Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;4010153;
    I may have to fish out my raincoat and go listen to this interview. How nice that he failed to tell his gf's (especially the one he'd had for 2 years) that they weren't in a monogamous relationship. I think Justin's just PO'd because he thought he could outsmart TB producers. He didn't realize he was dealing with the masters of manipulation. They eat guys like Justin for breakfast.
    Listening to the interview, I believe Justin. Do I think he's the most stand up guy? Absolutely not. He's a wanna be player...but he's not good at it. He was trying to juggle multiple women, just like Ed, and he got caught up in a "women scorned" type deal. The whole thing was the producers' dream because they had an upset girlfriend who was easily manipulated and self-promoting, and a guy who was opportunistic and also self-promoting so he would naturally look bad. I do believe that he wanted to leave, that he realized Ali wasn't that into him and he didn't want to screw up a potential relationship back home, so he seized on the opportunity and the editors constructed a situation in which he was always going to look bad.

I also strongly believe that the editing and the producer manipulation is incredibly strong. The casting people tend to choose people who are a bit weak and would be open to trusting a reality tv producer and they also isolate people so much that the contestants actually only can trust the producers because they are the only people they have contact with for weeks on end.

After listening to this, I really don't think Chris L. would be a good Bachelor because he seems to have a mind of his own and I would be hard pressed to believe he would be a producer puppet as is necessary on this show, otherwise you will be frankenedited to look like a huge DB.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4011236;
    So, what did RS say?
    He is speaking about each character that they revisit - RS gives their backstory and his opinion - same as CH and MF. It's wild seeing him on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4010882;
    You know, it has some interesting tidbits, but I'd rather he talked to him about the other guys and what went on with them than his lame story.

I thought he came off as what he is, a guy that knows how to lie really well, but not well enough to be convincing. Know what I mean?
    I do know what you mean. I do think he came on for self promotion and with a g/f. I also think the producer's used all this to their advantage. Why they think they can beat the system is beyond me. Big miscalculation on his part. MF is evil and can't be beat at his own game. lol

I listened to some of the interview with Justin. I don't know why his gf situation was seen more negatively than Frank's; they thought they liked Ali but ended up liking their ex-gf's more. Their stories aren't that different. BUT, I can see why the show abused Justin, he's annoying, shouldn't have called his ex-gf, and talks too much. Maybe Frank wasn't as annoying?!?

It seemed like all the Iceland guys got along with Justin and the show just exagerrated the drama between Kasey and Justin. He told everyone (handlers/camera crew left for the evening) the night before the Turkey epi that it wasn't right for him to stay on the show because he still had feelings for his ex and therefore, was going back home. He also stayed up late that night talking to Frank and Chris L. This is where Frank confessed that he had been going through the same thing with the producers since episode 2 (Justin made it seem like Frank liked Ali a lot but was confused about his exgf). At this point, it sounded like all the guys were on the same page and knew that Justin was genuine about returning home. The next day is when the shi* hit the fan and Ali confronted him. This tells me that the commentary from the guys during that epi was producer driven.

He said that all the guys knew how fake the show was, and the producers were extremely manipulative. Take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by biglove44; 07-29-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;4011351;
    It seemed like all the Iceland guys got along with Justin and the show just exagerrated the drama between Kasey and Justin. He told everyone (handlers/camera crew left for the evening) the night before the Turkey epi that it wasn't right for him to stay on the show because he still had feelings for his ex and therefore, was going back home. He also stayed up late that night talking to Frank and Chris L. This is where Frank confessed that he had been going through the same thing with the producers since episode 2 (Justin made it seem like Frank liked Ali a lot but was confused about his exgf). At this point, it sounded like all the guys were on the same page and knew that Justin was genuine about returning home. The next day is when the shi* hit the fan and Ali confronted him. This tells me that the commentary from the guys during that epi was producer driven.

He said that all the guys knew how fake the show was, and the producers were extremely manipulative. Take it for what it's worth.
    This whole scenerio justs cracks me up...last season when Ed wad texting girlfriends back home, the handlers/crew..kept it quiet..hused him out of town under the guise of being work related..drug him back (because Jillian liked him so much)..and actually helped cover it all up...

This season the same thing goes on and they WRITE into the show....WOW! what a difference a year makes..

[QUOTE=fan*addict;4011373;]This whole scenerio justs cracks me up...last season when Ed wad texting girlfriends back home, the handlers/crew..kept it quiet..hused him out of town under the guise of being work related..drug him back (because Jillian liked him so much)..and actually helped cover it all up...

This season the same thing goes on and they WRITE into the show....WOW! what a difference a year makes..[/QUOTE]

I would say given the 2 men Ali has to choose from, there is a WORLD of difference in where Ali will be vs. Jill's season (still scratching my head at that one... as I am sure she is!!!)

[QUOTE=hooked4;4011429;]
    Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4011373;
    This whole scenerio justs cracks me up...last season when Ed wad texting girlfriends back home, the handlers/crew..kept it quiet..hused him out of town under the guise of being work related..drug him back (because Jillian liked him so much)..and actually helped cover it all up...

This season the same thing goes on and they WRITE into the show....WOW! what a difference a year makes..[/QUOTE]

I would say given the 2 men Ali has to choose from, there is a WORLD of difference in where Ali will be vs. Jill's season (still scratching my head at that one... as I am sure she is!!!)
    There may be a difference in the two men she has left standing, but the scenrio is the same just replace the names...my intention was only to say that one season is was hushed (although the tabloid world and boards knew about it) and this season is PART of the drama..Fleiss used last season's spoiled information and how the public would react as a guide for this season.

FORT Newbie

Don't post very often but have been around forever. Have to chime in on this one. Jill is not scratching her head about Ed. She chose someone SHE wanted to continue with in the real world. It was her show. No need to worry about confusing viewers, Mike Fleiss takes care of that. Just because some people would have chosen someone else, does not make it right for Jill. It's her life. Ed was not "dragged" back either. He came back because he wanted to and lived with her for almost a year because THEY wanted to live together.

Wishing Ali all the best, and I hope she "chooses" for herself, whatever that choice may be.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4;4011429;
    The two men Ali has to chose from won't mean a darn thing if the love isn't there. Chris and Roberto seem to be great guys from their edit. But that doesn't guarantee a happy ending, that doesn't even mean Ali can CHOOSE to feel that certain connection with them.

Jillian chose Ed because she loved him and she followed her heart. And they made an honest go of their relationship. If they've broken up now, that's not any different from any regular Jane falling for a guy she met on match.com, dating him and breaking up a year later. Jillian followed her heart and I commend her for that. I hope Ali will do the same, even if it means she chooses no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;4009903;
    I listened. lied about how involved he was with both women. The manipulation and that he got ambushed.

That, i believe. It was worth my time to listen to anyway.

I just listened to the interview and I agree about the girlfriend part. But, like you, I believe him about all of the rest and how they manipulate everyone. I felt the same way about Rozlyn and Wes too.

I think I heard somewhere a lawsuit has been filed against him. I hope he has a good lawyer and knew what he was doing before he talked to RS.

This highlights to me that this is NOT the only storyline that was manipulated. Just goes to show that all that we see is manipulated.

I always have believed the bach/ettes are manipulated into continuing to badmouth someone on the MTA even if its not really true. Am I the only one who finds it odd that we see personal photos later on of them hanging out and partying with the "villain?" ( It may not be the case in every instance but quite frequently it is.)
    Last edited by HowRYa?; 07-29-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods