Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

The thing is, they have already set up the insecurities she has with Roberto - she's not expressed the same doubt with any other guy.

Hard to say how things are going to play out when Frank leaves, but it could very well set her back on her keester and those insecurities she had/has about Roberto not allow her to put her in a position where he can hurt her as well....IDK - just speculating.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3931685;
    I disagree about that. Recently Ali was asked on some interview about this 'Roberto conflict' and she didn't even remember saying it, which tells me that this is not it. Her answer was like...oh, wha, oh yeah, that's right, he made me question myself...
    I would think that IF that were the story line she would remember it.
    I think it's Frank dumping her, and she's back to square one-her insecurity of being dumped.

She was cheated on by boyfriends, and when Jake didn't make her stay, she realized (whether she admits it on TV or not) that SHE was more into Jake than he into her. Deep down her fear (that Jake was going to pick V) was confirmed. Here it's almost the end of the show and she gets dumped by a guy that she doesn't even think is a top contender (not great looking, and at this point she's probably more into Roberto and Chris, but still she wants to call the shots). Thats' a huge blow to your ego. JMHO.
    that's not the point - we're talking about the edit and the conflict/resolution of Ali and Roberto. And if she really doesn't remember it, doesn't that tell us that she was able to overcome that insecurity about Roberto?? Plus we have her and CH telling us over and over again that she wonders if someone can love her back.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by Misshyper2;3931624;
    I dont know why most people here are forcing Cl onto ALi at this Point there is nothing between these two. Ali is obviously head of heels for Roberto and a little for Frank but at this point CL is not even close to where these two are
    but most people here are so blindled by their love for Cl they are overlooking both Roberto and Frank
    This made me chuckle as no one is "forcing" ChrisL onto Ali -- if anything, TPTB are forcing Roberto and Frank on us viewers! Better yet they are forcing Kasey on poor Ali The edited show reveals that Roberto and Frank are Ali's top contenders as they air complete and perfect dates with quality time and physical chemistry. ChrisL is getting the "nice guy" edit with snippets of air time that is chopped up and frustrating to watch. It appears that all they talk about his sad story about his Mother and his family situation rather than have fun and make-out. We know from her blog that she spends more time with Chris, e.g, playing flip cup and that they are building a fun friendship. We only see what they allow us to see which makes analyzing the edit such a challenge but fun. We all want to know who the F1 is!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3931687;
    that's not the point - we're talking about the edit and the conflict/resolution of Ali and Roberto. And if she really doesn't remember it, doesn't that tell us that she was able to overcome that insecurity about Roberto?? Plus we have her and CH telling us over and over again that she wonders if someone can love her back.
    Sounds odd, I realize you cant go much by what is said, they make everything to their advantage for the storyline that they want, but insecurity is a tough problem that a only huge amount of trust and understanding in your partner could possibly help it, to not remember it when its a daily struggle in your life, seems like it would be a storyline for anyone that Ali chooses.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3931670;
    Great post!!!! I rewatched the episode last night, as we had a storm the first viewing and all I saw that night was Robli's date....and what a great date it was!!!! So beyond just chemistry and magical passion....Roberto and Ali connect on an emotional level as well!!! It is unfortunate that they edited out their dance where Roberto was singing in Ali's ear.....perhaps it would be too telling, and would give away far too much, as they both have it bad for each other.

What was so shocking after reading a weeks worth of posts about CL and Ali's time together, was to actually get to finally watch them interact, and to see that there was sooooo very little connection, anywhere beyond friendship or just a pleasant conversation. CL is getting the Redi edit...except Reid was never edited as being nasty and mean to one of the other guys thaI can recall, as CL was edited being a bully to Johnathan. ( Hey maybe Ali and CL have one more thing in common.) CL couldn't even dress decently for her RC.

Ali was edited as kissing Kirk passionately in full view of CL and the other guys, and even with CL telling her of the death of his Mother, she still chose to give the rose to Kirk. Hmmm.... Would Ali have kissed Kirk like that if Roberto had been in view. Just wondering?

CL and Roberto are both great young men, and they both had a negative edit last night. I did not like CL's meanspiritedness towards Johnathan and his lack of sensitivity. I also did not like Roberto's ragging on Justin. Both pristine edits took a hit...and thankfully these guys are not perfect. Roberto's seemed more in watching out for Ali, where as CL just seemed mean. JMHO of course.

It is still a Win/Win for me, no matter who Ali chooses...they are both great guys and we are getting a magical love story. But at this point, there is nothing in the CL edit that even comes close to the emotion, and chemistry and heat that is Robli. Perhaps things will heat up this week for CL and Ali....but nothing happened this past week. Thanks
    Karey
    Emotional level is when someone speaks sweet nothings into your ear?
    Ali was all over Roberto, he hardly gave her a crumb back. It was SUBTELY about ROBERTO, not Ali. That's what infatuation is-she cannot see past his looks.

