as a confirmation that she at least felt the initial connection he felt. When she was nervous and bashful over giving the rose he remained calm and comforting to calm her down. That's his personality and frankly what you need when someone is fawning over you like that. Ali recognises this in Roberto's personality as she commented on the E interview during their rooftop date.

When they were on their rooftop date, Roberto acted the same humble way when she was complimenting him then. She told him they had a good connection and he replied "good I was going to ask you". When she was cuddling with him and stating that she can tell if she can be with a guy by how they cuddle, he asked her how it felt with him. After she gave him the rose and they kissed, he asked her to please not forget this time they shared and how she felt, because he wouldn't. When it came to the Frank situation he was calm about it because it's the nature of the show. When it came to Justin, he approached her about it calmly because he felt they had reached that comfort level where he could do so. He expressed how Ali's eyes captivated him and what that meant. He also had the statement about the sunsets. Roberto has shown interest, and concern about Ali's interest in him. He's simply done it in a calm laid back way because that's his personality. He will never be the exhuberant over the top emotional guy like Chris because that's not his personality. Him being laid back, however, does not negate his feelings or make Chris L's feelings more valid than Roberto's. His looks and that he could have other pretty women doesn't either. jmo

Bravo...Bravo...you so eloquently summed up the statements, feelings and emotions of Robli's date so much better than I have done. Wonderful post. Thank you....beautifully stated.
    Karey

FORT Newbie

I've read some posts where people are saying that Chris L is the "safe" choice. I just don't see it and am wondering why people think this. I don't think the edit is pointing to this at all, especially since we have not seen very much interaction between Ali and Chris. Chris is a great catch...and I just don't see this "safe" edit in the way Matt was during Meredith's season or Jeremy from Deanna's season. Anyone else agree with me on this?

I also think we need to see more to determine which of Chris L or Roberto makes her most giddy. Editing can totally mess with that. For example, the game of flip cup that Ali and Chris played was cut out. I'd be willing to bet that there was a tonne of laughter and giggles between Chris and Ali on this one. If he is final 1, they would want to hide that because it would make things too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MsIdol;3932460;
    I've read some posts where people are saying that Chris L is the "safe" choice. I just don't see it and am wondering why people think this. I don't think the edit is pointing to this at all, especially since we have not seen very much interaction between Ali and Chris. Chris is a great catch...and I just don't see this "safe" edit in the way Matt was during Meredith's season or Jeremy from Deanna's season. Anyone else agree with me on this?

I also think we need to see more to determine which of Chris L or Roberto makes her most giddy. Editing can totally mess with that. For example, the game of flip cup that Ali and Chris played was cut out. I'd be willing to bet that there was a tonne of laughter and giggles between Chris and Ali on this one. If he is final 1, they would want to hide that because it would make things too obvious.
    To me, "safe" is the guy who you know is going to propose and give a commitment but you're not in love with. The other choice is usually a bit of a wildcard and all excitement. You're in love with him but you never know how it's all going to pan out with him.

Not sure if you've ever seen Sex and the City but Carrie has this dilemma with Aidan (safe and dependable) and Big (dangerous playboy). Or in Grey's Anatomy way back when, when Meredith is choosing between Finn (boring but solid) and Derek (her boss with a wife).

I think in this case CL is called safe because he's pretty vocal about already melting for her plus we know his caregiving roots so we're assuming he'll be there for Ali too.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by MsIdol;3932460;

I agree. I think the whole way Ali gave him his rose, with Chris kind of sheepishly walking up to her and Ali giggling, was a lot in part due to whatever went on during that game of flip cup. I wish we could have seen it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3932468;
    I agree. I think the whole way Ali gave him his rose, with Chris kind of sheepishly walking up to her and Ali giggling, was a lot in part due to whatever went on during that game of flip cup. I wish we could have seen it as well.
    I always wondered why they didn't show the flipcup game, but they decided to show Ali and Roberto playing baseball (short). You think the flipcup game took too long?

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

This is probably way late in the discussion and you've probably covered all of this before....I just watched episode #3 and have a few observations:

I think Justin's editing is deliberate - he said he plays the villian in his wrestling. He was hired for this role. I also think Ali is aware that certain people are cast for certain roles - because I think she was. The girlfriends calling Ali - total set-up. I think Justin wants to be an actor and is trying to further his career.

Roberto I think was cast to be the next Bachelor - Fleiss needs some new blood - why not a Latino with Latina bachelorettes - that will provide a lot of spice for the next show - a lot of drama.

Fred - does not like competition and I think he chickened out when felt he wasn't going to be the final one - he needed to come out a "winner" so he hooked up w/ the ex girlfriend. All at the producer's prodding.

Just my 2 cents.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932465;
    To me, "safe" is the guy who you know is going to propose and give a commitment but you're not in love with. The other choice is usually a bit of a wildcard and all excitement. You're in love with him but you never know how it's all going to pan out with him.

Not sure if you've ever seen Sex and the City but Carrie has this dilemma with Aidan (safe and dependable) and Big (dangerous playboy). Or in Grey's Anatomy way back when, when Meredith is choosing between Finn (boring but solid) and Derek (her boss with a wife).

I think in this case CL is called safe because he's pretty vocal about already melting for her plus we know his caregiving roots so we're assuming he'll be there for Ali too.
    Those are scripted shows. This is scripted, but not THAT scripted.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3932468;
    Yeah. I wish we could have seen it, but my guess is that Chris L is final 1 and that game was maybe too telling. I can't see why they would cut out the game in the final edit unless they were trying to hide something (my guess is how great it went).