Thread: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Wow!!! That was pretty hot. Frank was funny when he said that Ali didn't have to do that, because the director yells "cut". Ali looked like she was enjoying herself to stop. That was pretty intimate with her on top of Kirk like that. I don't blame the guys for leaving, that was just awkward & really, really weird if Frank stayed to watch.

I wonder how Jonathan messes up his kiss. It it was him that messed up the kiss I'm sure we'll see him beating himself up over it for the rest of the episode.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3920708;
    'The Bachelorette' down versus premiere; 'True Beauty' underwhelms

'The Bachelorette' down versus premiere; 'True Beauty' underwhelms | EW.com

Shouldn't The Bachelorette ratings have gone up last night? It was one of the only new shows on.
    Definitely not. Season premieres always have way higher ratings. Plus The B'ette lacked the DWTS lead in this week. Like I said last week the ratings were definitely going to down this week, it was just a question of how much.

Here's a breakdown of the #s from Marc Berman of Mediaweek:

Ali's season
    Over at ABC, week two of goofy The Bachelorette moved into the 8-10 p.m. block with an acceptable 7.58 million viewers and a 2.4/ 7 in the demo from 8-10 p.m., with growth in every half-hour as follows:

The Bachelorette (ABC)
    8:00 p.m. – Viewers: 6.72 million (#1), A18-49: 2.0/ 7 (#1)
    8:30 p.m. – Viewers: 7.28 million (#1), A18-49: 2.4/ 7 (#1)
    9:00 p.m. – Viewers: 8.02 million (#2), A18-49: 2.6/ 7 (#1t)
    9:30 p.m. – Viewers: 8.31 million (#2), A18-49: 2.7/ 7 (#2)
    Here's how it compares to the 2nd week of Jillian's season:

Overall, The Bachelorette (which is a far cry from the recent season of The Bachelor) averaged 6.01 million viewers and a 2.1/ 6 among adults 18-49 from 8-10 p.m., with the half-hour breakdown as follows:

The Bachelorette (ABC)
    8:00 p.m. – Viewers: 5.60 million (#3), A18-49: 1.8/ 6 (#2)
    8:30 p.m. – Viewers: 5.83 million (#2), A18-49: 2.0/ 6 (#1)
    9:00 p.m. – Viewers: 6.13 million (#3), A18-49: 2.1/ 6 (#2)
    9:30 p.m. – Viewers: 6.47 million (#3), A18-49: 2.3/ 6 (#1t)
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-01-2010 at 09:55 PM.

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3920708;
    'The Bachelorette' down versus premiere; 'True Beauty' underwhelms

'The Bachelorette' down versus premiere; 'True Beauty' underwhelms | EW.com

Shouldn't The Bachelorette ratings have gone up last night? It was one of the only new shows on.
    It was a holiday, a lot of people weren't home, or got confused like my sister, thinking yesterday was Sunday and didn't put it on. DUH!~

I read an article that said that from last year's memorial day show they were up 1.6 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbyd;3920327;
    We also know that the passionate kiss is definately Kirk because in the previews when they show his kissing scene the word "PASSION" flashes across the screen.
    Kirk & Ali's "passionate"kiss in the promo is an understatement. WOW! They are kissing, rolling on the bed with the other guys watching and when TP said CUT, they kept right on kissing (with tongue). Frank had a fit and was fit to be tied in a PI, which thrilled me because of what he does in the end. The camera cuts to Chris L and he looks uncomfortable and a little jealous. It was so uncomfortable for some, they left the room (John C, Chris N & Justin) or that's what it looked like they were doing.

That promo is worth watching if you haven't seen it. Can't wait, but most of all I want to see how Ali & Chris L perform in this video.

I want to know if the director shooting the BNL music video picked who she was with in each scene or if the bachelors choose what they wanted to do. Kirk got the best part from the footage we watched so far.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I could almost guarantee you that TPTB from the Bachelor were the ones to choose who did what.

Hmm. Nice sneak peek there. I know this is coming off extremely judgmental but what kind of trollop is Ali!? I didn't know what could beat Jill and Ed's ED situation from last season but 2 episodes in and Ali is already gunning for Jill's title. Good for you!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3920815;
    Hmm. Nice sneak peek there. I know this is coming off extremely judgmental but what kind of trollop is Ali!? I didn't know what could beat Jill and Ed's ED situation from last season but 2 episodes in and Ali is already gunning for Jill's title. Good for you!
    I know what you mean. I hope that, if she continues to act this way throughout the series, she picks Roberto for a fun, hot summer. However, I'm really hoping that after her date with Chris, she realizes that it's time to be a woman and get serious.

I'm almost getting shades of Deanna from her. We're all going to be yelling at the TV for her to pick the serious, family minded man - Chris, and instead she'll pick the sweet, goofy boyfriend - Roberto. Deanna also started her season talking about family and children, and we all know what happened to that.

Repeat Names On `The Bachelorette' No Coincidence

Many of the guys competing on The Bachelorette this season share the same name, and it’s no coincidence.
    There are multiple men named Chris, John, Tyler, and Craig vying for Ali Fedotowsky’s love, but it all makes perfect sense to name expert Kerri Hopkins.

Hopkins, who can analyze people’s personality traits based on the letters in their names, says the crop of guys on the dating show all love the spotlight and healthy competition.

This holds especially true for the Tylers, Ty, and Craigs, who really enjoy being the center of attention.

Hopkins says the best fit for Ali, however, are the guys named Chris because they’re social, witty, and hard-working.

She thinks Chris L. is the TV babe’s perfect match because the letters in his name imply that he’s determined and “loves money,” just like Ali.

Hopkins can tell that they’re both seeking a cushy, comfortable lifestyle with plenty of cash.
    Repeat Names On `The Bachelorette' No Coincidence
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."