Page 38 of 535 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

Re: Reality Steve discussion only **Spoilers**

The article someone liked above identifies him as Matthew Ty Brown. RS doesn't seem to know who it is as of now so it will be interesting to see if this site got the right person. Sounds quite a bit like the Wes scandal except this g/f is real and will play a part on show. I was hoping this played out early versus late for a change.

FORT Newbie

There are many, many reasons why Ty wasn't able to use his ex-wife's connections in the music industry to further his career. Hint #1: Does anyone know what his ex does for a living now? There's a reason but I still don't understand what I am allowed to say on here, and I'm not ok with being attacked for explaining it.
    Hint #2: Spend 5 minutes in downtown Nashville and you'll see that there are hundreds of musicians with more than enough talent to make it big and who are even better than the biggest stars out today. And those people will probably never see the inside of a major label's building. Connections may get you a meeting, but you have to have more than a talented wife to get your own record deal.

Quote Originally Posted by loveONtv;3884743;
    There are many, many reasons why Ty wasn't able to use his ex-wife's connections in the music industry to further his career. Hint #1: Does anyone know what his ex does for a living now? There's a reason but I still don't understand what I am allowed to say on here, and I'm not ok with being attacked for explaining it.
    Hint #2: Spend 5 minutes in downtown Nashville and you'll see that there are hundreds of musicians with more than enough talent to make it big and who are even better than the biggest stars out today. And those people will probably never see the inside of a major label's building. Connections may get you a meeting, but you have to have more than a talented wife to get your own record deal.
    Please share! Everyone is allowed their own opinion!
    Is Matthew his first name? LOL I thought someone said it was Tyrone?
    Last edited by Caligirl81; 04-24-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: add info

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Caligirl81;3884745;
    Please share! Everyone is allowed their own opinion!
    Is Matthew his first name? LOL I thought someone said it was Tyrone?
    Ha ha! No, his first name is Matthew! Tyrone is a nickname some people use for him.

We always enjoy and respect oppinions from new posters who can give us insite into the contestants on this show. This board is not like others - all are welcome and respected for their differing oppinions.

Let me add my .
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Fogey

Although opinions on here can and quite often do differ, each poster and opinion is recognized as having worth. Please feel welcome to give yours.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3884734;
    I don't understand how he can know it's not Ty, but not know who it IS. Did he ask his sources specifically if it was Ty? I don't know how he could say who it isn't, but not say who it is.
    I know exactly how you feel, Cash. "I don't know who it is, but I know who it isn't". Of course, if you read his blog, we're a bunch of idiots who couldn't find our way out of a paper bag without his help. I do appreciate his spoilers, but not his constant condescension of anyone who dares to ask questions about his info.

I also saw a comment on RS blog (don't know how true it is), that last summer the poster & her friend signed her friend's boyfriend up to be on the show. The producers called him, told him much money he would earn for 6 weeks of filming during March/April. He told them no because he had a girlfriend, but apparently, they continued to pursue him.

I don't know if there's any truth in that post or not, but I can totally see Fleiss getting someone on the show who does 100% have a girlfriend & setting it up so the grilfriend would call midseason...after he's charmed Ali, of course. The girlfriend theme has been placed off-screen so now maybe Fleiss wants to make it a part of the show. Anders stated that she thought the bf/gf must have had it planned, otherwise, why would she just call in the middle of the season?? Maybe that was the agreement they had with TPTB. RS's sourse may not know that it was a set up from the beginning.

IMO, mid-season is a good time for a scandal because they'll allude to "the scheming bachelor ever" on the previews & everyone will continue watching to see what happens, then keep watching to see if Ali can get past the betrayal she felt to move on & fall in love with someone else. Shoot, with this guy, we'll get Wes (there for his career, possible girlfriend) & Ed (girlfriends back home) all in one & it playing out onscreen.

I think they'll up-play Ali's "connection" :drink with this guy to make it seems more dramatic. If we don't find out by then, I think we should concentrate on who TPTB "showcase" the first few episodes. Hopefully Bloomers will be able to help with the edit of this guy, although the edits have been a bit wonky.

Oh my mind wanders with nothing to sleuth, but it makes sense to me.

Whew!!! Sorry for the long post. I'm exhausted.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I think that it is very likely that the guy and his girlfriend planned it - and I am willing to bet TPTB knew he had a girlfriend. They might not have known she was going to call though.

I bet all the guys saw right through him and Ali was charmed by him....and when the info comes out the guys will be happy and Ali will be conflicted. This guy will get the worst edit to ever come down the Bachelor pike and we will see Ali being fooled by him just like Jillian with Wes. This guy might have thought The Bachelor was good for his career - I just hope he is okay with weathering the storm that his edit will bring upon him.

It is very obvious to me that , as opposed to earlier seasons , every season now has to have some sort of scandal ; totally set up by TPTB in my opinion. It has worked well for ratings so they will continue to do it !

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3884905;
    I think that it is very likely that the guy and his girlfriend planned it - and I am willing to bet TPTB knew he had a girlfriend. They might not have known she was going to call though.

I bet all the guys saw right through him and Ali was charmed by him....and when the info comes out the guys will be happy and Ali will be conflicted. This guy will get the worst edit to ever come down the Bachelor pike and we will see Ali being fooled by him just like Jillian with Wes.
    The series loves recycling. Awhile back, I termed it "the sliding doors" effect. On one season they present a situation and let it play out. Somehow, someway, in the next season, it is represented and an alternative approach is explored with the same/different outcome. Jake's season had Ali attempting an Ed. He said "no." She wasn't F1 and became the Bach'ette to reprioritize "love over career" (same language as Ed). This season, it looks like we'll get girlfriend-gate redux edition with Ali booting him basically cuz she has the g-friend on the phone.

Just as the "work" plotline is worn out, after this season, the "girlfriend" plotline will be old. Plus, if Ali did like this dude, it kinda blows for her given her history of being cheated on. For her sake, I hope there's one or two guys who are genuine and with whom she can make some kinda connection.

As for RS, well, he just drives me batty.