Only two home town dates?

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;3894215;
    Only two home town dates?
    Not if she takes 3 to Tahiti - I think it written back butt wards
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3894155;
    I don't think they did it or Dee's season, but they did it for Jill's and they voted Juan out.

Regarding ABC's dating schedule above, I bet it is Justin & Kasey on their 2:1 date that ride in the helicopter in Iceland to the Volcano. I bet Ali wishes now she had kicked Justin's behind off right there.
    I don't think they did it for Deanna's season either..she got 3 FIRs to hand out though.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

One man scores some points with a sentimental scrapbook he made for her
    If the bachelors didn't know that Ali would be the next bachelorette how would he have made this scrapbook before the M & G? Was it a generic one with love notes and poems for whoever the bachelorette was going to be? It sounds like he will get a rose the first night.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3894863;
    If the bachelors didn't know that Ali would be the next bachelorette how would he have made this scrapbook before the M & G? Was it a generic one with love notes and poems for whoever the bachelorette was going to be? It sounds like he will get a rose the first night.
    I've heard from several people that the guys were told it would be Ali right after she was finalized as the lead during that WTA weekend. So they knew for about a month I would guess. And the final casting was like 2 weeks before the M&G. He could've made it specifically for Ali, though honestly it sounds a little creepy to do something like that for somebody you've never met.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3894868;
    I've heard from several people that the guys were told it would be Ali right after she was finalized as the lead during that WTA weekend. So they knew for about a month I would guess. And the final casting was like 2 weeks before the M&G. He could've made it specifically for Ali, though honestly it sounds a little creepy to do something like that for somebody you've never met.
    Maybe he's a salesman.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3894863;
    haha Love_Me! Maybe it's a scrapbook of himself....growing up, his hopes and dreams, etc...?!?

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3894919;
    Maybe he's a salesman.
    No kidding - I think every guy here must be a salesman. Their first sale is "choose me" to be one of 17. This "choose me" is the pitch all the way to HTDs. Somewhere along the line they have to sell 'I choose you.' And if we're lucky, and they're lucky, and the stars align, someone commits to something reasonable and we're not left being sold ice in Iceland.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Disney's THE LION KING Hosts THE BACHELORETTE's Broadway Bachelor Competition

Ali Fedotowsky, the beautiful and charismatic career-oriented woman from San Francisco is back. She has re-prioritized her life - and now is ready to find her soul mate. Ali will have her own opportunity to find true love, as the sixth edition of "The Bachelorette," the female version of ABC's hit romance reality series, premieres Monday, May 24 (9:02-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Ali's hunt for Mr. Right will take place during some of the most romantic and adventurous dates ever, including a special trip to New York City and THE LION KING. Ali's Broadway adventure starts at the Minskoff Theatre as she auditions seven men to try and sing and dance their way into her heart with the hopes of being chosen to make his Broadway debut with her in that night's performance of the landmark Tony Award-winning musical, THE LION KING.

THE LION KING continues to reign as one of the most popular shows on Broadway and around the world. THE LION KING is the eighth longest-running musical in Broadway history and the first American musical in history to welcome 50 million guests worldwide. Now in its 13th smash year, THE LION KING officially opened on November 13, 1997 and has consistently been among Broadway's top five grossing shows. In addition to Broadway and a North American tour, THE LION KING can also be seen on stage in London, Hamburg, Paris, Tokyo and Las Vegas, with a new production opening in Singapore in September 2010. For tickets and more information, visit online at The Lion King | The Official Site of the Musical | Disney.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelorette" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers. "The Bachelorette" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with stereo sound. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

Beginning Monday, May 31, the program moves to its regular two-hour run time from 8:00-10:02 p.m., ET. Episodes of "The Bachelorette" will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online.

Airdate for "The Lion King" Broadway date episode will be announced shortly.
    Disney's THE LION KING Hosts THE BACHELORETTE's Broadway Bachelor Competition 2010/05/05

mikemcguff.com blog: KPRC 2 meteorologist Jonathan Novack is leaving

Tuesday, May 04, 2010
    KPRC 2 meteorologist Jonathan Novack is leaving

The rumors of a change in the KPRC Local 2 weather center are true. It turns out weekend evening meteorologist, weather graphics producer and feature reporter Jonathan Novack is leaving the station.

"I will be hard-pressed to find a city with nicer people and better food," Novack told the mikemcGuff "I've certainly made some incredible memories during my time in Houston and at KPRC Local2."

I am totally envious of Jonathan for one of his assignments. A few years ago he interviewed Metallica's Kirk Hammett at SXSW. Hammett was impressed by Novack's Flip Video camera.

I interviewed all the members of Metallica once, but it was only over satellite. I was in Houston looking at the band members on a live video feed and talking into their ear pieces wherever they were in California. They told me a memorable time in Houston was in 1986 or so when they played here during a freak ice storm (ironically for this post weather related).

Back on topic, Novack is being coy with what he's doing next. Will let you know once I find out.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010
    Houston TV meteorologist on ABC's The Bachelorette 2010?

Wow this one kind of surprised me. Yesterday I wrote that KPRC 2 weekend evening meteorologist, weather graphics producer and feature reporter Jonathan Novack was leaving the station (you can read more about his Metallica connection there too).

Mr. Novack is a bachelor on the upcoming ABC's The Bachelorette 2010. Didn't see that one coming! No wonder he could not say what he was doing next.

Yes Novack is one of the dudes vying for the attention of one Ms. Ali Fedotowsky.

Guess that is good if you are going to be a Bachelorette contestant.

Now how are the other Houston television stations going to cover this one? The show runs on KTRK abc13 after all and that station does mention the show in its newscasts. Do producers mention that a dude from the competition is a contestant? Or do they pretend not to know him?
    mikemcguff.com blog: Houston TV meteorologist on ABC's The Bachelorette 2010?
    Last edited by Love_Me; 05-06-2010 at 02:56 AM.