Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3972848;
    I don't think Jillian or Jake came out and said it, did they?
    No, but Jillian's ads show someone looking at a ring and such. Jake's we had the caps and RS.

This time there's nothing about an engagement. Just that Ali has another surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3972852;
    No, but Jillian's ads show someone looking at a ring and such. Jake's we had the caps and RS.

This time there's nothing about an engagement. Just that Ali has another surprise.
    She lets the great ones get away. There will be a reality show following her dating life. This season was a big disappoinment. Surprise!! lol

On a serious note it is a downer if it goes down like that.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3972852;

I bet we get some previews of them looking at rings and such. They may have to drag them there, but no way will they not look at rings.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3972848;
    I don't think Jillian or Jake came out and said it, did they?
    No, neither did. We had some spoilers but neither slipped up.

FORT Fan

Interview with Ty and Ty thinks Chris L is good for Ali:

Full interview with Ty from "The Bachelorette" - Coming Up Roses: The Bachelorette

'The Bachelorette''s Ty Brown Predicts Chris L. is the One for Ali

Last Monday "The Bachelorette"'s Ali Fedotowsky had to make the hardest cut of all. She had to eliminate one bachelor from the five remaining -- Chris L., Frank, Kirk, Roberto and Ty -- and that man would not get a hometown visit. The man who did not receive a red rose was Ty, a 31-year-old medical sales rep from Nashville, TN.

When Ali let you go, you didn't seem to be that emotional. Were you more shocked than sad? Or did it sink in later?

Ty Brown: Nobody wants to get let go, especially at that stage in the show. I suppose you are right. I was shocked. At the same time, if I was going to be going home before being the last person there, it was almost relieving because I didn't have to get my family involved. At the same time, I was disappointed that I went home. She made the decision she made. I had a great time doing it and it was fun. I didn't get as emotional as people do, but it was overwhelming at the time.

At one point during your two-on-one date with Ali and Frank, Ali said she wanted to grab Frank's hand and it made her aware that she had a stronger connection to Frank than to you. Were you aware of that?

Ty Brown: I knew she had a strong connection with Frank the whole time. That was the first one-on-one date she went on. But Frank and I would talk when the guys were hanging out at the house, and he had told me, "I know you and Ali have a strong connection." And I believe he made the comment: "Ty is some of my biggest competition here in the house." Deep down, I knew he had a great connection with her, but I didn't think it was that much more than we had.

You have always had a music career. How receptive are people now that you have been on "The Bachelorette"?

Ty Brown: It is funny how country music fans accept you. I have been playing around for a long time, but it definitely hasn't hurt anything. When I got back and we finished the song that I wrote on the show, it was amazing to see how many people jumped on board and were like, "This is a great song. This is a great opportunity. You've got a great story with this." They have been very welcoming. The opportunities I have had because of the show are wonderful. I have met and written with some of the best artists and writers in Nashville.

Do you have any fear of jumping from being a reality TV star to a musician?

Ty Brown: I know these days you have to work extra hard, but to answer your question, yeah. I don't want that to be the issue. I want people to know Ty Brown, not Ty Brown from "The Bachelorette." As far as music goes, it has given me a great platform and has opened a lot of doors for me. I have been playing music for 10 years now. It is something that I always loved. This gave me the opportunity to say, "I am finally going to do something for myself, something that I am passionate about." I am very happy in the decisions I have made. I have had the opportunity to go back to my old job, and other jobs have come along, but I am happy with what I am doing and I am excited to wake up and do it every day.

Do you think your conversation with Ali about your first marriage, and the fact that your family was very traditional, and your ideas of what a wife should be going into that first marriage, raised red flags for her?

