Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

TV Ratings for The Bachelorette 6

Episode 2:
    7.98 million viewers and 2.4/7 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelorette 6 Premiere:
    9.08 million viewers and 2.8/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelorette 5 (Jillian) episode 2:
    6.01 million viewers and 2.1/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelorette 4 (MeAnna) episode 2:
    5.54 million viewers and 2.0/5 in adults.

Comparison to The Bachelor 14 (Jake) episode 2:
    10.5 million viewers and 3.7/9 in adults 18-49.
    Fast affiliate ratings.

Comparison to The Bachelor 13 (Jasson) episode 2:
    9.06 million viewers and 3.2/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 (Matt) episode 2:
    8.0 million viewers and 2.2/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 (Br@d) episode 2:
    9.58 million viewers and 3.6/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 (Andy) episode 2:
    9.23 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 (Lorenzo) episode 2:
    7.98 million viewers and 3.1/7 in adults 18-49.

Unlike last week where it dropped by the half-hour, the show gained each half-hour peaking at 8.31 million viewers and 2.7/7 in the demo in the last half-hour. The ending of episode 2 actually beat the premiere's ending in viewers.

Competition was repeats except for NBC which aired Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Bachelorette beat it in both viewers and demo. ABC's lead out show True Beauty lost three million viewers, dropping ABC to second on the night. Say goodbye to that show.

Ali's episode 2 dropped only about a million viewers from the premiere, compared to Jillian's drop of three million viewers. Both shows aired on the Memorial Day holiday. MeAnna's episode 2 dropped by over four million viewers. Ali's season is doing almost two and a half million viewers better than MeAnna's, and almost two million viewers better than Jillian's. Ali is even with Lorenzo and Matt, which both aired during the TV season.

ABC is saying that they had their best ratings for Memorial Day since 2006. Not bad. ABC is happy.

Thanks cfck2222 for posting the ratings, as I was delayed.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 06-02-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3920662;
    Wow! That was hard to watch, seeing it so painful for the other guys to watch. I felt bad for them. Cut, Cut, Cut!!!!!!!!
    the editing probably made it look like they kissed much longer than they really did once the director yelled "cut". For all we know it could have only been for a second or two and they exaggerated it because of Franks comment in a PI, when he said they didn't stop at "cut"
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

WOWsers - I had to watch with the sound off - but HELLO....Ali and Kirk were definitely enjoying themselves.....reminds me of the GH thing Jason and his girls did ---awkward to say the least. Interesting how they had the guys sitting there then they all left except Frank.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Thanks Zinnia for all the historical ratings data. It's definitely good getting the bigger picture.

If you all want to check out the new People there's a new interview with Ali. Ali's on the cover but on the side since the main cover story is Gary Coleman. The big tease is "Bachelorette Betrayed?" You can guess where this is going.

The story covers Justin and Frank. It also covers the Kasey crazy angle and basically have an anonymous source saying he was crazy for Ali but not crazy. The tattoo gesture didn't go over well. With Justin they cover the 2 girlfriends. With Frank they say he was torn between starting a relationship with Ali and his love back home and chose to return to his ex with whom he had been pretty serious. In an inset they say he kept in touch with his girl back home during the show. An anonymous source says they feel bad for Ali because they think she "really liked" Frank. I put that part in quotes because they didn't say she was in love with him, they said she really liked him. Take that as you will. Neither Justin nor Frank commented for the article (I'm sure they weren't allowed but the article doesn't say that).

Ali says she always gave guys the benefit of the doubt unless they gave her a reason to suspect their intentions. She says that her season was full of good guys but there were bound to be a couple of rotten ones. The mag says she tears up thinking about it. They mention that her low point was in Tahiti. Ali says she was really upset and wondering if anybody could ever really love her. She was full of doubts and really hurt. There's something about lying in bed and staring up at the ceiling crying or something like that. Ali didn't give away the ending. All she says is she's happy with what she learned or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3921027;
    Thanks Zinnia for all the historical ratings data. It's definitely good getting the bigger picture.

