Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4005452;
    Afterall it is only 1 hr, and if she chooses no one - I'm sure they can fill the 45 minutes of airtime with enough recap and interviews with Chris/Ali and Roberto/Ali.

Frankly, I won't miss him if he's not there. I don't care about his story - AT ALL. We already know it all.
    Forty-four of them will be spent reminding us of what a great Bach Chris will be. And that will be the last we hear of Chris. The rest of what we see of Chris (next season) will be spent convincing us of what a great Bachelorette his charming, funny, engaging, perfect-for-him F3 will be.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4005552;
    Forty-four of them will be spent reminding us of what a great Bach Chris will be. And that will be the last we hear of Chris. The rest of what we see of Chris (next season) will be spent convincing us of what a great Bachelorette his charming, funny, engaging, perfect-for-him F3 will be.
    And what a dumb@$$ he is for letting her go. The F1 will be a stripper. Count on it. Take it to the bank.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4005552;

Oh.... I don't think my heart can handle another season. After this season no one will be good enough for our little Chris... except for his F3 that he'll dump after he says to her, "I can see forever with you. Yeah. Really. Really. Really."

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4005574;
    And what a dumb@$$ he is for letting her go. The F1 will be a stripper. Count on it. Take it to the bank.
    Lol..Yes..but with a heart of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4005391;
    I completely agree with everything you said Anders.

I've thought about this a lot, but don't think they brought Nicole to Tahiti.
    First of all, Frank had already proven easily manipulated and I'm sure they were hoping to suck every last ounce out of him. Secondly, they may have been hoping Frank would stick with the show for one more date and if Nicole was waiting for him somewhere there was no chance of that. Frank not showing at the ATFR made me sure Nicole didn't get to go. If ABC had given Frank and Nicole a Tahitian vacation Frank would have been much more willing to keep playing their game and go to the ATFR. TPTB seem to be master manupulators, but their tactics seem to be mostly with negative reinforcement.

I have a copy of the contract for last season and the promotion clause seems pretty straight-forward, in that tptb seem like they have all the control. If tptb wanted to contractually make Frank go to ATFR taping, I'm sure they could have, but if he wouldn't cooperate... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.
    Several have refused to attend in the past. I've little doubt the contract says they had to just like Frank's did, but they didn't. How could they make Frank attend? Sue him? Really? Frank lawyers up, subpoenas for the entire cast and crew and production team; hours, even days sworn depositions and court testimony under oath exposing them for the craven manipulators they are?

It's been 20 seasons--Stork refusing publicity, Roz on Reality Steve, Wes on Reality Steve, Vienna selling an unauthorized story to a tabloid and pocketing the cash. And nobody has EVER been sued.

I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;4005792;
    Several have refused to attend in the past. I've little doubt the contract says they had to just like Frank's did, but they didn't. How could they make Frank attend? Sue him? Really? Frank lawyers up, subpoenas for the entire cast and crew and production team; hours, even days sworn depositions and court testimony under oath exposing them for the craven manipulators they are?

It's been 20 seasons--Stork refusing publicity, Roz on Reality Steve, Wes on Reality Steve, Vienna selling an unauthorized story to a tabloid and pocketing the cash. And nobody has EVER been sued. I wonder why.
    Because, in the grand scheme of all things Fleiss, it is no big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl;4005577;
    Oh.... I don't think my heart can handle another season. After this season no one will be good enough for our little Chris... except for his F3 that he'll dump after he says to her, "I can see forever with you. Yeah. Really. Really. Really."
    I can't even imagine him as the TB....really, really, really I can't.
    I'd love to see him every week, that would be great...however, I hope
    he passes. I just think he's too good for it, and maybe better off...

It's been 20 seasons--Stork refusing publicity, Roz on Reality Steve, Wes on Reality Steve, Vienna selling an unauthorized story to a tabloid and pocketing the cash. And nobody has EVER been sued.

I wonder why.

Re bolded: Money and ratings. Rather than hurt, these things have always helped the show. People tend to flock to see the train wreck.

FORT Fanatic

I wonder why.
    Also, if you start suing contestants, I wonder if it would serve as a deterrent to certain types. Further, most of these people are litigation proof. They do not have anything of value that would be worth what ABC would pay in legal fees to an attorney. Also, as someone pointed out, scandal brings ratings and in the world of reality tv, all publicity is good publicity, even if it "outs" the show or violates the contract. People will still watch. RS only helps to boost ratings, as well.

FORT Fan

Which show did Steve CLAIM that he'd be on -- am I wrong remembering that it was last night's 20/20???? Where was he???