Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;4011666;
    I just listened to the interview and I agree about the girlfriend part. But, like you, I believe him about all of the rest and how they manipulate everyone. I felt the same way about Rozlyn and Wes too.

I think I heard somewhere a lawsuit has been filed against him. I hope he has a good lawyer and knew what he was doing before he talked to RS.

This highlights to me that this is NOT the only storyline that was manipulated. Just goes to show that all that we see is manipulated.
    Yes, but Justin was on to the manipulation from the start and was ok with it, until he found out he was about to be the one to be made a fool.

He did have 2 girlfriends and got caught by Jessica & she went ballistic.

Another strange thing is that he called his mom from NY. How did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4011351;
    I listened to some of the interview with Justin. I don't know why his gf situation was seen more negatively than Frank's; they thought they liked Ali but ended up liking their ex-gf's more. Their stories aren't that different. BUT, I can see why the show abused Justin, he's annoying, shouldn't have called his ex-gf, and talks too much. Maybe Frank wasn't as annoying?!?

It seemed like all the Iceland guys got along with Justin and the show just exagerrated the drama between Kasey and Justin. He told everyone (handlers/camera crew left for the evening) the night before the Turkey epi that it wasn't right for him to stay on the show because he still had feelings for his ex and therefore, was going back home. He also stayed up late that night talking to Frank and Chris L. This is where Frank confessed that he had been going through the same thing with the producers since episode 2 (Justin made it seem like Frank liked Ali a lot but was confused about his exgf). At this point, it sounded like all the guys were on the same page and knew that Justin was genuine about returning home. The next day is when the shi* hit the fan and Ali confronted him. This tells me that the commentary from the guys during that epi was producer driven.

He said that all the guys knew how fake the show was, and the producers were extremely manipulative. Take it for what it's worth.
    Also, Ali really seemed to like Frank and it appears wanted to take him F1.....Justin.....probably not so much. They had to give Frank a cleaner edit especially since they already had another guy they could give a bad edit to.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Fanatic

Are we sure Steve doesnt eat CROW because I could stew one for him he will need it, or hand his head on a silver platter to fleiss.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4011670;
    Yes, but Justin was on to the manipulation from the start and was ok with it, until he found out he was about to be the one to be made a fool.

He did have 2 girlfriends and got caught by Jessica & she went ballistic.

Another strange thing is that he called his mom from NY. How did that happen?
    You know that just doesn't bother me. MF himself said only about 5 guys are there for the right reasons. We've heard many have girlfriends back home over the years so I don't think he is so much the exception. I even think he was willing to be the on camera villain. You know stir up a little drama in the house just like I think Craig M relished that role. I have no problem with that either. Gives us something to talk about.

Its the manipulation and misrepresentation that bothers me.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Fanatic

I think I heard somewhere a lawsuit has been filed against him. I hope he has a good lawyer and knew what he was doing before he talked to RS.
    Even if they file a lawsuit, it is like trying to squeeze water from a rock. From a legal perspective, ABC will spend more in litigation costs then they could ever hope to recover from him so their intention may be to intimidate/ put fear in future contestants so that people will stop speaking in public. I mean, honestly, most of these contestants are judgment proof- they have very little of value. Also, Justin lives in Canada which would make litigation highly difficult and unlikely.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=hooked4;4011429;]
    Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4011373;
    This whole scenerio justs cracks me up...last season when Ed wad texting girlfriends back home, the handlers/crew..kept it quiet..hused him out of town under the guise of being work related..drug him back (because Jillian liked him so much)..and actually helped cover it all up...

This season the same thing goes on and they WRITE into the show....WOW! what a difference a year makes..[/QUOTE]

I would say given the 2 men Ali has to choose from, there is a WORLD of difference in where Ali will be vs. Jill's season (still scratching my head at that one... as I am sure she is!!!)

Jillian wanted Ed for her F1. Justin wasn't really on Ali's radar.

I just listened to the interview and I agree about the girlfriend part. But, like you, I believe him about all of the rest and how they manipulate everyone. I felt the same way about Rozlyn and Wes too.

This highlights to me that this is NOT the only storyline that was manipulated. Just goes to show that all that we see is manipulated.

I always have believed the bach/ettes are manipulated into continuing to badmouth someone on the MTA even if its not really true. Am I the only one who finds it odd that we see personal photos later on of them hanging out and partying with the "villain?" ( It may not be the case in every instance but quite frequently it is.)

We have heard that the contestants have been told that they won't get "face time" on the camera if they don't join in on that kind of smack talk.
    The kind of friends you want in your "real" life - stab you in the back to get their faces on the camera and schmooze with you at all of the following gatherings.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I'm not a Frank fan but to be fair, he did break up with Nicole before the show while it appears that Justin did not. That and the fact that Ali was very much into Frank but not Justin makes for a completely different edit. Also she was extremely upset by Frank leaving but angry at Justin.

Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    This whole scenerio justs cracks me up...last season when Ed wad texting girlfriends back home, the handlers/crew..kept it quiet..hused him out of town under the guise of being work related..drug him back (because Jillian liked him so much)..and actually helped cover it all up...

This season the same thing goes on and they WRITE into the show....WOW! what a difference a year makes..

I would say given the 2 men Ali has to choose from, there is a WORLD of difference in where Ali will be vs. Jill's season (still scratching my head at that one... as I am sure she is!!!)
    I get what you're talking about. It seems that whatever "scandal" the show has that they DIDN'T plan and tried to cover up has then become the "modus operandi" for the following season. It's like, "Hey, the viewers talked a lot about that one, so let's schedule somewhere similar next season."
    Last edited by I'msotired; 07-29-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: I keep screwing up the quote.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4011721;
    I'm not a Frank fan but to be fair, he did break up with Nicole before the show while it appears that Justin did not. That and the fact that Ali was very much into Frank but not Justin makes for a completely different edit. Also she was extremely upset by Frank leaving but angry at Justin.

IMO - if in fact Ali does not end up with Chris or Roberto, the viewing public is going to heap the blamed squarely on what Frank did to Ali and the Justin fiasco will be a a dot in the landscape of hate that Frank the creep will have to endure.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;4011727;
    I get what you're talking about. It seems that whatever "scandal" the show has that they DIDN'T plan and tried to cover up has then become the "modus operandi" for the following season. It's like, "Hey, the viewers talked a lot about that one, so let's schedule somewhere similar next season."
    Yea, they've finally realized we enjoy talking about what goes on behind the scenes more than the show itself so now we are given contrived/manipulated scandals to talk about......which in turn makes me curious about what really occurred behind the manipulated versions provided to us.
    Last edited by HowRYa?; 07-29-2010 at 10:57 AM.