Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3996743;
    Not only that. If Chris F1, it's a beautiful love story,but if it's Roberto she just wants to hump him in a street corner.

I pity Chris next season if he doesn't pick the girl next door with the heart wrenching story. As a matter of fact, I'm already resenting that girl cause I know what's coming.

It happens every season. So many people loved Jill until it looked like she wasn't going to pick the fav, Reid. The same thing will happen to Chris.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;3996081;
    Ali was at the FRC and would know her status... I really think it was someone in production or her handler though, the one who keeps reminding all interviewers that nobody knows if she even picked someone.
    Maybe Ali's buddy Kathryn Sherlock?

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3997034;
    It happens every season. So many people loved Jill until it looked like she wasn't going to pick the fav, Reid. The same thing will happen to Chris.
    I agree about the disillusionment factor with CL if he's the next Bach.

But let's be fair: I think the turning against Jillian was a lot because her F1 was a lying, cheating tool with 2 girlfriends in a season where somebody else was villified for allegedly having a girlfriend back home (in retrospect it seems more like there may have been somebody back home Wes still had feelings for, but not a gf). And guess what? It appears that the things that were issues at that time are many of the same issues that led to their recent break. If somehow they reunite it'll look a lot like Ed's relationship with one of his girlfriends (L) that was long term and very on-off.

I don't think there'll be that much backlash against Ali if Roberto's F1 because he isn't Ed. The idea that this is a superficial "lust" pick is only a small red flag for somebody who, aside from his willingness to go on a reality TV dating show, seems like a great catch. Sure she didn't pick the fan favorite whose willingness to go on a reality TV dating show is generally excused by the fact that he made a big professional sacrifice to connect with his beloved mother and is thought to deserve to have a little fun. But Roberto's gotten a good edit. I don't buy into the poor overlooked Roberto mentality at all.

At the same time let's face it, if CL had been F1 then it would've been a superficial pick too. It takes superhuman amounts of readiness to settle down (something only Trista, Jason, and Jillian have shown) to overcome the setup of this show. I don't know how many times we need to hear from leads and their F1s that the real getting to know each other/falling in love part comes after the show to realize that we're never watching a "real love story" on TV. That's something for fans of both guys and/or Ali to bear in mind.

RS's charm was that the snark is good for deromanticizing a superficial show and exposing the pretend stuff along the lines of the last paragraph. It's good to have that factor because people do get caught up with the "love story" idea. He's got some redeeming attributes including IMO his willingness to apologize for getting something wrong as he intends to with the interview he's teasing. But it doesn't change his bullying tactics which have made me start to root against him.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 07-22-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3997083;
    I understand what you're saying & I agree. I''m just basing on what I'm reading here that Ali will be the most hated Bette is she doesn't pick Chris. She'll never be allowed back on the Cape if she doesn't pick Chris, etc. People would rather her not pick anyone if she's not going to pick Chris.
    I guess I just don't take that very seriously Sometimes people exaggerate and humor is misunderstood. Sometimes a wave of pro-somebody sentiment makes it seem bigger and more intense than it is because of sheer volume. Then you get the backlash (poor Roberto, all he did was be born the perfect hot man!). Then the backlash to the backlash. Then the backlash to the backlash to the backl.....you get the idea. It's the exact same dynamic as you see with sports fandoms.

RS expected the "housewives" to hate Frank after this episode with the savagery of women scorned. Do they? I think RS exaggerated the intensity of the feelings that would rain down on Frank but we'll see. But then again he's never had as good a read on the "housewives" as he likes to think he does.

If the hate for Frank isn't overwhelming I don't see how it's possible that there'd be much hate for Ali picking nobody or picking Roberto. If Ali does pick Roberto then as long as they don't turn into Speidi-like attention-hos I expect the public's reaction to the occasional photo ops from them will be "Awwwww...cute as puppies!!!!" And if they see CL out and about their reaction will be "Awwww...cute as puppies, can't we find a good gorgeous girl for him?????" Sure there'll be some bittercakes one way or the other, you can always find that. But I don't think it'll be anything like what happened in the Jason and Jillian seasons where there was actually a scandalous hook.

I hope not, cfck. I've just never understood the fervor connected to a TV show & something that has nothing to me or my life. I watch it for the entertainment, but mostly the sleuthing. If sleuthing goes away, I probably won't even watch.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3997124;
    I guess I just don't take that very seriously Sometimes people exaggerate and humor is misunderstood. Sometimes a wave of pro-somebody sentiment makes it seem bigger and more intense than it is because of sheer volume. Then you get the backlash (poor Roberto, all he did was be born the perfect hot man!). Then the backlash to the backlash. Then the backlash to the backlash to the backl.....you get the idea. It's the exact same dynamic as you see with sports fandoms.

RS expected the "housewives" to hate Frank after this episode with the savagery of women scorned. Do they? I think RS exaggerated the intensity of the feelings that would rain down on Frank but we'll see. But then again he's never had as good a read on the "housewives" as he likes to think he does.

If the hate for Frank isn't overwhelming I don't see how it's possible that there'd be much hate for Ali picking nobody or picking Roberto. If Ali does pick Roberto then as long as they don't turn into Speidi-like attention-hos I expect the public's reaction to the occasional photo ops from them will be "Awwwww...cute as puppies!!!!" And if they see CL out and about their reaction will be "Awwww...cute as puppies, can't we find a good gorgeous girl for him?????" Sure there'll be some bittercakes one way or the other, you can always find that. But I don't think it'll be anything like what happened in the Jason and Jillian seasons where there was actually a scandalous hook.
    We don’t hate frank because we (and anyone who buys groceries) knew it was coming – we even had previews for weeks warning of what was going to happen. Had that all been left out – no spoilers, no previews and the bomb was dropped with no warning the rage would’ve been enormous.

We also have been spoiled that there’s a chance she leaves alone or with Roberto – again, lots of warning – lots of time to let it sink in – not like Brad who we never knew for sure what he did until the very end. I remember we kinda knew Brad might pick no one, and wasn’t blindsided when he did it, but was actually laughing at it when it happened.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3996587;
    I think cupcakes was first last year (before RS posted) - I remember not wanting to believe her when I read her post =)

I'll be out of the country again this year for FRC, same as I was for Jill's! grr...gotta start planning my vacation better! I remember scrambling in a hotel lobby to google the results of Jill's season last year (probably a week after it aired). I still didn't want to believe she picked Ed!

Me too chopstick - I kept hoping she was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3997034;

Yep - that's why I was SOOO happy when Reid turned it down. He would have been hated too.

This Nicole character accepting the Frank character back so easily and so quickly is so bogus just like when Molly accepted Jason back so quickly and so easily. (They were seeing each other behind Melissa's back, as RS noted at the time.)

Frank and Nicole are paid actors. Fleiss scripted them ab initio. Silly Ali fell for it. What a sucker!

P.S. Ali may be the first Bette to get a do-over. Bachelorette Ali II.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3996743;
    Not only that. If Chris F1, it's a beautiful love story,but if it's Roberto she just wants to hump him in a street corner.

I pity Chris next season if he doesn't pick the girl next door with the heart wrenching story. As a matter of fact, I'm already resenting that girl cause I know what's coming.
    The only people who seem to be making those comments about Roberto are the few on FB! Most people like Roberto, they just think Chris is a better fit. Maybe it's because they have seen more of him.