Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

RS just tweeted:
    "Whatever happened, Frank wasn't in LA this wknd. A giant FU to ABC. Guess he didn't want to be edited again. Good 4 him."

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;4004436;
    Then he corrects himself on 6/21 that doesn't know the details...but Ali is single.
    So I guess Chris could leave before the FRC and that's the crying cap. That certainly hasn't happened before. I bet Fleiss would even give up the FRC rejection for a new kind of drama.

FORT Fan

with Justin and now Frank not showing up, ABC will probably change the contract to make sure contestants won't bail out... lol they probably hate this

If MF wouldn't trash their characters they'd probably show up.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;4003847;
    That is certainly the way the show presented it through Frank's narration, which totally doesn't match "Don"s story. It didn't seem like the locations and times matched up in a way that would allow for Frank to be seeing Nicole right after his time with Ali. But I'm not going to pretend that I did a lot of independent analysis on the subject (like looking at shadows to establish times).

I'll defer to chicagoowl who is a local and familiar with the locations in question and who also appears to think it was indeed a fly back.
    Frank’s narration doesn’t have to match up with the logistics of how it actually went down. We see PIs of people saying things that clearly they are talking in the present tense when what they’re talking about clearly happened weeks prior.

The story, as it played out on our screen had to be narrated in that manner.

I don’t’ believe that Frank left Chicago – went to LA for the RC then went back to Chicago to film the scene with Nicole. After coming back from Portugal, Frank had approximately 5-6 days of down time (including his HTD), in all likelihood, he either filmed it before Ali met his parents – or it was filmed after Ali left the house that day, or his HTD wasn’t last and it was filmed the day after.

RS only knows what his ABC insider tells him – and if they want to do some kind of damage control they say it didn’t happen until after the RC happens.

It just does not make any logical sense to me that it happened any other way – ONLY if they decided to bring Nicole to Tahiti with Frank as a thank you for helping them successfully make the season play out they way they intended.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

I would not be surprised to see one of the weeklies with an exclusive Frank (and possibly Nicole) cover story either this week or next week. That way Frank gets his story out there and it doesn't get edited by Fleiss. The only question would be how much he would be cowed by the contract and Fleiss, but having whatever magazine behind him and the money they'd probably pay for an interview would probably help.

Edit: anders332, I'm aware the narration isn't necessarily truth but my impression was the times of day don't match up in a way that would allow for "Don" to be correct. JMO.

I'm not sure what kind of hold they have over the contestants as far as being able to 'set the record straight' but I'm sure they do since after this many seasons it's rare to get reputable interviews from any of them - RS has a way of doing it that doesn't get them in trouble, but that's about it.

Their contracts do bind them to only talk about what was shown on the air and how it aired.

I would be interested in an RS interview with Frank if he could blow the whistle on producer manipulation. Otherwise, Frank's 15 minutes is up and I would refuse to shop for groceries to avoid seeing cover story photos or even headlines in the weeklies. Please....no more Frank.
    Last edited by OhWow; 07-26-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: quoted message didn't come through right

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4004504;
    RS just tweeted:
    "Whatever happened, Frank wasn't in LA this wknd. A giant FU to ABC. Guess he didn't want to be edited again. Good 4 him."
    woahhh no idea what to make of this!!! Makes me think about why he'd not be there and what really could have happened -- Ali really wanted answers though...

does RS say AFTR was taped this weekend for sure though? He doesn't seem to know a lot does he
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;4005105;
    I would not be surprised to see one of the weeklies with an exclusive Frank (and possibly Nicole) cover story either this week or next week. That way Frank gets his story out there and it doesn't get edited by Fleiss. The only question would be how much he would be cowed by the contract and Fleiss, but having whatever magazine behind him and the money they'd probably pay for an interview would probably help.
    Didn't Vienna break with protocol when she sold her story to Star instead of going through approved PR venues? She said in her interview with CH that she knew Jake would get his story and version of events out there (via TPTB) if she didn't strike first on her own.

It seems the contestants are playing a little hard ball of their own - the best they can against a media giant, that is.