Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

  1. #5241
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    0

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    I am a newbie and have never posted but the us mag article ali said she will get married in converse sneakers..hmmm I AM STICKING WITH CHRIS!!!US

  2. #5242
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,888

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    If Fleiss' wailing and gnashing of teeth over spoilers is actually real this time and not just him puffing hot air, then I think it shows just how arrogant he is. People comment on how arrogant RS is, but look at Fleiss! Listen to him in that 20/20 special or the E! show. He comes across as thinking he is one awesome guy and everyone's pain and suffering at his hands is just fabulous. So if he has really decided to try and discredit RS or go after his sources, then that tells me he thinks the increased ratings are all his own doing and courtesy of all the extra manufactured nonsense that has gone on the last couple years.

    Big mistake if that's true, IMO. The drama plays a role for some, but the spoilers are what's fueling the tab coverage, the entertainment show coverage, etc. This show was in the mags far earlier and more often than ever the last two seasons, all because Steve spilled. I've said before I don't like Steve's language, or the fact that he has been rude to people. I really like the spoilers and knowing in advance what happens; makes the show more enjoyable for me. But the true bottom line for me is that he's up against one of the slimiest people in the television industry. Of course I'm going to root for him over Fleiss.

  3. #5243
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    940

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;4018397;
    MF said that he is going after who is telling RS the info though.

    I don't know what MF's thinking is. Heck, I don't even get Chris Harrison.
    Yeah...after thinking about what I wrote just above, I've come to the conclusion that I have NO way of knowing what MF is thinking. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to understand his thinking since that might actually be the first step toward lowering myself to his level which is the last thing I would want to do.

  4. #5244
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4018411;
    If Fleiss' wailing and gnashing of teeth over spoilers is actually real this time and not just him puffing hot air, then I think it shows just how arrogant he is. People comment on how arrogant RS is, but look at Fleiss! Listen to him in that 20/20 special or the E! show. He comes across as thinking he is one awesome guy and everyone's pain and suffering at his hands is just fabulous. So if he has really decided to try and discredit RS or go after his sources, then that tells me he thinks the increased ratings are all his own doing and courtesy of all the extra manufactured nonsense that has gone on the last couple years.

    Big mistake if that's true, IMO. The drama plays a role for some, but the spoilers are what's fueling the tab coverage, the entertainment show coverage, etc. This show was in the mags far earlier and more often than ever the last two seasons, all because Steve spilled. I've said before I don't like Steve's language, or the fact that he has been rude to people. I really like the spoilers and knowing in advance what happens; makes the show more enjoyable for me. But the true bottom line for me is that he's up against one of the slimiest people in the television industry. Of course I'm going to root for him over Fleiss.
    Me too. I don't like Fleiss at all. I don't like how he manipulates not only the people who go on the show, but the fans of this show. It's beyond pathetic and sad what this show has done to people.

    Roberto didn't watch the show, so he really didn't know what he was getting into. That's a good and bad thing. Good that he didn't let the show manipulate him into thinking he already knew Ali and bad, because this show isn't what it advertises itself to be.

  5. #5245
    FORT Fanatic Caligirl81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    490

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4017936;
    I want him to be wrong and I hope his sources dry up for upcoming seasons. I don't want to "know" the ending before it happens. It's different when the sleuthers come up with something based on the SCs. If you could avoid hearing what he has to say by avoiding his site and spoilers threads it wouldn't be so bad but you can't. I won't read his blog because I think he's a chauvinistic jerk but understand a lot of people like it and that's fine. I just don't want him to spoil a season for me like Jake's (not that I really cared about him, lol) or potentially this one. Of course I think he's right up to what he knows but there's more to the story.
    There is a another side to this board for people like you who just want to sleuth and don't want to know the ending.

  6. #5246
    Lovely Lilly! StanleyCupCanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    I find the timing of the RS reversal on E! interesting because Steve McPherson, President of ABC resigned early this week and Paul Lee from ABC Family took over. McPherson was a big supporter of TB.

    I wonder if the new guy didn't like what was happening with re: RS or wanted some type of policy changes for the show or the network. His first words were "There is Work to Do" here to the press.

  7. #5247
    FORT Fanatic latergator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    668

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by rodeogirl;4018407;
    I am a newbie and have never posted but the us mag article ali said she will get married in converse sneakers..hmmm I AM STICKING WITH CHRIS!!!US
    welcome rodeogirl congratulations on your first post.

    I am sticking with the love story that I saw this year, and that is Chris and Ali♥

  8. #5248
    FORT Fanatic Flori da's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    611

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4017936;
    I want him to be wrong and I hope his sources dry up for upcoming seasons. I don't want to "know" the ending before it happens. It's different when the sleuthers come up with something based on the SCs. If you could avoid hearing what he has to say by avoiding his site and spoilers threads it wouldn't be so bad but you can't. I won't read his blog because I think he's a chauvinistic jerk but understand a lot of people like it and that's fine. I just don't want him to spoil a season for me like Jake's (not that I really cared about him, lol) or potentially this one. Of course I think he's right up to what he knows but there's more to the story.
    I see your point. It was different when RS was giving out info to those who chose to read it. Now no one can escape it. Makes it difficult, if not impossible, for those who want to be unspoiled. I would love to see RS be wrong this season. Ali had two great guys and it would be a shame if she ended up with no one.

  9. #5249
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    I have been on RS's site for a while now and have mixed feelings about him. I decided that I do want to know the spoilers, so I make sure to go there to check out any info at the beginning of a new season.

    I enjoy his reviews of the show but sometimes I think he's a bit too chauvinistic for my taste. He is also quite verbose, to say the least. All I know is that he made sure to tell his readers to check back on the site this week for more spoiler info about the ATFR. The only thing I have seen is the twittering about how he was edited out of that E channel special on the Bachelor. I am wondering if ABC threatened E with some kind of legal action. I saw the original broadcast and they didn't even show his name when he did his little comments about each of the bachelor seasons. It just said - TV Blogger! So now he's been replaced by some woman who is saying what he said but in her own words! Interesting.

    I also see that he has nothing whatsoever on the ATFR. I don't know if anything has been going on behind the scenes, but for now it appears that either his sources have been found and the leaks plugged, or no one is saying anything.

    In a way, I think I like not knowing the ending this time. I do not have one ounce of respect for ML. I think he would sell his own mother for ratings! That guy has NO scruples whatsoever. However, I am not thrilled with RS either. His interviews with the contestants who were painted as villains, are getting kind of old. It's the same old story - I was the innocent victim and the evil producers made me do it all! What else is new. We all know how heavily edited and scripted this show has always been.

    Soon enough we will have our answer as to what really happens this season!

  10. #5250
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;4018589;
    I find the timing of the RS reversal on E! interesting because Steve McPherson, President of ABC resigned early this week and Paul Lee from ABC Family took over. McPherson was a big supporter of TB.

    I wonder if the new guy didn't like what was happening with re: RS or wanted some type of policy changes for the show or the network. His first words were "There is Work to Do" here to the press.
    But, wouldn't he already know RS would be on in the first place?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.