Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3931828;
    Hey, maybe the "new, never seen" or the "redeemed theme" of this season will be "nice guys CAN finish first."
    Yep, I'm thinking that this time the nice guy finishes first. That could be the way this is heading. Although I think Roberto is really nice too, they have shown him getting into the drama and they left out Chris who we know got into it with Craig. So they are def setting up Chris as the nice guy. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;3931888;
    After watching the repeat last night I thought of something.....Roberto basically warned her about Justin and she sat right there and basically defended Justin for doing what he did in going to her house and then despite the warning from Roberto she gave Justin the rose and had that little whisper convo with him. So if she trusts Roberto so much and all, why not listen to him. He even had the PI where he said he'd be disappointed with her choice if she kept Justin. Gave me a pause for thought moment and made me go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM????

Ali caught alot of flack for what last season with Vienna. She has taken that to heart on her own show. She's decided that she was going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they showed her different or had another reason to let her go. A prime example is Canada Craig. She had Johnathan and probably others telling her about him but no other proof to back that up. However, she had reason to send him home based on how he acted disinterested with her.

In Justin's case, regardless of what we as sluethers know about him, he hasn't done anything to warrant Ali sending him home. If any guy, whether you were super interested in him or he was just a nice mater-of-time guy, with a broken leg walked miles to see you to prove that he was here for you and gave you the fatherless boy story would you send him home? SHe's not that interested in Johnathan but, she kept him & kissed him because she liked him, felt sorry for him, and wanted to pay him back for having her back. When she talked to Roberto she wasn't firmly, Justin's staying because I like him and he's done nothing wrong. Which was kind of how Jake was with her in San Francisco. Ali was very timid with Roberto in basically saying Justin did all this huge stuff for me and hasn't done anything that I know for certain wrong other than vague hearsay from others, what do I do? If Roberto had been more firm about Justin going or why he shouldn't be there I think it could be viewed differently, but he wasn't. He basically gave her the warning and his impression and then left it up to her.

She has to keep certain matter of time guys & get rid of certain absolutely not for her guys. So, at this point with out anything definitive bad about Justin, plus probably tptb in her ears to keep the drama, she needs to keep Justin. It's not a problem because at this point it's not jeapordizing her relationship with Roberto. If it comes up again before the big girlfriend reveal and Roberto was very demonstrative on his unhappiness with the situation that would be different. When Ali confronted Jake about Vienna in San Francisco that was after several previous talks on the subject by Ali and other girls to Jake. So, it had more significance. This was the first conversation on it between Roberto and Ali. jmo

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3931902;
    Yep, I'm thinking that this time the nice guy finishes first. That could be the way this is heading. Although I think Roberto is really nice too, they have shown him getting into the drama and they left out Chris who we know got into it with Craig. So they are def setting up Chris as the nice guy. JMO
    Unfortunately that would make him a prime candidate for the next Bachelor.
    The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3931908;
    Ali caught alot of flack for what last season with Vienna. She has taken that to heart on her own show. She's decided that she was going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they showed her different or had another reason to let her go. A prime example is Canada Craig. She had Johnathan and probably others telling her about him but no other proof to back that up. However, she had reason to send him home based on how he acted disinterested with her.

In Justin's case, regardless of what we as sluethers know about him, he hasn't done anything to warrant Ali sending him home. If any guy, whether you were super interested in him or he was just a nice mater-of-time guy, with a broken leg walked miles to see you to prove that he was here for you and gave you the fatherless boy story would you send him home? SHe's not that interested in Johnathan but, she kept him & kissed him because she liked him, felt sorry for him, and wanted to pay him back for having her back. When she talked to Roberto she wasn't firmly, Justin's staying because I like him and he's done nothing wrong. Which was kind of how Jake was with her in San Francisco. Ali was very timid with Roberto in basically saying Justin did all this huge stuff for me and hasn't done anything that I know for certain wrong other than vague hearsay from others, what do I do? If Roberto had been more firm about Justin going or why he shouldn't be there I think it could be viewed differently, but he wasn't. He basically gave her the warning and his impression and then left it up to her.

