Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4017997;
    This show isn't going to give us any caps to determine much of anything. It's no longer the same, so I like that RS tells what really happened.
    That's fine with me. I love not knowing and just watching. That way I can hold onto the ending I want until I'm proven right .... or wrong.

FORT Fanatic

How can we fault RS for what he said anymore than we could have faulted the spoiler who kept showing all the
    "moles on arm" and confirming it was Melissa as F1 during Jason's season? That spoiler was made known pretty
    early in the season.. I just don't see the difference. I think a lot of people don't like RS and fault him for
    doing what has been done in the past by others.

I think RS is in for a surprise, well maybe not a big surprise because I think he's been sweating it for a few weeks now.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4018037;
    How can we fault RS for what he said anymore than we could have faulted the spoiler who kept showing all the
    "moles on arm" and confirming it was Melissa as F1 during Jason's season? That spoiler was made known pretty
    early in the season.. I just don't see the difference. I think a lot of people don't like RS and fault him for
    RS is trying to make a career of bringing down the Bachelor imo. He's gotten to the point that he's now giving interviews which makes it impossible to completely stay away from. That's completely different from the sleuthers who use the previews that MF gives us to figure out the ending. I also don't like that RS is very quick to believe any info he gets that fits his perceived notion about the show such as that Jason wanted Molly all along but was forced to pick Melissa. From what I heard his source that season was another bachelorette and not an insider and she had her own ax to grind with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4018037;

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Not only that but the comments on his snark. Isn't that exactly what we are doing here? What I don't understand is if someone don't want the spoilers, why are they in the spoiler threads? Especially this season, there were seperate spoiler and speculation threads. It is not as if he came over her and posted in the speculation thread. I myself prefer the spoilers over the speculation and gossip. Wasn't all RS info supposed to stay in this thread? I wasn't on much this season as I normally am but the only spoiler info I seen was in here. You can't blame him when others bring that info here.

Just heard on E that Mel is pregnant. She said they weren't trying either. She also said she took the test 15 times before she would finally believe it.

I did stay off the spoilers for a long time but both this season and last, someone told me what they heard either on the radio or internet. It's everywhere and I've seen info on other sites even on the non-spoiler threads so it's impossible to completely avoid even if you stay off the internet which I'm not going to do. I still like the show and hate to stay off the bachelor/ette sites.

Obviously my not liking RS isn't going to amount to anything and he'll still do his best to find sources. I just hope they dry up on him and he's shut out in the future. He can still snark on the show all he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by suebenjamin;4017622;

*clipped*

For The Bachelor/ette, I think an even stronger pro-spoiler case can be made. The series was close to cancellation after the Matt/Shayne season. And yes, Fleiss amped up the sleeze , the manipulation and the humiliation. This appeals to many viewers who have come to realize that the fairy tale love story may be short-term or non-existent even under the purer circumstances of the early seasons. Many viewers still want the Trista-Ryan outcome, but Fleiss can't produce that on demand so I don't think he tries very hard any more.

The spoilers help Fleiss because they feed the tabloids, the magazines and the entertainment shows in a way Fleiss can't. That builds the viewership for those who want to see how these things turn out. Shame on Fleiss for biting the hand that feeds him.

I read the closed sets, the lawsuit threat, the crackdown on spoiling and the petty revenge as strong signs that the ending would disappoint potential viewers if it were truly known. To me that all reads that she ended up with no one. If she did pick someone, I don't think they're still together.
    IA! I have always known that MF was slimy, but I never took him as an idiot until now. His show was dead, and has been given a second life. All of this drama and controversy has helped the show, but the drama has also been fueled by the mag coverage they have gotten. Like it or not, but RS has had a hand in that. He has given the mags a source of gossip that they have come to rely on and feel comfortable running with. The more mags the show is in, the more popular it gets! That said, I don't think RS is a genius, I think truthfully it has been dumb luck, but I say more power to him if he has found a way to use it to his financial advantage.

MF also cannot argue that it has in any way harmed the show. The more that is disclosed early on, the higher the ratings have gotten. Frankly we could have a photo of Ali in her FRC gown holding up a sign saying "I dumped both dudes, bring on the men!" and people would STILL doubt the ending!

With the spoilers for this season, if RS isn't right, then what he is saying wouldn't be spoilers. The way I look at it, you can't have it both ways. Either MF is mad because RS did indeed spoil the season, or there would be no reason for him to be up in arms.
    The problem with rag mags is that when people like what is printed then they think they are reliable, and when people don't like it they like to drag out all the former stories that were wrong

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;4018064;
    I think RS is in for a surprise, well maybe not a big surprise because I think he's been sweating it for a few weeks now.
    I think you are right. The only thing he's had to say for a while now is about him, no new details of filming. If he was still sure of his information, he'd be crowing every day.

First his talk about Fleiss sending out a private investigator, then talk about getting swapped out of a tv special, presumably at Fleiss's request. He's in major damage control mode now.

If he's wrong, he's positioning himself to claim he's so important and such a threat that Fleiss intentionally planted his mis-information this season. RS has got to do some major face-saving if he's wrong. I don't think he can do it, as fast as he's risen (to the point of being quoted by the mainstream media), his fall will be even faster.

The Bachelor/ette is a multi-million dollar enterprise. RS was just a fly on the wall when it was just internet forums quoting him. We're such a small segment of viewers, they didn't care much about that.

After RS correctly announced early it was Jake/Vienna, the mainstream media started reprinting his spoilers and crediting him. ABC and Next Entertainment were not going to stand by and let him run wild. They wanted to neutralize him, and if it turns out Ali picks Chris or Roberto tomorrow night, they will have succeeded. Sure, he'll still be an internet presence, but the mainstream media won't repeat his predictions next season like they did this season, and that's what matters most to them.

FORT Newbie

I agree with........don't shoot the messanger.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;4018112;
    I think you are right. The only thing he's had to say for a while now is about him, no new details of filming. If he was still sure of his information, he'd be crowing every day.

First his talk about Fleiss sending out a private investigator, then talk about getting swapped out of a tv special, presumably at Fleiss's request. He's in major damage control mode now.

If he's wrong, he's positioning himself to claim he's so important and such a threat that Fleiss intentionally planted his mis-information this season. RS has got to do some major face-saving if he's wrong. I don't think he can do it, as fast as he's risen (to the point of being quoted by the mainstream media), his fall will be even faster.

The Bachelor/ette is a multi-million dollar enterprise. RS was just a fly on the wall when it was just internet forums quoting him. We're such a small segment of viewers, they didn't care much about that.

After RS correctly announced early it was Jake/Vienna, the mainstream media started reprinting his spoilers and crediting him. ABC and Next Entertainment were not going to stand by and let him run wild. They wanted to neutralize him, and if it turns out Ali picks Chris or Roberto tomorrow night, they will have succeeded. Sure, he'll still be an internet presence, but the mainstream media won't repeat his predictions next season like they did this season, and that's what matters most to them.
    He also baited Fleiss and ABC too much for them to ignore it. Once he pronounced himself the "winner" it became obvious to me that he's going to get his comeuppance from Fleiss and Co. It's just too much- he angered the beast.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City