Ty Brown: I think you are absolutely right. I think it did raise a lot of questions for her. And I wanted to do address that with her and I did the very next week because I did grow up in a traditional lifestyle. My mom was a school teacher, but she waited until the kids were in school to work. My dad, of course, always worked -- sometimes two jobs. My mom cooked dinner every night. I did tell her that I grew up in that traditional lifestyle. Does that mean that is what I am looking for? No. I wanted to get that across to her. It thrills me to see somebody who is so ambitious, who knows what she wants and is not scared to speak up and go get it. Someone who has goals set for themselves. That is very attractive to me. I like that. I was trying to get that across to her and maybe I didn't do such a great job. I think that may be one of the things she was concerned with.

Which of the four remaining guys do you see with Ali?

Ty Brown: There are things about every one of those guys that I like. If I had to pick one, I think Chris L., in my opinion, is one of the better fits for Ali. He is a good guy. It took them a while to hit it off and really get into good conversations. I didn't know that, but after watching the show, they had good chemistry and a good time together. They had a lot in common. I think his family life was a little different than most everybody else's.

Do you think she will actually pick someone?

Ty Brown: I have no idea. I hope she does. I hope she picks someone and they are very happy, but who knows?

If they asked you to be the next "Bachelor," would you?

Ty Brown: If they ask me to be the next "Bachelor," I would definitely consider it. I am ready to move on with my life and I don't have anybody. It would be exciting. After being on the show already, I know it is very difficult.

Tune in to "The Bachelorette" on Monday, July 12 at 8 p.m. on ABC for the hometown visits.
    'The Bachelorette''s Ty Brown Predicts Chris L. Is The One For Ali
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Ty ('The Bachelorette')

They might have been whisked away to Europe and New York, but it was the hometown dates that the Bachelorette men were desperate to land in this week's episode. Unfortunately for Ty Brown, his time with Ali came to an end in Portugal after a rather awkward two-on-one date with Frank. We caught up with him as he reflected on the experience...

How did it feel when you were sent home?
    “Nobody wants to get let go, especially at that stage in the show. I guess I was shocked but at the same time, if I was going to be going home before being the last person there it was almost relieving because I didn't have to get my family involved but at the same time I was shocked, I was disappointed that I went home. She made the decision she made and I had a great time doing it, it was fun. I wasn't as emotional as sometimes people are but I guess it was a little overwhelming at the time."

Do you think you were developing real feelings for Ali?
    "It's funny to watch the show now and see not only how I acted and how everybody else acted, but also to see those feelings come back. It's very interesting to see and I think it would have been great to have had an opportunity to keep on dating her and see what would happen. She's a fun girl, she's fun to be around. Maybe if we had had a little bit more time something might have happened, I don't know, but being let go when I did, I didn't get to know Ali as much as I think I should have, and that's all I can go on because I didn't have that opportunity."

How did you find the two-on-one date with Frank? It looked really awkward and uncomfortable to watch...
    "It was very uncomfortable and it actually even looked more uncomfortable after watching it! You never want to go on a two-on-one date but since we did, we tried to make the best of it. It wasn't as awkward at the time as I saw it on TV, but it definitely wasn't a place I wanted to be. Frank and I were probably the worst two people to go on a two-on-one date with, but we get along and we tried to make the best of that situation."

Ali said after that she wanted to grab Frank's hand on the date which made her realize she had a stronger connection with him than you. Were you aware of that?
    "I knew she had a strong connection with Frank the whole time. It was the first date she went on. Frank and I talked when he'd get back and the guys were hanging out at the house, and he'd told me, 'I know you and Ali have a strong connection and this that and the other', and I believe he even made the comment, 'Ty is one of my biggest competitions at the house'. Deep down I really knew he had a great connection with her but I didn't think it was that much more than we had. Obviously it was, but I didn't realize that at the time."

