Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993;4012537;
    I think it's more important to look at early interviews with Ali versus the one's in the last day before the finale airs. It's just too easy in these latest interviews to come up with a cohesive spin. It seems like that first media blitz came on 5/19, less than two weeks after the FRC. The Zap2it interview asked her if she found love. Her answer: I definitely found a lot of different emotions. I made the best decisions I could along the way and you'll have to tune in to see if I found that special guy.

She keeps iterating that she's happy NOW (as in the time of the interview) implying that maybe she wasn't so happy two weeks before, and that she's comfortable with her decisions. (This new found happiness is also backed up in ChrisH's recent interview where he says she's back to the "old Ali.")

On the Digital Spy interview she acts like she hasn't even thought about a wedding or an engagement ring. She says: My uncle is actually a jeweler and he's always said that Asscher cut is pretty nice so I guess if I had to pick something that is what I'd go for. If she'd just met with the guy from Neil Lane to pick out her ring, wouldn't she have said something different? She didn't have to give anything away; she could have just said, "I might have had a chance to look at some rings lately and I love the Asscher cut" with a twinkle in her eye. Again, I think these early interviews are the most honest, and they seem to point to a no pick. She also mentions in the same interview that she would want her wedding to be casual, wearing her Converse sneakers. Who does she feel comfortable enough with to NOT dress up? Finally, the same interview asks about first impressions and she answers: I was so nervous that first night that I don't even think I remember a lot of the first impressions! It doesn't weight that heavily.

So, while I think these first interviews point to a no pick, they definitely don't point to a Roberto pick. She also talks about not being sure if we'll be happy with the ending back then, BEFORE the first episode even aired and thus before she'd know that Chris was the fan favorite over Roberto. If she was madly in love with Roberto, wouldn't she think viewers would see it the same way?

In one of RS' recent columns he says that TP have hired a PI to find the source of the leaks to him. Doesn't that say that his leaks are probably correct? I think she picks no one, and this WHOLE campaign the past few weeks is to discredit that leak and point to Roberto. And since US Weekly was so quick to jump on the bandwagon a few weeks ago, what better source to float this elaborate story to (complete with production pictures pointing to Roberto.) The ONLY thing that gives me a moments pause is Ali's line that the finale isn't scripted. Maybe that means that it's such a fairy tale (rainbow colored unicorns and all) that people wouldn't believe it otherwise. Which says to me, dump Chris at LCD, dump Roberto at the FRC, run back to Chris waiting for her at the palm tree at sunset and make love in the sand a la "From Here to Eternity."

She also gained weight and it wasn't just during the show. I would think that if she had picked one of the men she would have started getting herself back into shape immediately. Instead, she waits until a couple weeks before the finale. (BTW I don't think she needed to lose anything), I don't like skinny. That and the comments coming from Chris H. about Ali being her old self makes me think she might have been depressed a little bit after the show.

FORT Newbie

I think it's more important to look at early interviews with Ali versus the one's in the last day before the finale airs. It's just too easy in these latest interviews to come up with a cohesive spin. It seems like that first media blitz came on 5/19, less than two weeks after the FRC. The Zap2it interview asked her if she found love. Her answer: I definitely found a lot of different emotions. I made the best decisions I could along the way and you'll have to tune in to see if I found that special guy.

She keeps iterating that she's happy NOW (as in the time of the interview) implying that maybe she wasn't so happy two weeks before, and that she's comfortable with her decisions. (This new found happiness is also backed up in ChrisH's recent interview where he says she's back to the "old Ali.")

On the Digital Spy interview she acts like she hasn't even thought about a wedding or an engagement ring. She says: My uncle is actually a jeweler and he's always said that Asscher cut is pretty nice so I guess if I had to pick something that is what I'd go for. If she'd just met with the guy from Neil Lane to pick out her ring, wouldn't she have said something different? She didn't have to give anything away; she could have just said, "I might have had a chance to look at some rings lately and I love the Asscher cut" with a twinkle in her eye. Again, I think these early interviews are the most honest, and they seem to point to a no pick. She also mentions in the same interview that she would want her wedding to be casual, wearing her Converse sneakers. Who does she feel comfortable enough with to NOT dress up? Finally, the same interview asks about first impressions and she answers: I was so nervous that first night that I don't even think I remember a lot of the first impressions! It doesn't weight that heavily.

So, while I think these first interviews point to a no pick, they definitely don't point to a Roberto pick. She also talks about not being sure if we'll be happy with the ending back then, BEFORE the first episode even aired and thus before she'd know that Chris was the fan favorite over Roberto. If she was madly in love with Roberto, wouldn't she think viewers would see it the same way?

