Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

I think the conflict with Chris L would be that he is the safe choice even though Ali herself has said in interviews that she would only be able to have feelings for only one person, so there really isn't any conflict. Does she love Roberto or does she love Chris.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Misshyper2;3931624;
    I dont know why most people here are forcing Cl onto ALi at this Point there is nothing between these two. Ali is obviously head of heels for Roberto and a little for Frank but at this point CL is not even close to where these two are
    but most people here are so blindled by their love for Cl they are overlooking both Roberto and Frank This is just Reminding me of Dee's season where majority of the people on this site were so pro Jason they didn't want to see the connection between Dee and Graham. every time someone pointed out their body language some Jason fan would get SC and analyse and make it something when it was nothing I feel like the same thing is happening again. CL obviously seems like a nice guy but Ali doesn't have to choose him just because the audience loves him She will go for whoever she has more connection with and if that happens to be Roberto so be it, He is great guy too and Ali will be lucky to have him as her F1 just as much as CL.

I can't wait for Ali to do an interview with RS 2-3 years down the road where she reveals her intended f2 were Roberto and Frank Then everyone will be like Duh
    That's the funny thing about life ~ everyone has different opinions. That
    doesn't make someone else's opinion wrong, it just makes it *their* opinion.
    I'm not a big fan of Ali, she could run off into the sunset with Roberto ~ I'd
    probably feel sorry for him. However ~ from what we have learned, I feel
    that Chris L sounds like a wonderful human being... maybe that's why many
    are drawn to him. I know I am!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by RealityAlert;3931754;
    The theme is "hot guy" vs "nice guy" and we're all buying in - see my comments above and all the Chris vs Roberto comments. The evidence is what they hide - towel/shaving scenes for Chris and "nice background" for Roberto.
    Frankly I see it as "HOT Nice GUY" VS "Hot NICE Guy" !! But that's just me. Ali is one very, very lucky woman...no matter who she fell in love with! Thanks
    Karey

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3931743;
    they were having a conversation - she sat up to turn and look at him. why would she want to change the subject?? That to me would've been a better way to tell Roberto to back off - she didn't do that, she had the conversation and he ultimately told her to do what's best for her, which was followed by a kiss.

We know Ali likes Justin, Frank and Roberto just by the way she cuddles into them. At this point I dont' think she knows who her F1 is but most likely knows who her F4 are going to be.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that conversation.
    I agree on the bolded, but I see the part about defending Justin as a red flag that Ali is not as sold on Roberto after their date as HE thinks she is(Ali ala Jake in SF conversation about V). Maybe I'm being over-analytical. I never just listen to words. I watch actions.

You know that non-verbal quote: 'Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear what you're saying'?

I also thought that what Roberto said to Ali about Justin was very insincere: 'It's all about what YOU want...' His face was all distorted when he said it....and later, on the couch with the guys, his REAL thought came out when he said that good guys are going home, while Justin stays....and he'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3931689;
    This made me chuckle as no one is "forcing" ChrisL onto Ali -- if anything, TPTB are forcing Roberto and Frank on us viewers! Better yet they are forcing Kasey on poor Ali The edited show reveals that Roberto and Frank are Ali's top contenders as they air complete and perfect dates with quality time and physical chemistry. ChrisL is getting the "nice guy" edit with snippets of air time that is chopped up and frustrating to watch. It appears that all they talk about his sad story about his Mother and his family situation rather than have fun and make-out. We know from her blog that she spends more time with Chris, e.g, playing flip cup and that they are building a fun friendship. We only see what they allow us to see which makes analyzing the edit such a challenge but fun. We all want to know who the F1 is!
    Hey, maybe the "new, never seen" or the "redeemed theme" of this season will be "nice guys CAN finish first."
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3931811;
    Frankly I see it as "HOT Nice GUY" VS "Hot NICE Guy" !! But that's just me. Ali is one very, very lucky woman...no matter who she fell in love with! Thanks
    Karey
    I totally agree but think the edit isn't doing that quite yet - TPTB want
    more difference between the two - getting people to argue over the water cooler is more their style. I don't think Ali makes her most defiinitive decision until after HTDs and then the FD. She made quite a point of saying the'y had intimate talks all night. That's where I think Chris will excel as the long-term choice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3931827;
    I agree on the bolded, but I see the part about defending Justin as a red flag that Ali is not as sold on Roberto after their date as HE thinks she is(Ali ala Jake in SF conversation about V). Maybe I'm being over-analytical. I never just listen to words. I watch actions.

You know that non-verbal quote: 'Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear what you're saying'?

I also thought that what Roberto said to Ali about Justin was very insincere: 'It's all about what YOU want...' His face was all distorted when he said it....and later, on the couch with the guys, his REAL thought came out when he said that good guys are going home, while Justin stays....and he'll be disappointed.
    I saw the Ali/Roberto talking about Justin scene the same way, Jobro. It was completely a remake of the Ali/Jake talk about Vienna in SF scene. They even used the same language -- I understand what you're saying, but he/she hasn't shown that to me yet. Total defense of the accused one and alienation of the accuser. Roberto even cowered back away from Ali after she said it and completely gave up the argument when he saw she wasn't buying into it.

I wish they would come up with some new stories.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3931827;

The difference between what Roberto says about Justin in the edit and what was said by the girls in the edit about Vienna is that we DO see played out in the edit what is said about Justin - good guys do go home while the double dealing ( two gals at home) Justin stays - whereas we never did see what was said explicitly about Vienna. We got hints, but Vienna prevailed and won Jake's heart. We are going to see Justin in all of his duplicity, thus affirming Roberto's claim.

No doubt Roberto as well as many of the other "nice" guys were disappointed that Justin stayed. They "know" something is insincere about Justin - as guys they can sense it - but all they can say in the post interviews is that he acts and talks one way when the cameras are around, and he acts and talks another when they aren't.

Evidently, Vienna was the same...they just edited her the way they wanted to. . She was pretty "earthy" with Jake as well, and like it or not, it appears it is that to which he responded.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3931683;
    But dont you think the editing will showcase her insecurities in all of the last 3, especially the last 2....they will make it so that she feels unworthy of their love and affection. Or do you think it will only be for Roberto?
    I think the conflict for Ali will be chosing between the unknow excitement of life with Roberto or going with a safe predictable life with Chris.
    The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

After watching the repeat last night I thought of something.....Roberto basically warned her about Justin and she sat right there and basically defended Justin for doing what he did in going to her house and then despite the warning from Roberto she gave Justin the rose and had that little whisper convo with him. So if she trusts Roberto so much and all, why not listen to him. He even had the PI where he said he'd be disappointed with her choice if she kept Justin. Gave me a pause for thought moment and made me go HMMMMMMMMMMMMM????