Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #1091
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Ahhhhhhh Nikkij and Bloomers. I suspect you're both 100% correct. Thanks. It was irritating the heck out of me.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  2. #1092
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3932198;
    SC's not around - my jist on it is that because of what we know happens at F3 - they sure don't want to give any of that away - and remember too - there comes a time that the SC's are out there - and there is always 1 of the guys/gals being left out with no SC's - I expect that to happen this time- or be made to believe that - of course we know differently because Frank leaves

    It is still early in the season for alot more SC's to be given to us
    I could see SC of FD/LD being held for usual reasons and to camouflage who leaves at F3. Chris L's SC would be the ones most likely hidden because he's the one hair wise and skin tone wise who comes close to matching Frank. Roberto's hair is to dark. Ironically, though Roberto is the one hidden when it comes to the LD/FD SC. The one we have his head is cut out of & another at too great a distance. While we have the sunset SC of Chris while in shadow is clearly him.

  3. #1093
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Editing Analysis

    It's not the insecurity she doesn't remember, actually most people who are insecure dont' even realize it - what she didn't remember was saying that she wondered if she was good enough/pretty enough for Roberto. We have to remember that this PI was used to play into her insecurities and her conflict/resolution storyline with Roberto - it was small and forgetable to her, but huge to their storyline.
    I agree. Ali doesn't know how the edits will go right?

    Is it possible that it's edited to look that way, but in reality, Ali never really did feel that way? About her not being good enough for him. The viewers are just supposed to think that is the case because it's part of a storyline? Is that what you think?

  4. #1094
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3932219;
    I agree. Ali doesn't know how the edits will go right?

    Is it possible that it's edited to look that way, but in reality, Ali never really did feel that way? About her not being good enough for him. The viewers are just supposed to think that is the case because it's part of a storyline? Is that what you think?
    That is what I said: it is a bunch of hooey. She is the Bachelorette. She has 25 guys who came on her show (for whatever reason) trying to win her in the end. Of course she is good enough.

    No wonder she didn't remember that line of reasoning. Geez-louise..
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  5. #1095
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Editing Analysis

    I just rewatched part of the first episode and noticed something. Aside from what has already been pointed out - that Chris is the one on screen at the end of one sequence where she talks about the happy ending - I also noticed the parallels in their intros. Ali is on the beach, at one point standing on a life guard stand and looking out onto the ocean. Chris is on that stone lighthouse thing, also standing and looking out onto the ocean. They are at about the same height.

    During the preview, at the end, Roberto says "I know I could make Ali happy." Chris basically says "I love Ali and I want to spend the rest of my life with her." Interesting difference in approaches.

  6. #1096
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,112

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3932226;
    That is what I said: it is a bunch of hooey. She is the Bachelorette. She has 25 guys who came on her show (for whatever reason) trying to win her in the end. Of course she is good enough.

    No wonder she didn't remember that line of reasoning. Geez-louise..
    They should have filled her in that that's the storyline they're going with this season. CH mentions it every chance he gets.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  7. #1097
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3932226;
    That is what I said: it is a bunch of hooey. She is the Bachelorette. She has 25 guys who came on her show (for whatever reason) trying to win her in the end. Of course she is good enough.

    No wonder she didn't remember that line of reasoning. Geez-louise..
    Thanks for your opinion Bloomers! Ali is smart enough to choose the guy that's right for her. If along the way she feels that Roberto is not there for her (only into himself like some people say), she wouldn't take him all the way to the end and choose him. She'll choose the other guy.

  8. #1098
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3932229;
    They should have filled her in that that's the storyline they're going with this season. CH mentions it every chance he gets.
    Ha. Perfect.

    Basically, we need to watch for what TPTB are trying to tell us. They spend so much time editing everything that they're not doing anything arbitrarily.

    So this is what we've seen so far as far as the SLs for both of the F2:

    Roberto is sexy, perfect, etc. but Ali is really insecure.

    CL is a really great guy, they have a lot in common but so far no time with Ali and nothing physical going on.

    We also need to keep in mind where Frank fits in here. The guy she has always wanted coming in to screw her over in the end. Do they want us to think he's the original F1?

    So what SLs can they come up with that fit for either CL or Roberto to be the F1?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #1099
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3932244;
    Ha. Perfect.

    Basically, we need to watch for what TPTB are trying to tell us. They spend so much time editing everything that they're not doing anything arbitrarily.

    So this is what we've seen so far as far as the SLs for both of the F2:

    Roberto is sexy, perfect, etc. but Ali is really insecure.

    CL is a really great guy, they have a lot in common but so far no time with Ali and nothing physical going on.

    We also need to keep in mind where Frank fits in here. The guy she has always wanted coming in to screw her over in the end. Do they want us to think he's the original F1?

    So what SLs can they come up with that fit for either CL or Roberto to be the F1?
    We have to wait until tommorow night to see if there is any hot, physical chemistry going on with Chris and Ali (and I think we will see it, no doubt.) When we do, he will have everything, he'll be perfect. They'll have to come up with something for us to doubt. But what?

    Although we as viewers see how much Chris likes Ali, maybe it will be hard for him to open up and tell her how he feels. Maybe tommorow we will see that and the viewers will wonder if it will be too little too late for him, but then in the end he finally lets her know? I have no idea! Tommorow may help us out a little bit.

  10. #1100
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Editing Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3932248;
    We have to wait until tommorow night to see if there is any hot, physical chemistry going on with Chris and Ali (and I think we will see it, no doubt.) When we do, he will have everything, he'll be perfect. They'll have to come up with something for us to doubt.
    But having her be "sick" makes it easy for them to delay the heat even further.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.