Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3970485;
    That is the big question this season. I'm really curious to see how they edit the end.
    I honestly think they are going to show Roberto, Kirk and Chris as being the absolute dolls that they are (sympathy edit) and are going to full fledge throw Ali under the bus. They are going to paint her as a headcase who falls for the bad boy yet again.

I think they need a sympathetic lead for the next bachelor after the past few weeks and I really think they are priming that to be Chris. The whole backstory and showing all of these funny and adorable clips of him... when Ali dumps him at F2 women are going to go nuts and really pull for him. Perfect set up and totally predictable. Kind of makes me want Chris to tell them to throw rocks and find a nice girl on his own. It worked out well for Reid afterall .

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3970486;
    I see Ali and Roberto playing in a co-ed softball team together and then dressing up to do some salsa dancing, and then.....

Chris sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch in Dennis or a garbage man in San Francisco.... it wouldn't do it for me and I'm in my 60s.

I think Roberto sets goals and is capable of planning to reach those goals

Having said that, I will reiterate my remarks from past seasons:

People who participate in this SHOW are in no position to enter into an exclusive relationship once the SHOW is over. They are no longer who they were before. They all now have a public persona as a result of the edit they received. Even if they think they were portrayed unfairly, they sold their souls to the devil or gave them away to be part of this.

They will be flooded with opportunities and offers to stay in the public eye. Suddenly 12,000,000 viewers have seen them with most of their clothes off in a hot tub or in bed with hot guys or girls. They are on tabloid covers with all of their indiscretions plastered across their chests in half-inch type. They don't know if the person they pick has a good credit rating or spends money irresponsibly. They know very little about each other.

If Ali shows a healthy skepticism, she should be commended.
    This was from a recent piece I read on Chris. I would say he sets some pretty high goals himself.

In early 2007, Chris left his life in New York including a position in a highly competitive graduate program for aspiring school principals to join his brothers, Erik and Mark and his father, Ed care for his mom full time.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3970494;
    Is that really CL's family house or are they at an Inn Ali's staying?
    Bad choice on his part to use that as an example of what he would do to be with her.

I can't help but think that if he really wanted to be with her he would be more enthusiastic. His next relationship will be awesome because of the experience he had while on the show and he will learn from watching all of the guys' interactions with Ali which behavior gets positive feedback.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3970510;
    Bad choice on his part to use that as an example of what he would do to be with her.

I can't help but think that if he really wanted to be with her he would be more enthusiastic. His next relationship will be awesome because of the experience he had while on the show and he will learn from watching all of the guys' interactions with Ali which behavior gets positive feedback.
    It said he'll do anything to be with her and will do whatever he can to take care of her and if that's picking up trash, then so be it. But maybe you're right and Ali is too status/label conscious to appreciate it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

I know what you mean by him saying he's willing to be a garbageman infront of a social climber such as Ali. Yes, it is a little naive on his part. I know we're not meant to take it literally also.

But this is what we love about CL. He's not materialistic or status-conscious and all the superficial stuff.

I don't think he needs to be taught by the other guys how to treat a woman. He just needs the right woman who appreciates and recognizes what she is getting with Chris.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3970317;
    Cupcakes, thanks for the link-- these are great!

Ok, did anyone else think that Chris looked like a giant in that rocker next to a tiny petite Ali?!?! (I love tall guys!! ) I thought their interaction was very nice and comfortable. I also thought it was funny when Ali thought the white car was his family... kinda like she was getting caught being where she wasn't supposed to be! They'd be a GREAT couple.

I REALLY liked the interaction with Ali and Roberto, too! They really looked like they were having fun and like Ali said, she could really imagine doing that with him on a weekend if they were together. They'd also be a GREAT couple.

Kirk and Frank...don't even want to go there!

I am praying that TPTB are trying to pull a fast one on us!! If not, I'm going to be quite upset!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;3970499;
    I honestly think they are going to show Roberto, Kirk and Chris as being the absolute dolls that they are (sympathy edit) and are going to full fledge throw Ali under the bus. They are going to paint her as a headcase who falls for the bad boy yet again.
    I feel so tortured by this show that I will get so angry that she let all these good guys go that I will be cheering MF & Co. if they do just that. I will hope that they back up that bus at least 48 times so that I can let all my frustrations out. Then, I will email the alphabet site and flood them with letters that I will not watch DWTS if they put her on it. I hope that all FORT will follow suit.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3970517;
    I don't think he need to be taught by the other guys how to treat a woman. He just needs the right woman who appreciates and recognizes what she is getting.
    I would like to meet the woman (other than Ali because she's probably nuts) that doesn't like to be treated how Chris treats Ali. Really.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3970520;
    I would like to meet the woman (other than Ali because she's probably nuts) that doesn't like to be treated how Chris treats Ali. Really.
    She is nuts, or just fell more for Roberto, which I am hoping. Seriously, can anyone think of a higher caliber of men that were in the F6 in previous seasons? Chris, Roberto, Kirk and Craig.... such amazing men. If she does indeed choose no one there is going to me a massive backlash against her.