Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Chris H put the casting call list up on his fb page yesterday... there are no less than 4 casting calls in FL. Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa. Is this normal for one state to have that many? Is it possible that Roberto is having any input in this maybe for his stint as The Bachelor next season?

from Chris' fb page 6/1/10 ::
    Chris Harrison Calling all Bachelors and Bachelorettes: Check out upcoming castings going on across the nation... Hope I'll get to see you next season!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3921077;
    I'm not getting where Roberto is 'goofy' at all, that seems to match Ali more than anyone else on this show.

I don't think Ali is ready for marriage from how she's acting.

As for Frank, so they let him keep in touch with his ex? Sounds like a total set up to me.
    I can just picture how the conversation went between Frank and Fleiss....

I just broke up with my gf, she's a mess, do you mind if I call her now and then to make sure she's ok? Fliess with an evil grin - no we don't mind at all...here's a cell phone, to call the poor lil darlin any time you like.

Fleiss soliloquy....looks like I've got me another Ed-like situation, now that's pure gold!! I'll make sure Ali gets a date early on so she'll fall for the guy and with a little luck and some manipulation on my part, maybe, just maybe, he'll pack up and go home and leave Ali hanging... this could just be the most.... dramatic..... season..... ever!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3921085;
    I can just picture how the conversation went between Frank and Fleiss....

I just broke up with my gf, she's a mess, do you mind if I call her now and then to make sure she's ok? Fliess with an evil grin - no we don't mind at all...here's a cell phone, to call the poor lil darlin any time you like.

Fleiss soliloquy....looks like I've got me another Ed-like situation, now that's pure gold!! I'll make sure Ali gets a date early on so she'll fall for the guy and with a little luck and some manipulation on my part, maybe, just maybe, he'll pack up and go home and leave Ali hanging... this could just be the most.... dramatic..... season..... ever!!
    I wonder what storylines they will have to start using next, obviously the gf and the leaving for work stories had been all used up....Im anxious to see what avenue they will go down next season.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3921054;
    Thanks so much for the People recap, cfck2222. That's pretty interesting and brings two things to mind. 1) The "unspoiled" Frank fans will probably be visiting our side of the board shortly and 2) this is an excellent example of a time when I hope jlccaz or Kasha will pop in. I'd love to know if MF hired a new "media massager" after Jillian's season. He or she has sure done a good job keeping the ending hidden with Jake and Ali. I'm wondering who's in charge of that. When leaks happened regarding Ed in Bette 5, they weren't happy, but still kept the ending hidden. They seem to have decided leaks may not be so bad after all, and now selectively leak. I'd be curious to know if MF hired someone who happens to be brilliant at this job.
    I'd love to see the people you mentioned pop in too!

IA about selective leaks. I think the lesson they learned from Jillian's season is that they want to stay ahead of the story. But also for whatever reason I think they had no desire to defend Jillian but they want to have more control of the story that gets out for Ali. Why that is is anybody's guess. It could be shallow reasons, it could be they like Ali better, it could be they like Ali's season better for storytelling purposes, it could be they like Ali's choice better, it could be (and IMO this is probably the biggest factor) that they think their season ratings will benefit if they've got more control of the stories for the season.

I am happily (I guess) surprised that the Honchos gave a thumbs up for this article to the point where there is a new bit from Ali about her reaction in Tahiti. Maybe this will stem the tide of salacious gossip from the mags post show.

From the sounds of it, the two girl friend situations were reported as news and not gossip and I appreciate that.
    They don't have Ali comment directly on Justin or Frank. All the facts about Justin's 2 girlfriends (he is said to have promised Jessica marriage on his return but People reports that Jessica has dumped him) are credited to an anonymous source. So is the Frank story. In that sense I guess you could call it gossip. Being honest I skimmed the Justin part because I was more interested in how they framed the Frank part and I didn't have that much time to read. But I thought the article was not written very sensationalistically.

It's People mag and People has a deal for Bachelor/ette coverage so I've always viewed People's take as the official spin. If People's citing an anonymous source IMO it's somebody from the official camp and they're acting with permission from the principals.

The really interesting thing is that Ali appeared to have suffered a blow to her ego rather than her deeper emotions. Crying it out while staring at a ceiling is much better than screaming and carrying-on. I think she got off of that bed with new resolve and we will see a nervous, but determined Ali in the Finale.
    That's what I'm hoping for. The story they're telling for Ali seems to be one of overcoming insecurities, fears, and doubts. It'd be good to see some growth in those aspects.

I'm not getting where Roberto is 'goofy' at all, that seems to match Ali more than anyone else on this show.

As for Frank, so they let him keep in touch with his ex? Sounds like a total set up to me.
    IA about not finding Roberto goofy but I can see how somebody might find his moves (especially the pumping up of his baseball career) a little cheesy.

I won't say I'm an Ali fan because I literally knew nothing about her before this season but I assume she's in this for the adventure, attention, as a set up for future gigs, money, and if she finds love, great. That having been said I just would not find it credible if she were really talking about finding her husband 2 episodes into this season. I find her current approach to be much more believable. If by the end of the season she is demanding a proposal I probably won't find it to be credible either but I figure there's no reason to get serious until she's down to the serious contenders: probably F4 forward.

The Frank keeping in touch with his ex part surprised me somewhat too. That is how the anonymous source put it. I could not tell whether the source was just referring to the fact that he reunited with her after his HTD with Ali (the fact that he taped a reunion with his ex was not mentioned) or whether the source is saying he was in touch with her all along. No details and I actually thought it was not a nasty portrayal of Frank at all as a result. They presented him as tortured not a jerk with bad intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3921086;
    I wonder what storylines they will have to start using next, obviously the gf and the leaving for work stories had been all used up....Im anxious to see what avenue they will go down next season.
    All Fliess has to do is read back through the FORT forums for previous Bachelor seasons, and he will find more plots for the show than he could use in a lifetime! Why hire writers at all when he has us?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3920908;
    Repeat Names On `The Bachelorette' No Coincidence

Repeat Names On `The Bachelorette' No Coincidence

I'd ask if this was serious but alas, I know it is. Although I do love her conclusion, hopefully Ali stumbled on it herself so I can finally have my happy TB ending. Who cares about Ali's wants and needs?!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3921082;
    Chris H put the casting call list up on his fb page yesterday... there are no less than 4 casting calls in FL. Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa. Is this normal for one state to have that many? Is it possible that Roberto is having any input in this maybe for his stint as The Bachelor next season?

from Chris' fb page 6/1/10 ::
    Chris Harrison Calling all Bachelors and Bachelorettes: Check out upcoming castings going on across the nation... Hope I'll get to see you next season!

Do we have any past casting calls to compare to. Anybody remember what the other ones looked like location wise - normal areas they look in compared to this one to see if they are the same or if Florida is in fact loaded more here. Anyone?

In Jillian's season, kendra_k sleuthed some casting calls in West Palm Beach, FL and Dallas. Other than that, I don't know.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3921077;

I thought the same thing. We have yet to see that if that's the case. I hope we can see Roberto act goofy and all, but so far, I just haven't seen that.

In the new issue of People. This was on the cover.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."