Now with Chris, you are correct that not much has been shown. ABC is riding this Chris L. mom death thing way too much. They are showing us so little conversation that we are confused at this point. However, there must be more between Chris and Ali than you think.Although they showed this hot and heavy date with Roberto, I wonder how much of a connection it really was. Here's my observation from the 1/1s with Chris and Roberto, before the RC:

Ali was inviting herself over to the Cape when she said to Chris: I would love to play fcup with you and your brothers. His ans: My dad and brothers would love....She initiated the invite.

Roberto felt pretty secure about where he stands with Ali so he told her about Justin... She sat straight up and basically told him to BACK OFF.

My percetion of the same situations is completely different than yours. I notice that many of us on this board either see it from Chris camp point of view, or Robertos. I think the most accurate assessments come from the impartial camp or observations based on OUR OWN experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3931690;
    Sounds odd, I realize you cant go much by what is said, they make everything to their advantage for the storyline that they want, but insecurity is a tough problem that a only huge amount of trust and understanding in your partner could possibly help it, to not remember it when its a daily struggle in your life, seems like it would be a storyline for anyone that Ali chooses.
    It's not the insecurity she doesn't remember, actually most people who are insecure dont' even realize it - what she didn't remember was saying that she wondered if she was good enough/pretty enough for Roberto. We have to remember that this PI was used to play into her insecurities and her conflict/resolution storyline with Roberto - it was small and forgetable to her, but huge to their storyline.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3931694;
    It's not the insecurity she doesn't remember, actually most people who are insecure dont' even realize it - what she didn't remember was saying that she wondered if she was good enough/pretty enough for Roberto. We have to remember that this PI was used to play into her insecurities and her conflict/resolution storyline with Roberto - it was small and forgetable to her, but huge to their storyline.
    I see what you're saying...but then I have that picture of Ali with Roberto (this was very telling, for me. At this point she's not sold on Roberto) on the bench talking about Justin, and she wasn't acting as cutesy with him as she was on their date. If she were so high on his looks and intimidated (that she's not good enough), she wouldn't have reacted so strongly to his tattle; The hug was just ok. When he told her about Justin, she got defensive, and basically told him that SHE is calling the shots. This scene reminded me of when Jake put Ali in her place in SF when she told him about Vienna...

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3931701;
    I see what you're saying...but then I have that picture of Ali with Roberto (this was very telling, for me. At this point she's not sold on Roberto) on the bench talking about Justin, and she wasn't acting as cutesy with him as she was on their date. If she were so high on his looks and intimidated (that she's not good enough), she wouldn't have reacted so strongly to his tattle; The hug was just ok. When he told her about Justin, she got defensive, and basically told him that SHE is calling the shots. This scene reminded me of when Jake put Ali in her place in SF when she told him about Vienna...
    Great analysis, Ill have to go back and watch that interaction. I know I watched it again last night and picked up on some other things that I had missed. But its just like with Chris if he is in the F2, they will cast some doubt on his storyline also, I mean Ali will feel that she is not worthy of either at that point. I think it might go as she will wonder if anyone will love her, based on the insecurities they are portraying. And she will realize that she does love someone and he will love her back. And she will have overcome her fear.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3931702;
    Great analysis, Ill have to go back and watch that interaction. I know I watched it again last night and picked up on some other things that I had missed. But its just like with Chris if he is in the F2, they will cast some doubt on his storyline also, I mean Ali will feel that she is not worthy of either at that point. I think it might go as she will wonder if anyone will love her, based on the insecurities they are portraying. And she will realize that she does love someone and he will love her back. And she will have overcome her fear.
    She said on some interview (I don't remember which one, and I'm paraphrasing) that there she was giving out roses, feeling pretty confident about the guys she chose, and surprise! something happened. That lead me to believe she was talking about Frank leaving. That shook her up.

All I know is that Jake planted a doubt in Ali's mind as to where she stood with him. Nobody is that dumb, that if a guy/girl defends another, YOU are NOT the apple of their eye...yet.

When did she do that - I was looking for the new commercial last night and the scene went like this:

Roberto:It's about Justin, I'm somebody who gives somebody the benefit of the doubt as long as I can, you know ultimately....

Ali: (as she straightends herself up) I don't know what to do about that, You know he came to my house

R: What's that?

A: You know he came to my house, right?

R: No, when was that?

A: You don't know?

R: No, he came over, when was that?

A: I thought you guys knew (insert PI of her saying she didnt' know Justin didn't tell the guys)

R: No, nobody knows, I didnt' know he came over there

A: He walked up there

R: Really

A: mm-hmm, yesterday mm-hmm

R: Really

A: That means a lot that he did that, like I know it's really hard but then I hear about all this stuff he's been doing but he hasn't shown that to me yet, you know.

R: You do what's right for you, that's what this is all about, that's what you're here for

KISS.

I dont' see her reacting strongly to his tattling or telling him she's calling the shots?? she seemed more concerned that Justin didn't tell everyone he did it. It also shows that Roberto isn't the first guy to say something to her about Justin.