In one of RS' recent columns he says that TP have hired a PI to find the source of the leaks to him. Doesn't that say that his leaks are probably correct? I think she picks no one, and this WHOLE campaign the past few weeks is to discredit that leak and point to Roberto. And since US Weekly was so quick to jump on the bandwagon a few weeks ago, what better source to float this elaborate story to (complete with production pictures pointing to Roberto.) The ONLY thing that gives me a moments pause is Ali's line that the finale isn't scripted. Maybe that means that it's such a fairy tale (rainbow colored unicorns and all) that people wouldn't believe it otherwise. Which says to me, dump Chris at LCD, dump Roberto at the FRC, run back to Chris waiting for her at the palm tree at sunset and make love in the sand a la "From Here to Eternity."
    I really appreciate this thoughtful response.... but the visual imagery is a little overwhelming!!!!! Did it just get hot in here?!?
    Last edited by Believe; 07-29-2010 at 04:49 PM.

MF's purpose isn't to discredit the leak or RS, it is to get high ratings. A no-pick is not likely to get as high ratings as a "let's see who she does pick because we are totally confused and we see the connection with ______ (fill-in whomever). MF is doing an admirable job to do that this season and leaves us wanting the finale to fulfill our individual fantasies. Even with a possible/probable no pick spoiler.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeeeet!;4012200;
    LibbyBell: I totally agree with you. There's so many information flying around right now which makes my head hurt and my heart ache. So, this is what I'm going to do in the next five days. I'm going to trust Ali on whatever decision she makes. I'm sure she made the best decision for herself and no one else. This is her REAL life and REAL feelings. I don't judge her on what I see on screen. I don't even care anymore if she picks my favorite or not. He might be disappointed and sad at first, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

FYI: I'm so emotionally invested in this season, and this is my self-defense mechanism kicks in -- ha!
    Sweeeet, yes, Ali and the guys have more information than we do and whatever decision is made I think that they will understand it. (unlike other F2s in the past) Ali has been very careful about how she has related to the guys and now that she's down to the end I can't see her not doing that. I happen to be one of the ones that think that she will let Chris know whats happening so that he doesn't get blindsided. Regarding emotional investment-- although I am definitely still obsessed with the show, I did the emotional investment thing last year with Jillian...once bitten, twice shy; I can't do that again!! I do have to hand it to TPTB, this has been my favorite season and it will be hard to top it in the future.
    Last edited by LibbyBell; 07-29-2010 at 04:49 PM.

So do we know on what shows Ali will appear on after the finale. I know of Jimmy Kimmel. Are there any others we know off?
    Proud Member Of Team Sean Lowe and Team Chris Lambton

sorry to snip, but to get to this quickly...

In one of RS' recent columns he says that TP have hired a PI to find the source of the leaks to him. Doesn't that say that his leaks are probably correct?
    Maybe he hired Mr. Write and MiniDiva

I would if I were them!

CH can say all he wants, doesn't prove anything unless we see the results of the investigational stuff... pictures, DNA, x-rays, you know all the good stuff.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by laurabadora14;4012560;
    So do we know on what shows Ali will appear on after the finale. I know of Jimmy Kimmel. Are there any others we know off?
    Aren't they usually on GMA the next morning? Also Ellen--but is her show in reruns now?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by melrose place;4012550;
    MF's purpose isn't to discredit the leak or RS, it is to get high ratings. A no-pick is not likely to get as high ratings as a "let's see who she does pick because we are totally confused and we see the connection with ______ (fill-in whomever). MF is doing an admirable job to do that this season and leaves us wanting the finale to fulfill our individual fantasies. Even with a possible/probable no pick spoiler.
    That's so right, it makes me wish it's what I said earlier. I hate it when I think I'm being so brilliant, and then someone comes in and immediately trumps it! I agree that ratings are king and should have said that this elaborate media play pointing to Roberto is to corral the viewers fantasies into a outcome that they'd tune in for, regardless of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie@this;4011908;
    Thank you for pointing out some real key points (bolded) in this interview...IMO, she very well could have married (commitment ceremony)...something. The way I read the engaged/married part is that she feels they are 1 in the same so, why not just be married and take that chance...per the few key points above. Also, ITB that she wanted to marry which is why she called her mom...that's major and she needed reassurance. Why call your mom if there's a no-pick or nothing not expected of the show? JMO. If she was with noone, how is that different then where she was when this all began...sure she learned some things along the way but she what would it be that could be life altering if not marriage? Again, JMO
    A couple of you have brought up the point that she called her mom because she was "bursting at the seams", just as the article states. So does that mean she calls her after she gets back home (she got married after the show)? If she got married in Bora Bora, wouldn't her parents know because they were there? Or...I suppose they don't stay til the end & have to go home right after the MTP day? How does this work?
    "I hate being away from her...I love being with her...and I don't want it to stop..." -CL

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by amydawn74;4012587;
    A couple of you have brought up the point that she called her mom because she was "bursting at the seams", just as the article states. So does that mean she calls her after she gets back home (she got married after the show)? If she got married in Bora Bora, wouldn't her parents know because they were there? Or...I suppose they don't stay til the end & have to go home right after the MTP day? How does this work?
    I think it's crazy talk to think she got married in Bora Bora without any of her family there imho (even if it was just a commitment ceremony.) The "bursting at the seams" is from the recent People article and it's not clear of the timing of her confession to her mother. But, I think "bursting at the seams" means about as much as Brad saying he can't wait to shout his decision "from the rooftops", i.e. nothing.