Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3980500;
    Last night was a trifecta of subliminal and blatant messages that your average non-savvy viewer couldn't resist.

Message #1 Frank- Ali digs Frank alot, potential F1, but rumblings of trouble throughout the date followed by major thunder of preview with girlfriend. Message, huge block to F1 and pushing potential no pick.

Message #2 Roberto- Ali's hot for Roberto, Dream Fairytale F1 pick when Frank goes Kaput.

Message #3 Chris- This one started subliminally from that 1st 5 to watch article, Chris L the GOOD guy, deceased mother, common Mass. boy, and selfless match. This went from rumblings to thunder to hurricane to TORNADO. Last night the Tornado started to whirl. Mind you before anyone gets all het up about what I'm about to say. I'm speaking of editing and what was chosen to be shown of a natural situation occuring in this family, manipulated none the less. Last night it was full on sympathy press, Cape pride, Mass. commonality and good guy underdog. You had in big massive banners widowed pop, sister-in-law, bethrothed sister-in-law, brothers, and all of Cape figuratively and actually begging for Chris to get the love of his life to shar his grief with. Let the last to be married, older brother with no on eto share his greif with find someone. Let poor deceased mom looking down, dad before he dies, and existing siblings find peace knowing Chris has someone to share his life with before it's too late. The big banner message was read loud and clear. Now every woman who picked the wrong hot guy, good guy who finished last, person with deceased parents, Massachusetts bred, fan of the underdog is pulling for Ali to choose Chris while being scared she'll pick Roberto or No one.But, whether she loves him or not, whether she's right for him or not they want her to pick him. They're rooting for him. Fleissed accomplished. Now when he's dumped alone or dumped with Roberto the whole world cries foul only to rejoice and watch as he gets his chance on the Bachelor. Mission accomplished on a grander scale than Jason or Reid ever was. just my thoughts take them or leave them. Adios!

Vaya con dios!!!!!!
    This is one of the best tongue-in-cheek commentaries I have ever read on the Bachelor editing. You need to make sure it finds its way to the Editing Thread.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligirl81;3980519;
    Cash can you tell us why she spent two days with Roberto before they had his rc? If she was already sure I don't get why they waited to do the rc. They could have done it the same day and then spent the two days together.
    It took TPTB that amount of time to get rid of the film crew and hire and train a local crew
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3980521;
    This is one of the best tongue-in-cheek commentaries I have ever read on the Bachelor editing. You need to make sure it finds its way to the Editing Thread.
    ITA. That was awesome and I agree with all of it regarding Chris' edit. I'm still leery of Roberto F1 but I am sure it's not Chris at this point thanks to that edit and Nikki's commentary just proved why.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Caligirl81;3980519;
    Cash can you tell us why she spent two days with Roberto before they had his rc? If she was already sure I don't get why they waited to do the rc. They could have done it the same day and then spent the two days together.
    All I know is they planned it from the beginning for it to be like that. No idea why exactly. Just that it wasn't a last minute thing, planned well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3980524;
    It took TPTB that amount of time to get rid of the film crew and hire and train a local crew
    You're forgetting we were told by melindahavea that not even the cameramen knew the ending. Only Ali, Roberto, and Chris H. knew. Many who talk about the "2nd, Tahitian crew" idea reference melinda's posts as something that lines up with that idea, but she specifically said the crew did not know the ending. Not referring to your post, BTW. Just thought of that point, is all.

If she was right (I don't believe so, FWIW), I guess Chris H. busted out a pocket-size digital camera for the official engagement photos. Does he get bonus pay for that?

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3980548;

If she was right (I don't believe so, FWIW), I guess Chris H. busted out a pocket-size digital camera for the official engagement photos. Does he get bonus pay for that?
    Maybe that helped him pay for the blinging watch he was wearing on last night's episode? =)

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3980512;
    Playing devil's advocate a bit here. Suppose the info is true. Roberto needs to know somehow WHY the FRC won't be the day after tomorrow like it's supposed to be. And he needs to know that he'll be spending that time between RCs with Ali alone. And he needs to know that Chris will be out of the picture. I guess it makes sense for her to tell him on that LCD otherwise it might seem strange hearing it from a producer later on.

Also, the leads generally know who they're going to pick around the time for FDs. It's part of the show to have to string somebody along for the sake of having a moment of intrigue as to who will come out of the limo first. We saw with Jake and Tenley that he was clearly pulling away from her and trying to warn her of what was coming. Maybe the same will happen with Chris.

Anything can happen.

Remember, Tanya asking Byron at the ATFR when he knew and he said the morning of or right beofre the MTP. He even read what he wrote in his journal to Mary from that day and Tanya was pissed. But, be realistic the whole world, Enquirer, all of Tampa, and even Crazy Jane knew he was picking Mary. That's why Jane started acting crazy before she got bounced in the F6 .

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3980521;
    Did I forget the Hallelujah chorus, "Love is the only reality" t-shirts, and specially made discounted Dennis bracelets all set up for next seasons Bachelor, eh Bloomers? Ali is Fleiss' favorite Bachelorette because she setup his next Bachelor complete with branding. It will be bigger ratings than Jason and Bachelor Bob combined. Come to think of it he's the perfect combination Sympathy with the funny. ignore me I'm punchy I've been awake too long .

"Ladies....this is tonight's last Dennis bracelet. Chris...when you're ready."

I don't think he'll do. Which only raises the value of his stock.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3980548;
    You're forgetting we were told by melindahavea that not even the cameramen knew the ending. Only Ali, Roberto, and Chris H. knew. Many who talk about the "2nd, Tahitian crew" idea reference melinda's posts as something that lines up with that idea, but she specifically said the crew did not know the ending. Not referring to your post, BTW. Just thought of that point, is all.

Sorry Cash but maybe that is Cash's source (Don) is melinda (Dawn)