If you all want to check out the new People there's a new interview with Ali. Ali's on the cover but on the side since the main cover story is Gary Coleman. The big tease is "Bachelorette Betrayed?" You can guess where this is going.

The story covers Justin and Frank. It also covers the Kasey crazy angle and basically have an anonymous source saying he was crazy for Ali but not crazy. The tattoo gesture didn't go over well. With Justin they cover the 2 girlfriends. With Frank they say he was torn between starting a relationship with Ali and his love back home and chose to return to his ex with whom he had been pretty serious. In an inset they say he kept in touch with his girl back home during the show. An anonymous source says they feel bad for Ali because they think she "really liked" Frank. I put that part in quotes because they didn't say she was in love with him, they said she really liked him. Take that as you will. Neither Justin nor Frank commented for the article (I'm sure they weren't allowed but the article doesn't say that).

Ali says she always gave guys the benefit of the doubt unless they gave her a reason to suspect their intentions. She says that her season was full of good guys but there were bound to be a couple of rotten ones. The mag says she tears up thinking about it. They mention that her low point was in Tahiti. Ali says she was really upset and wondering if anybody could ever really love her. She was full of doubts and really hurt. There's something about lying in bed and staring up at the ceiling crying or something like that. Ali didn't give away the ending. All she says is she's happy with what she learned or something along those lines.
    Interesting how they are not even trying to hide Frank leaving. She still tears up about it it seems. It'll be interesting at the Men Tell All. I hope whomever she picks, Chris L or Roberto, were going to actually be her F1 and not a backup.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3920908;
    Repeat Names On `The Bachelorette' No Coincidence

"Hopkins can tell that they’re both seeking a cushy, comfortable lifestyle with plenty of cash."

Out of all of the characteristics there are, am I supposed to be impressed by this particular, shallow, personal characteristic?
    There is nothing wrong with being financially comfortable in life, especially if you work hard to get there, but there is something terribly wrong with the insinuation that you pick your partner in life primarily with that in mind.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Thanks so much for the People recap, cfck2222. That's pretty interesting and brings two things to mind. 1) The "unspoiled" Frank fans will probably be visiting our side of the board shortly and 2) this is an excellent example of a time when I hope jlccaz or Kasha will pop in. I'd love to know if MF hired a new "media massager" after Jillian's season. He or she has sure done a good job keeping the ending hidden with Jake and Ali. I'm wondering who's in charge of that. When leaks happened regarding Ed in Bette 5, they weren't happy, but still kept the ending hidden. They seem to have decided leaks may not be so bad after all, and now selectively leak. I'd be curious to know if MF hired someone who happens to be brilliant at this job.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3920908;
    You have GOT to be kidding me. At least psychics talk a better mumbo jumbo.

I am happily (I guess) surprised that the Honchos gave a thumbs up for this article to the point where there is a new bit from Ali about her reaction in Tahiti. Maybe this will stem the tide of salacious gossip from the mags post show.

From the sounds of it, the two girl friend situations were reported as news and not gossip and I appreciate that.

The really interesting thing is that Ali appeared to have suffered a blow to her ego rather than her deeper emotions. Crying it out while staring at a ceiling is much better than screaming and carrying-on. I think she got off of that bed with new resolve and we will see a nervous, but determined Ali in the Finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3920823;
    I know what you mean. I hope that, if she continues to act this way throughout the series, she picks Roberto for a fun, hot summer. However, I'm really hoping that after her date with Chris, she realizes that it's time to be a woman and get serious.

I'm almost getting shades of Deanna from her. We're all going to be yelling at the TV for her to pick the serious, family minded man - Chris, and instead she'll pick the sweet, goofy boyfriend - Roberto. Deanna also started her season talking about family and children, and we all know what happened to that.
    I'm not getting where Roberto is 'goofy' at all, that seems to match Ali more than anyone else on this show.

I don't think Ali is ready for marriage from how she's acting.

As for Frank, so they let him keep in touch with his ex? Sounds like a total set up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3920699;
    Can someone tell me during what interview Ali said the Joshua Radin date was her favorite?
    There is a link to this interview in this media section, page 64, post 639.