Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Spoiler or Sleuthing?

  1. #1
    FORT Fanatic IrishGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    782

    Spoiler or Sleuthing?

    So can we make comments about RS's spoliers here? I hope?

  2. #2
    There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,675

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Comments about Reality Steve's blogs should be posted in the Reality Steve Spoiler Thread.

    Any other spoilers learned outside of his blog should be posted here.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3872103;
    Comments about Reality Steve's blogs should be posted in the Reality Steve Spoiler Thread.

    Any other spoilers learned outside of his blog should be posted here.
    Oh man this is going to get really confusing. The show garnishes so much information... Will I ever be able to remember where I heard it?

    Okay, If I hear it 1st at RS... post in that thread
    If I heard it somewhere else... post in this thread
    If I figured it out on my own... post in the sleuthing thread
    If I heard it somewhere else, but others have figured it out, post in sleuthing
    If I heard it from an Ali tweet... Spoiler? or sleuthing.... Oh crud, I don't know?
    If Chris Tweets this will be the most amazing Rose Ceremony yet, Spoiler or Sleuth? or is there still a general section of the board for TV viewers who don't want to be spoiled by RS, others or sleuthers?

    sometimes I think I just best not post because I can't remember where I first heard something...
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  4. #4
    Team Gremily! Noobslueth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3872103;
    Comments about Reality Steve's blogs should be posted in the Reality Steve Spoiler Thread.

    Any other spoilers learned outside of his blog should be posted here.
    Since RS can play a huge part in spoiling ... are we not supposed to mention him in the regular spoiler section at all?

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3872110;
    If Chris Tweets this will be the most amazing Rose Ceremony yet, Spoiler or Sleuth?

    Since we have never, ever heard Chris Harrison say that it is the most dramatic/amazing/romantic rose ceremony ever - sure that would be a huge spoiler of the bachelor/bachelorette franchise .

    The rest - still confusing to me.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

  6. #6
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Don't make it so difficult on yourself. Of course RS can be mentioned anywhere in spoilers, but the primary place to discuss the information he shares as it comes out would be the RS thread. Spoilers from other inside sources will come out as well, and it doesn't make sense to have one single massive thread.

    Tweets that don't share any information aren't spoilers. Tweets that say, "Well, I'm back home after getting booted from The Bachelorette" are a spoiler.

    Use common sense, PM a staff member if you're not sure. Also, don't bog the spoiler threads down with talk of past seasons or who your favorite is. Why? Because they are not spoilers. Use the regular show forum if you need to pontificate on someone's hawtness.

    Edit: ^^that above stuff about Jeremy and RS tweeting obviously joke stuff is definitely suited for sleuthing. I appreciate that it was put here in case it was a spoiler, but it's pretty clearly a joke even if it does involve the usually-spoilerrific Reality Steve.
    Last edited by hepcat; 04-08-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  7. #7
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3872110;
    sometimes I think I just best not post because I can't remember where I first heard something...
    But that's exactly it - the separation is supposed to help. In previous seasons, it has been a problem sorting out genuine spoilers from off-the-cuff speculation. Someone posts, "Hey, I heard that guy Hunter beat up his previous girlfriend" and 2,000 posts later it's become a "fact" because it's too difficult to track down where anyone first heard that the guy was a girlfriend beater. It helps to try to inject some organization into the chaos.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,112

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3873035;
    Don't make it so difficult on yourself. Of course RS can be mentioned anywhere in spoilers, but the primary place to discuss the information he shares as it comes out would be the RS thread. Spoilers from other inside sources will come out as well, and it doesn't make sense to have one single massive thread.

    Tweets that don't share any information aren't spoilers. Tweets that say, "Well, I'm back home after getting booted from The Bachelorette" are a spoiler.

    Use common sense, PM a staff member if you're not sure. Also, don't bog the spoiler threads down with talk of past seasons or who your favorite is. Why? Because they are not spoilers. Use the regular show forum if you need to pontificate on someone's hawtness.

    Edit: ^^that above stuff about Jeremy and RS tweeting obviously joke stuff is definitely suited for sleuthing. I appreciate that it was put here in case it was a spoiler, but it's pretty clearly a joke even if it does involve the usually-spoilerrific Reality Steve.
    OK, one more question, please, and then I think I understand how all this is supposed to work. What is considered the regular show forum? Is that the thread titled "New Bachelorette" that is in neither the Sleuthing nor the Spoiler forum? Is that to be used similar to the "Thoughts and Comments" thread from seasons past? Also, is it spoiled or non-spoiled? And can we have both?

    Sorry, guess I had more than one question. I appreciate your help.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  9. #9
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    The regular forum is spoiler-free. There are people who actually enjoy watching everything unfold on their TVs instead of knowing ahead of time who is going home. It is not like the Thoughts and Comments thread, because spoilers were rampant in that thread. When people talk about their favorites, we prefer it go in the regular forum because it is not a spoiler to say you like someone's looks or actions on the show.

    The sleuthing and spoiler forums are sub forums of the regular show forum.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Bachelorette 6 Ali Fedotowsky***Spoilers***

    If I can add my two cents. Sleuthing is trying to figure it all out using, screen caps, tweets from innocent people, info sleuthers get from people working in productions and any information obtained from various sources.

    A filming schedule is sleuthed, locations are sleuthed out from people that actually see the filming happening in real time. Sleuthers determine when a RC takes place, when a date takes place, where they take place and who gets sent home and who's left remaining.

    Alot of hours and time is spent sleuthing, trying to determine fact from rumours, posting s/caps, keeping track of the progress, sleuthing out locations, hotels, beaches, landscape, and all in all, you have to be very organized. In the past, sleuthing threads got bogged down with personal opinions of contestants, rumours, arguments about past shows etc, where the focus should be strictly on sleuthing.

    RS comes right out and says, the F1 is so and so, this puts a huge damper on the sleuthers that are trying to figure it all out with clues, as opposed to someone who gets his information directly from someone related to the show that knows the outcome, and in a matter of minutes, its all over. Its like watching a mystery and someone tells you the ending before its over.

    So anything related to RS, goes in the RS thread or spoilers.

    Sleuthing is strictly a "working" thread searching for information with proof and putting it all together in order to determine the outcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.