Do you think the conversation about growing up in a traditional family played into her decision to let you go?
    "I think it did raise a lot of questions for her and I wanted to address that with her, and I did the very next week. I did grow up in a traditional lifestyle, my mom was a schoolteacher but she waited until after the kids were in school to go back to work, and my dad, of course, always worked and sometimes two jobs. I did tell her that I grew up in that traditional lifestyle but am I necessarily looking for that? No. I wanted to get across to her that it thrills me to see somebody that is so ambitious and knows what she wants and isn't scared to speak up and go get it and someone that has goals set for themselves. That's very attractive to me. I tried to get that across to her and maybe I didn't do such a great job, but I think that was kind of a setback and one of things that she was concerned with - that maybe I wanted a traditional lifestyle which is not really all true."

Do you think you had enough time to get that across to her or is there anything else you could have done to show your feelings?
    "Obviously I don't think I did. I think she was so hung up on the fact she thought I wanted a traditional family. Would it made that much more of a difference? I don't know. I know she's very career-orientated and maybe that's the nail in the coffin. Maybe she was like, 'I'm not a traditional kind of girl and that's not what I'm wanting'. I guess that would be a question for her!"

Had you planned your hometown date?
    "I struggled with that and I talked to a couple of different people. I changed my mind at the last minute actually. I was going to do it in Nashville since I call this my home now and I was like, 'You know what though? I really want her to see where I came from and where I was raised'. I thought it would be better - even though it would cause my whole town to be in an uproar! - if I took her to my mom and dad's house and we did the hometown date there. There's not that much to do but we would just go to the park and have a picnic and show her some of the things I used to do growing up - show her who I was and what made me who I am today and I think that would have been the better choice."

What were your thoughts on Justin?
    "I don't really know a lot about Justin. He kind of stayed away from everybody. He didn't really hang with the guys when we had time by ourselves at the house or the hotel room. I don't have anything negative to say. I hate the way he came across and the way he came about things and the reason he did this, I don't agree with that. He was never mean to me. We had our little spiff in the first show because I didn't agree with the way he was doing things, but after that we started getting along and we were cordial I guess you can say."

Did you learn anything about what you want going forward or getting back into dating after your divorce?
    "Between my divorce and everything that has happened since then, the show has actually taught me more probably about myself than anything. I did find out some things through Ali that I know are important to me. The first thing that comes to mind is her ambitions and things she wants to do. I think it's important that a woman has goals and she knows different things she wants to accomplish and I think that's great. I think that's a big part of what I'm looking for. I also learned that you cant put a price tag on happiness and no matter what it takes I want to be happy and that relationship shouldn't be a struggle. When Ali and I had our time together at various different moments it wasn't a struggle, we got along and it was very comforting to know that you can have a relationship and it can be easy. That's not saying you'll never have problems, but it doesn't always have to be tough."

Who do you think will win Ali's heart if anybody?
    "They are all great guys. If I had to pick one I think Chris L, in my opinion, is probably one of the better fits for Ali. He's a good guy. It took them a while to seem like they hit it off and really get into good conversation and stuff like that, watching the show because I didn't know that during the whole time. It looks like they have good chemistry and have a good time together and a lot in common. They just hit it off really well and she seems to enjoy being around him."

Will she pick someone in the end?
    "I have no idea! I hope she does. I hope she ends up picking someone and ends up very happy but who knows?"
    Television - Interview - Ty ('The Bachelorette') - Digital Spy
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I hope this is the correct place to post this. I found this at JU and several online sites and ABC is the source, but I can't find the original release. Mod's please move if this is not the correct place.

What is revealing in the epi description for next week is that both Roberto and Chris's Dad's play a big role in how Ali's HTD visit goes. Roberto's Dad has some tough questions for Ali, whereas Chris's Dad has some profound advice. Also noted that Roberto's Dad was an US Army Ranger, an elite and specially trained member of the US Army. I believe it was discussed in Roberto's thread that he was actually born in Germany while his Father was in the Army. Looks like both families may be skeptical and concerned for their son/brother's welfare.

