Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;4019536;
    Okay, old time sleuther here. Haven’t posted much in the last few seasons and not at all this season. But, I thought I would pass on the following. So, I’m listening to the local Dallas Mix radio station this morning. The DJ is a huge Ali fan and they have been following the Bachlorette and discussing it every week. They are also aware of all the internet chatter that takes place. This morning they announced they had a spoiler about tonight’s show and for those who didn’t want to hear the outcome to turn down their radios. Of course, I’m always spoiled so I didn’t bother and was curious as to what they would say. They announced emphatically that Ali picks no one.

Of course, I came on the boards this morning expecting to see an early morning press release or RS spoiler announcement about it but everyone is still speculating on the same information. So, I’m curious where the radio station may have gotten their information. As far as I know, no website, magazine or other leak has been definitive about a “she picks no one” result. Particularly in the last few days. The most I expected them to say was that it would be a "Roberto or no one choice". So, I was surprised that they were so specific and definite about it. Would that kind of information be released to the media on the day of the show?
    If she does indeed choose no one, then why has she seemed so happy in all her latest appearances/interviews?

FORT Fogey

Okay, old time sleuther here. Haven’t posted much in the last few seasons and not at all this season. But, I thought I would pass on the following. So, I’m listening to the local Dallas Mix radio station this morning. The DJ is a huge Ali fan and they have been following the Bachlorette and discussing it every week. They are also aware of all the internet chatter that takes place. This morning they announced they had a spoiler about tonight’s show and for those who didn’t want to hear the outcome to turn down their radios. Of course, I’m always spoiled so I didn’t bother and was curious as to what they would say. They announced emphatically that Ali picks no one.

Of course, I came on the boards this morning expecting to see an early morning press release or RS spoiler announcement about it but everyone is still speculating on the same information. So, I’m curious where the radio station may have gotten their information. As far as I know, no website, magazine or other leak has been definitive about a “she picks no one” result. Particularly in the last few days. The most I expected them to say was that it would be a "Roberto or no one choice". So, I was surprised that they were so specific and definite about it. Would that kind of information be released to the media on the day of the show?
    Based on all the Media, I've DEDUCED that the F2s don't propose, because Ali scares them into getting cold feet. I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4019530;
    Wouldn't Ali have figured that out when she signed up?
    Maybe Ali is more naive than we think.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

FORT Fogey

We have had a mish-mash of info, so speculation is that possibly she picks someone up after the FRC, and we see that at the ATFR.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;4019539;
    I not sure where I read this but Chris was pretty good friends with Frank on the show. I can see Chris sympathizing with Frank on this. The other men have come to Frank's defense. Chris probably does realize this and it will definitely weigh heavily into the decision he makes.
    Seems to me like all, but Roberto seemed to keep in touch.

Roberto seems to just be in touch with Chris L in some way, but we don't know how much.

Just listened to the podcast w/ Ali's brother Mike. His interview sounds like Ali does pick someone. All is speculation until tonight.
    I'd take either one.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;4019543;
    Based on all the Media, I've DEDUCED that the F2s don't propose, because Ali scares them into getting cold feet. I stand by it.
    Maybe the guys are the ones who decide againt proposing because of Frank but it is 1 or both of teh guys decision to date after the show to make sure she is in it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ldelan16;4019549;
    Maybe the guys are the ones who decide againt proposing because of Frank but it is 1 or both of teh guys decision to date after the show to make sure she is in it forever.
    This has been on my mind as well, w/all the media outlets saying "this has never happened before"-- has it ever happened in TB history that the F2 are not interested in TB??? Maybe that's what is so dramatic- neither one wants Ali & her worst fear has come true.
    I'd take either one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ldelan16;4019549;
    Yeah, we don't know about the ATFR, but as couple of weeks ago, per Chris H. Ali was standing by 'her decision', so unless she changed her mind watching the show and decided to hook up with one of them.... who knows?

I know that Star had a piece about Ali giving her ph number to that Football player. It was also in one of the Sports articles...maybe she moved on.

Alumnus Roberto Martinez Makes ‘Bachelorette’ Finale

Having whittled down her pick from 25 men to two — including one UT alumnus — Ali Fedotowsky will make her final choice tonight in the season finale of the ABC reality show “The Bachelorette.”

Roberto Martinez ’05, who majored in international business at UT and was a right-handed pitcher for the baseball team, is a finalist in the show that airs tonight, Aug. 2.

Monica Sheridan ’05, UT’s associate director of admissions, sat next to Martinez at graduation. In fact, the two were good friends, and she said they kept in touch after UT, though she didn’t know he was on “The Bachelorette” until she saw the listing of bachelors online at the start of the season. She’s seen college friends interviewed about Martinez in US Weekly and other entertainment media, which has been a little surreal.

“You don’t expect to see one of your friends on ‘Extra,’” Sheridan said. Some of their mutual friends wear Team Roberto T-shirts on Monday nights.

Sheridan said the wholesome persona Martinez displays on the TV show is true to life. He wasn’t a big drinker in college, and Ybor City wasn’t his scene. She said he was kind of shy around the girls too, which is ironic now that he is on national television in search of love.

“He isn’t scandalous. He’s very much a clean-cut guy who is representing UT well,” Sheridan said. “He doesn’t have a cocky attitude, and is generally just a really great guy.”

Sheridan said Martinez, who is an insurance agent in Charleston, SC, cut off communication during the filming of the show, but as of Saturday, July 31, he had reactivated his Facebook account with just one message: “It’s good to be back.”

Martinez, 26, has traveled around the world with Fedotowsky, from Iceland to Portugal to Tahiti. In one episode, Martinez brought her to Tampa to meet his family and see his alma mater. The two donned Spartan baseball jerseys and Martinez gave Fedotowsky private batting lessons on the Sam Bailey Baseball Field. They ended the date with a picnic on the baseball diamond, Martinez nearly popping the champagne cork in Fedotowsky’s eye.

The two, along with the other bachelor finalist, are concluding the season in Tahiti, where Fedotowsky, 25, may give out the final rose and receive a marriage proposal from one of the two guys.
    The University of Tampa - News - Alumnus Roberto Martinez Makes ?Bachelorette? Finale
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas