Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by aslongasufollow;4017451;
    thanks cupcakes

can someone tell me the significance of the twit photo and the sig of the blue arrow?

thanks
    ALAUF-- Many think that the picture is similar to the one that Jillian took of Ed in his green mankini while they were at their safehouse prior to the end of their show. The blue arrow is pointing to some plaid material. Some people think these are shorts that Roberto is wearing but if you look closely to the left you can see that the fabric continues in a way that shorts wouldn't. This points to the fact that it may be a blanket or sheet. If the picture is one that was taken "after the show" many feel that it is a good indication that Roberto is F1 and he and Ali are still together.

ETA-- oops needsalife, didn't see your post

I can say this... I have always thought of RS as a spoiler with AWESOME information just like anyone else, unbeatable!! However, I happened to get into a discussion with him this season (to the tune of 20 e-mails - don't ask) and although he NEVER waivered from his belief that he heard Ali was single, this conversation was the proof I needed to know there was a "chance" he could be wrong this season! Nothing he said specifically, just a sense I got after our conversation. I have said this all along in my earlier posts!

FORT Regular

RS shouldn't have bragged about making a lot of money off of RS's show!

Honestly, the point for me isn't about whether I or anyone else care about the dates, prior eliminations, etc. I like that info, but some don't care and that's fine.

My point is it further sets precedent that he is correct. Precedent was already set for him getting the final ending right in Jason and Jake's seasons (as he has reminded everyone, he didn't have regular sources on Jill's, and just got a couple minor things here and there). And specifically for this season, the sources were spot on with one slight error.

Contrast that to so much other stuff we have. There's nothing we can look back at, that I know of, and point to and say "Well, that happened as they said it would. They're likely right about the ending too." Assuming scenario X did occur but was merely "edited out" doesn't work for me as backup for that particular source. Steve has backup, IMO. US, Don, etc. do not.

FORT Newbie

I've been a fan of Reality Steve's for a long time. I was first interested in his articles on Joe Millionaire, For Love of Money and Survivor All-Stars. I got drawn into The Bachelor/ette later because of his snark. He's been blogging this series since the first Bachelorette and the third Bachelor. He didn't share spoilers until Jason and Mollie's season. I agree that he's often over the top, but I wouldn't read him if I didn't find him more entertaining and informative than not. I plan to continue to read him if he goes back to the columns I was drawn to in the first place; the spoilers are merely the icing on the cake.

I do feel sorry for him. From the timing of his tweets, I gather E! didn't even do the courtesy of letting him know of the recasting before the second broadcast. I would be furious, too.

In the case of Survivor, I don't feel the spoilers have cut viewership. The All-Star seasons have been completely spoiled before the start of each season, and the viewership tends to be a little higher for those seasons.

For The Bachelor/ette, I think an even stronger pro-spoiler case can be made. The series was close to cancellation after the Matt/Shayne season. And yes, Fleiss amped up the sleeze , the manipulation and the humiliation. This appeals to many viewers who have come to realize that the fairy tale love story may be short-term or non-existent even under the purer circumstances of the early seasons. Many viewers still want the Trista-Ryan outcome, but Fleiss can't produce that on demand so I don't think he tries very hard any more.

The spoilers help Fleiss because they feed the tabloids, the magazines and the entertainment shows in a way Fleiss can't. That builds the viewership for those who want to see how these things turn out. Shame on Fleiss for biting the hand that feeds him.

I read the closed sets, the lawsuit threat, the crackdown on spoiling and the petty revenge as strong signs that the ending would disappoint potential viewers if it were truly known. To me that all reads that she ended up with no one. If she did pick someone, I don't think they're still together.

Ali has often been drunk and disinterested in this whole process. I think her weight gain has been partly due to her anxiety and conflict. Maybe there was too much travel. Perhaps, Fleiss went too far in casting for drama and not far enough in casting enough good people with the educational and social background that Ali expected. Because Chris and Roberto are both good people, I don't think the audience wants to Ali end up alone. Fleiss is afraid that the audience won't be there if people know in advance she's alone.
    Last edited by suebenjamin; 08-01-2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: clarity

FORT fan

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;4017499;
    RS shouldn't have bragged about making a lot of money off of RS's show!
    I know, right? If RS would learn to tone down the arrogance and bragging and learn when to shut up he'd get what he wants. It's just like the Justin interview. If he'd stopped shouting it from the rooftop that he was interviewing him and TB was going to be exposed for how fake/scripted and people-using the show is, he'd've been able to interview Justin the first time.

I don't take delight in RS getting Fleissed, but I sure did see it coming. I wish RS would continue telling us everything because I like to know. On the other hand, it sure would be more fun to sleuth if we didn't know the spoilers.

i totally agree with the above post and even if and I think this is a big if but it is shown realitysteve is wrong, people will still tune into his blog

me being one of them, he's there for snark plan and simple, the snark won't stop as long as this show goes on and I think some people just want him to be wrong so badly because they want a positive outcome on the show

well, I'd say to MF try to cast some down to earth people, the show has gotten so over the top

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4017629;
    I know, right? If RS would learn to tone down the arrogance and bragging and learn when to shut up he'd get what he wants. It's just like the Justin interview. If he'd stopped shouting it from the rooftop that he was interviewing him and TB was going to be exposed for how fake/scripted and people-using the show is, he'd've been able to interview Justin the first time.

I don't take delight in RS getting Fleissed, but I sure did see it coming. I wish RS would continue telling us everything because I like to know. On the other hand, it sure would be more fun to sleuth if we didn't know the spoilers.
    I think it's made RS even more determined and I appriciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;4017858;
    i totally agree with the above post and even if and I think this is a big if but it is shown realitysteve is wrong, people will still tune into his blog

me being one of them, he's there for snark plan and simple, the snark won't stop as long as this show goes on and I think some people just want him to be wrong so badly because they want a positive outcome on the show

well, I'd say to MF try to cast some down to earth people, the show has gotten so over the top
    I want him to be wrong and I hope his sources dry up for upcoming seasons. I don't want to "know" the ending before it happens. It's different when the sleuthers come up with something based on the SCs. If you could avoid hearing what he has to say by avoiding his site and spoilers threads it wouldn't be so bad but you can't. I won't read his blog because I think he's a chauvinistic jerk but understand a lot of people like it and that's fine. I just don't want him to spoil a season for me like Jake's (not that I really cared about him, lol) or potentially this one. Of course I think he's right up to what he knows but there's more to the story.

This show isn't going to give us any caps to determine much of anything. It's no longer the same, so I like that RS tells what really happened.