We are definitely going to get a better idea of Roberto's upbringing and the probable fact that he was raised in a very disciplined, driven environment which led him to be the person he is today, e.g, various baseball teams, youngest insurance agent and that being his proud accomplishment, etc. We already have a good sense of what Chris' family life was like and it seems to be a very loving and nurturing environment. Not to say either one is better/worse but the home environment shapes both the fine men we see today. IMO.

Note, how detailed Roberto's and Chris's HTD description are and they get shorter as they describe Kirk then Frankie Poo.

ALI RETURNS TO THE U.S. TO JOIN THE FOUR REMAINING BACHELORS IN THEIR HOMETOWNS AND FINDS HERSELF ON THE HOT SEAT WITH SOME OF THE FAMILIES
    ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

"Episode 608" - The stakes are high as Ali returns to the U.S. from her exciting world tour for an emotionally charged journey across the country to visit Roberto, Chris L., Kirk and Frank in their hometowns. Her bonds are growing stronger with these men, but she is severely tested by some of the families. Just how ready are these bachelors for marriage? Ali is about to find out from the people who know them best, and in a heartbreaking turn, she must send one man home, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 12 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Ali's first stop is Tampa, Roberto's hometown. He's the man who swept her off her feet the first night with a sexy salsa and hasn't let her down since. They meet on the campus of his alma mater, University of Tampa, and he takes her to his "field of dreams," where he was a star member of the baseball team. The couple enjoy an idyllic day of baseball and romance, but Ali is very nervous about meeting Roberto's father, a tough former Army Ranger. They go to his family home for dinner and Ali is greeted warmly, but the bachelor's father, who is extremely proud of his son, has some tough questions for Ali. She does her best in an honest heart-to-heart with his parents to assure them she would be a loving, supportive wife. But will that be enough to convince them to give their blessing?

Now it is on to Cape Cod, where Ali visits fellow Massachusetts native Chris L. His relationship with her has been slow, but steady. As they walk on the beach, they feel at ease, and she begins to see a new side of him that intrigues her. At Chris' home, they share a tender moment as he shows her photos of his mother who recently passed away. Ali feels right at home with his family - as if she has lived there for years - and she is touched by some profound advice about life and love that Chris' father shares with her. However, there is some concern by the family that this vulnerable suitor may get his heart broken. Despite this, their romance seems to be blossoming and love is in the air.

Ali ventures to Green Bay to visit Kirk's family. His lack of serious past relationships has her worried. Since his parents are divorced, Ali will meet them separately. She is somewhat alarmed by his father's taxidermy workshop, but finds herself impressed with his supportive love for his son. Kirk's mother tells Ali the story of her son's long and difficult battle with an illness that nearly killed him. But is he ready to move on with his life - and is he ready to share it with the Bachelorette?

Finally, Ali lands in Chicago, Frank's hometown. The day starts out romantic and upbeat as they take a romantic boat tour, but Ali senses that he is anxious. Frank admits he is confused. When she meets his family, they assure her that his high stress level is the result of his strong feelings for her. Both Ali and Frank feel more positive and excited about the future.

Ali's feelings for all four men have deepened after sharing so much with their families. And so, when she returns to Los Angeles for the rose ceremony, she needs to fight back tears as she hands out only three roses to those men who will accompany her to Tahiti.

The four remaining men are:

Chris L., 33, landscaper from Cape Cod, MA
    Frank, 31, retail manager, from Geneva, IL
    Kirk, 27, sales consultant from Green Bay, WI
    Roberto, 26, insurance agent from Charleston, SC

Last edited by MiniDiva; 07-10-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Someone said that the girl sitting with Kirk is his sister. It said in the description that Ali meets them seperately, but doesn't it look like they are both in the same room? Is that his mother they show or is that his step-mom? Is the dad the parent of his sister or his mom?

But is he ready to move on with his life - and is he ready to share it with the Bachelorette?
    This was in the episode description about Kirk. I wonder what this means? It almost sounds as if he is second guessing himself too.

From all we know, he was falling in love with Ali. He is still heartbroken.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.