She has to keep certain matter of time guys & get rid of certain absolutely not for her guys. So, at this point with out anything definitive bad about Justin, plus probably tptb in her ears to keep the drama, she needs to keep Justin. It's not a problem because at this point it's not jeapordizing her relationship with Roberto. If it comes up again before the big girlfriend reveal and Roberto was very demonstrative on his unhappiness with the situation that would be different. When Ali confronted Jake about Vienna in San Francisco that was after several previous talks on the subject by Ali and other girls to Jake. So, it had more significance. This was the first conversation on it between Roberto and Ali. jmo
    This post is from sweetpea on the last show's discussion thread of which I was too late to respond. I have laughed and laughed at how she sees Ali when the shoe is on the other foot. Also, she doesn't call him by name, but she isn't very impressed with Chris in his jeans either.
    We haven't seen much of sweetpea, so she is telling it like she is seeing it as she sees it. Thanks for the chuckles!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally watched Hunter's date and the end of the show. The next guy to use the phrase "here for the wrong reasons" needs to get the boot. Now. Do I believe all of them BUT Justin came on this show to fall in wuv and get married to their soul-mate? hah. Get off your high horses and get real. I'm sick of these "holier-than-thou" characters on these shows. Blech. The lawyer is painful to watch, he's so not interested in her and she's so using him as filler. Same with the weatherman. He's so needy and uncomfortable. What on earth made this guy try out for this show??

The jeans guy looked ridiculous at the RC, she's in a ball gown basically and he looks like he is going to the rodeo. Glad to see you made an effort, buddy.

Justin is probably as big a douche as they say he is, but the pure hypocrisy of Ali ignoring all the warnings about the one everyone else sees as "here for the wrong reasons" and commending him for being forward enough to go and seek her out (Vienna at the winery anyone?) combined with her "gee shucks didn't he tell you he came to see me at my house" ratting Justin out to the other guys was jaw-dropping. (My emphasis-)

These guys can say all they like about Justin being one way around them and another way around her, but frankly all their whining and griping about him thrust a few of them into the pathetic spotlight for me.

Chris and the mouse was the highlight of the show. If he winds up with mush-mouth Ali I may have to swear off this show for good.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

^^^The jeans guy was Jesse, dressed from head to toe in denim. Ali remarked about it as she was trying to put his rose on him. Chris was in jeans and a white shirt. Ali told Chris 'you look nice' when she first saw him at the RC.

Overall, I'd say sweetpea has a pretty good grasp on episode 3.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

If anyone wants/needs evidence of the edit screwing with us, I just posted some interesting stuff in the Screencaps Discussion thread.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I find it very interesting that the only guy we were shown talking to Ali about Justin is Roberto. Then Ali tells him about Justin coming to her house. There is quite a bit of discussion about how Ali "sets Roberto straight" or "shows her appreciation for him having her back". Based on the caps and what I believe, Roberto is by her side when she is talking to Justin after the phone call. Seems to be a big clue in the edit about Roberto being there for her. Would love to hear Bloomer's thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3931959;
    I find it very interesting that the only guy we were shown talking to Ali about Justin is Roberto. Then Ali tells him about Justin coming to her house. There is quite a bit of discussion about how Ali "sets Roberto straight" or "shows her appreciation for him having her back". Based on the caps and what I believe, Roberto is by her side when she is talking to Justin after the phone call. Seems to be a big clue in the edit about Roberto being there for her. Would love to hear Bloomer's thoughts on this.
    Not Bloomers but I agree with you. Roberto, unlike Vienna and Jake, is warning Ali about a guy who will hurt her in the end. He's right while Ali was just being a spoiled brat and wrong when she was doing the same thing to Jake.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3931959;
    Craig R talked to her at the M&G, but I can't recall if we saw him mention Justin. He's pretty outspoken, so I'm guessing he did. Plus, he was definitely called by name when the majority of guys put his name in the box.

You may be right about a big clue with Roberto in Turkey. It will be interesting to watch.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3931902;
    Chris was snarking on Jonathan during the BNL date, though. It was mild and quite funny, but still snarking. Personally, I think it just shows he is one of the guys and can take it just as much as he can dish it out. He seems humble.

I don't see this as being so much nice guy versus other guy as it is vulnerable guy versus confident guy. Roberto comes across as very nice and even appears to be friends with Chris. And so far, Ali has given Roberto every reaon to be confident. She picked him for the adventure date (as he asked), kissed him, told him how hot he is, praised his linguistic ability, etc. etc. She makes it very clear how much she likes him and how impressed with him she is. Chris she treats more as an equal, like she expects him to like her back. If they continue to set the two guys up this way.....with Ali continuing to act more "impressed" with Roberto, that will be the edit. And to me, that is Charlie and Ryan.