Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

We can't help but notice it. This show is hitting us over the head with the prince/princess/fairytale/king/castle/unicorn stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3980445;
    We can't help but notice it. This show is hitting us over the head with the prince/princess/fairytale/king/castle/unicorn stuff.
    hahaha. I don't care as long as there's a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3980448;
    hahaha. I don't care as long as there's a happy ending!
    That would be nice to have an ending where Ali picked either of the final 2 guys.

I'm just not so into the fairytale stuff.

Late to the party but if what Cash is saying is true I will lose all respect for her if she treats Chris like that and I was a huge fan hers last year. To me if she does that I will think she has no heart because that is just WRONG on so many levels
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3980419;
    Remember, two days before the season began, Ali was on Extra. She made a statement that now makes sense, thanks to Cash's source.

"I had to kiss a couple of cuuuute frogs before I met my Prince!"

If she had picked noone, she wouldn't have said this. Cash's source said that Roberto is her prince and Ali is his princess. Hence, the tiara.
    oh yes!! forgot about this comment and you are so very right and smart to remind us this!!

This comments says it all and that was also a cute media message sent to Roberto who most probably would hear it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3980442;
    Sanlee, you're going to laugh!!

This was your response!! (Media Thread, p. 71)

That is a very good thing to hear. The fact that she says she found her prince means that she is happy with her F1. (Meaning there is a F1)
    I predicted that well! haha, just kidding.

I can't imagine her saying that only for her to actually be single and prince-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3980416;
    Don't agree with this at all. For the average viewer, at least the ones I've talked to and whose FBs and blogs I've stalked today, it's Roberto or no one. Frank is a loser and Chris is the perfect one who's the next Bach.

Last night was a trifecta of subliminal and blatant messages that your average non-savvy viewer couldn't resist.

Message #1 Frank- Ali digs Frank alot, potential F1, but rumblings of trouble throughout the date followed by major thunder of preview with girlfriend. Message, huge block to F1 and pushing potential no pick.

Message #2 Roberto- Ali's hot for Roberto, Dream Fairytale F1 pick when Frank goes Kaput.

Message #3 Chris- This one started subliminally from that 1st 5 to watch article, Chris L the GOOD guy, deceased mother, common Mass. boy, and selfless match. This went from rumblings to thunder to hurricane to TORNADO. Last night the Tornado started to whirl. Mind you before anyone gets all het up about what I'm about to say. I'm speaking of editing and what was chosen to be shown of a natural situation occuring in this family, manipulated none the less. Last night it was full on sympathy press, Cape pride, Mass. commonality and good guy underdog. You had in big massive banners widowed pop, sister-in-law, bethrothed sister-in-law, brothers, and all of Cape figuratively and actually begging for Chris to get the love of his life to share his grief with. Let the last to be married, older brother with no one to share his grief with find someone. Let poor deceased mom looking down, dad before he dies, and existing siblings find peace knowing Chris has someone to share his life with before it's too late. The big banner message was read loud and clear. Now every woman who picked the wrong hot guy, good guy who finished last, person with deceased parents, Massachusetts bred, fan of the underdog is pulling for Ali to choose Chris while being scared she'll pick Roberto or No one. But, whether she loves him or not, whether she's right for him or not they want her to pick him. They're rooting for him. Fleissed accomplished. Now when he's dumped alone or dumped with Roberto the whole world cries foul only to rejoice and watch as he gets his chance on the Bachelor. Mission accomplished on a grander scale than Jason or Reid ever was. just my thoughts take them or leave them. Adios!

Vaya con dios!!!!!!
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 07-13-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Can you tell I'm sleepy , typing horrible. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3980495;
    I predicted that well! haha, just kidding.

I can't imagine her saying that only for her to actually be single and prince-less.
    ITA. She's too sensitive and too in love with her Knight in Shining Armor idea to ever say that if there wasn't a guy, even if TPTB told her to say it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3980481;
    Late to the party but if what Cash is saying is true I will lose all respect for her if she treats Chris like that and I was a huge fan hers last year. To me if she does that I will think she has no heart because that is just WRONG on so many levels
    Playing devil's advocate a bit here. Suppose the info is true. Roberto needs to know somehow WHY the FRC won't be the day after tomorrow like it's supposed to be. And he needs to know that he'll be spending that time between RCs with Ali alone. And he needs to know that Chris will be out of the picture. I guess it makes sense for her to tell him on that LCD otherwise it might seem strange hearing it from a producer later on.

Also, the leads generally know who they're going to pick around the time for FDs. It's part of the show to have to string somebody along for the sake of having a moment of intrigue as to who will come out of the limo first. We saw with Jake and Tenley that he was clearly pulling away from her and trying to warn her of what was coming. Maybe the same will happen with Chris.

Anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3980512;
    Playing devil's advocate a bit here. Suppose the info is true. Roberto needs to know somehow WHY the FRC won't be the day after tomorrow like it's supposed to be. And he needs to know that he'll be spending that time between RCs with Ali alone. And he needs to know that Chris will be out of the picture. I guess it makes sense for her to tell him on that LCD otherwise it might seem strange hearing it from a producer later on.

Also, the leads generally know who they're going to pick around the time for FDs. It's part of the show to have to string somebody along for the sake of having a moment of intrigue as to who will come out of the limo first. We saw with Jake and Tenley that he was clearly pulling away from her and trying to warn her of what was coming. Maybe the same will happen with Chris.

Anything can happen.
    Cash can you tell us why she spent two days with Roberto before they had his rc? If she was already sure I don't get why they waited to do the rc. They could have done it the same day and then spent the two days together.