Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3932248;
    We have to wait until tommorow night to see if there is any hot, physical chemistry going on with Chris and Ali (and I think we will see it, no doubt.) When we do, he will have everything, he'll be perfect. They'll have to come up with something for us to doubt.
    I'm scared to say this because we've seen it before and it's not so pretty, but he can be the dreaded "safety/best friend" guy. He's so darn gorgeous and sexy I can't see it and I'll be sad if that's what they go with but that is the only plausible edit I can see for him right now
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3932251;
    But having her be "sick" makes it easy for them to delay the heat even further.
    Maybe so ZulaMay, but I still think we will see some good stuff tommorow. Maybe not, I'm hoping we do though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932253;
    I'm scared to say this because we've seen it before and it's not so pretty, but he can be the dreaded "safety/best friend" guy. He's so darn gorgeous and sexy I can't see it and I'll be sad if that's what they go with but that is the only plausible edit I can see for him right now
    I don't see safety/best friend guy with Chris at all. Ali talks to him in a very flirty way. She hangs on his every word. She's always asking to know more about him. They're always close, touching in some way. They are usually laughing, which she says is very important to her. She just doesn't look at him like she does Hunter, Jonathan, Craig, all those other guys. I don't see Chris anywhere near the friend zone. She's busy getting into his head right now, getting to know him. She already knows how HOT he is. Pretty soon she'll give herself up to his 6'3", gorgeous, bear-hugging, considerate self.

Mental foreplay is the best kind, right?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Seeing as Chris has been hidden in regards to Ali - I am going to be optimisitic - but also realistic about what we see tomorrow night - I won't be surprised if TPTB give them a short date - would LOVE to see alot of their date - but may have to settle - but that said - it will be the little things - the nuances - between them that will be important - may or may not be a kiss - and - if there is one - a peck - or a wonderful slow romantic one - which will we get - or none at all - we shall have to wait and see - and seeing it from where we are - compared to the general public - is going to be completely different I suspect - will be interesting to see where Chris comes out in the pile tomorrow night.........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3932248;
    We have to wait until tommorow night to see if there is any hot, physical chemistry going on with Chris and Ali (and I think we will see it, no doubt.) When we do, he will have everything, he'll be perfect. They'll have to come up with something for us to doubt. But what?

Although we as viewers see how much Chris likes Ali, maybe it will be hard for him to open up and tell her how he feels. Maybe tommorow we will see that and the viewers will wonder if it will be too little too late for him, but then in the end he finally lets her know? I have no idea! Tommorow may help us out a little bit.

I think tomorrow night is going to be akin to a cliff hanger for all of us on this thread ....hoping to see the "romance" between Chris and Ali. You guys just know that I will be smiling and thinking of you'll while watching.

That being said, the Episode Description definitely mention "romantic evening" which I trust. So here's to the begining of a Romantic story for Chris and Ali.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3932287;
    I think tomorrow night is going to be akin to a cliff hanger for all of us on this thread ....hoping to see the "romance" between Chris and Ali. You guys just know that I will be smiling and thinking of you'll while watching.

That being said, the Episode Description definitely mention "romantic evening" which I trust. So here's to the begining of a Romantic story for Chris and Ali.
    Plus no more mentions of his mom after their initial talk in her pajamas. Otherwise, if that becomes his "theme," it's going to be a pity edit and those never win.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932293;
    Plus no more mentions of his mom after their initial talk in her pajamas. Otherwise, if that becomes his "theme," it's going to be a pity edit and those never win.
    Yeah that too. The preview did show this discussion though so we can surely expect a conversation about that but hopefully its limited to those few seconds and then not brought up again.

Incidentally does anyone know the Screen time length of hers and Robertos 1 on 1 date ? It maybe worth comparing how much screen time Chris L gets tomorrow ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3932299;
    Yeah that too. The preview did show this discussion though so we can surely expect a conversation about that but hopefully its limited to those few seconds and then not brought up again.

Incidentally does anyone know the Screen time length of hers and Robertos 1 on 1 date ? It maybe worth comparing how much screen time Chris L gets tomorrow ?
    I don't remember exactly, but I do think that his was shorter than Frank's the previous week.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932293;
    Oh please, after the initial discussion about mom, no more, at least in the edit that MF gives us. Otherwise, it will sound a lot like Tenley and her ex vs. Chris L and his mom.

Also, when rewatching Roberto's 1 on 1 date, did you notice that in Ali's PI that she mirrored the almost exact same words as Jake did after his bungie jump with Vienna. About her "first kiss" with Roberto - Jake said the almost same line when he talked about his "first kiss" with Vienna - the only words missing in Ali's response was "31 years. I do think we need some new writers. Those of us who are on the boards and watch the series each year remember these trite phrases that the writers try to put on us. Take notice MF.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3932287;

Well not all of us. I don't see this date as a cliff hanger at all. Nor do I think it will be any indication that Chris will not end up F1 if they don't show them getting all hot and heavy as several feel. I think we are just going to see more subtle signs of Ali and Chris's growing relationship. I am just going to sit back and enjoy whatever they give us. There is a connection there, and it's growing every time we see them together.